Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My First HC Meteorb - Need Advice

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by St0nez, Mar 29, 2005.

1. St0nez

St0nez IncGamers Member

My First HC Meteorb - Need Advice

Hi, people. This is my first HC sorc, and I decided to go the path of fire and ice. What are some suggestions from the much more experienced sorc players? What should my stat distribution look like? Should I add anything to energy? Is it (energy) even worth it? General Hell tips, besides finding a conviction paladin to party up with? Please keep in mind that this build is entirely untwinked. Thanks.

2. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Well first off, for HC I'd suggest not completly twinking... try to aquire 1 peice of equipment. Mosers blessed circle (if you upgrade it and put in 2 pdiamonds) it will solve your blocking and resistance problems :D

If you do decide not to twink at all, I'd say
    Str enough for gear
    Dex same as str (I found a sweet grim sheild that had insane blocking and resists tho, so if you see somthing that would be easy to get max block with go for it).
    Vita Everything els
    Energy nill

Orb is your main killer, try to get Cold mastery to level 17 after skill items. Fire spells don't need to be really used until Hell. Make sure you get teleport!

Oh yeah... and have fun :D

3. St0nez

St0nez IncGamers Member

You advise the use of a shield over a staff? I understand that dex requirements for maximum blocking (maximum allowed by shield) goes up as you level. So, I should try and keep it on par with strength as I level up, or pump it up to a point and then add as necessary to keep up the blocking at max?

4. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Yes sheild and orb (or dagger or wand) gives you better resists, defence, and damage for the most part (common drops for me are rare sheilds with around 50% block rate and 15ish res all; and orbs with +2 cold/fire/lit skills with +x to skill orbs).

I'd get str to a decent level (non-twinking I'd say 75 is pretty good unless somthing really good drops); dex to the same level ish until you find a sheild you want to stick with, then just use the character info to keep it at 75% block.

Last note, you want to be around level 80 b4 taking on hell (not twinking you need a higher level). A good strat is to MF Nightmare Meph until you get better gear (vipermagi/wizspike would be IDEAL)

5. St0nez

St0nez IncGamers Member

Thanks for the input.