Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My first Fury/Rabies Wolf

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by drinkturps, Mar 29, 2005.

1. drinkturps

drinkturps IncGamers Member

My first Fury/Rabies Wolf

Haven't played a shapeshifter in 1.10 at all. I like the look of Rabies and Fury combined. Below is a realistic skill stat allocation that I plan to use.

Having read the Druid forums I thought I'd post here first as I only play hardcore. I want to make the following.....

Poison Creeper 20
    Lycanthropy 10
    Werewolf 1
    Fury 20
    Oak Sage 10
    Rabies 20

Looks like fun. Once again not looking for cookie cutting etc. Just some fun through to the end of Nightmare. Before anyone asks I have no carrion rings and I want to max the Creeper mainly because he will also be a sort of meat shield too. This chap will be pretty much untwinked. Maybe a few runes for making some low level weapons like Strength. Not really got any druid stuff to pass down at a later levels either.

Now the questions.

a) Play style. Should I run in to attack with a Rabies bite and then knock them senseless with fury and the biggest two handed weapon I can find?

b) As this is hardcore, I like my max blocking shields, a 2 handed wolf is going to have poor resists and no block. Would I be ok with 1 handed weapon and shield or will this compromise my damage a lot?

bii)...or maybe, using rabies for biting and holding a shield only using a 2 handed weapon on switch for the bosses.

c) With the Skill point allocation, should I start by pumping the poison creeper and then rabies at lev 18, putting points into oak sage and lycanthropy for balance when I need to?

d) When I get to level 30 should I then max Fury straight away using Rabies as a support skill?

e) Pets. Should I spend the points for a Grizzly or for some wolfy companions? I get the feeling even with Oak Sage that they will get turned into pet food.

f) Feral Rage. Are a few skill points in here worth it?

The build sounds like a whole load of fun. Am I on the right track with the skill point allocation?

Thanks

2. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

I just finished making a rabies druid, he's fun for norm, fun for nm, but if you dont have top knotch gear you wont survive AT ALL in hell. Ideally you want to find a Grief as a 1 handed weapon, and ideally if you could get Bramble for armor you'd use that, but i know i cant afford bramble so if you can find poison facets use them too. Trangs gloves is a must, jalas, if u can find a +3 shapeshifting/2nd mod ammy use that. Basically once rabies and creeper is maxed, ever +1 skill you have to shapehsifting will add about 1.2k dmg to your rabies.

As for attacking style, try to either run into a herd and hit the first monster you can with rabies, or hit a running monster like a devilkin and let him run around and bump into others to spread the rabies. Then fury away. This is why Grief is so useful because of the extra 400 dmg it adds to fury (as well as the -psn res).

As per skill allocation you need to decide whether you want to be mainly rabies or mainly fury. Whichever you wanna use i'd max that first. Basically by lvl 60 i had everything done but Oak. I wouldnt suggest that if you're playing on your own, maybe 10 in fury max oak then go back and finish fury.

If you cant afford a grief, use a fleshrender to attack with grief then if you're set on a 2 handed wpn, find the biggest fastest 2 hander you can for fury.

3. drinkturps

Thanks. This ball of fur is going nowhere near hell. I've never made one so what you have described hits the nail on the head. I'll aim for the mainly rabies option as I've never used the skill.

I'll do some gambling for some +skills ammy's and circlets. I know that Oak at high levels makes a good meat shield too and is practically immune to everything in Nightmare.

I like the sound of going for the Council with some hit and run tactics and also Shenks posse of pals, running around like a rabid Scooby-Doo! :thumbsup:

4. Sip

Sip Banned

Dont max poison creeper.

Wear carrion wind ring and use the marrow-walk type synergy bug.

Putting No points into poison creeper and wearing this ring is equal to having 21 hard points into the skill (since it has level 21 charges). Saves you some points for other more important skills.

5. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

sip, in his post he explicitly stated that he doesnt want to use carrion wind, and he wishes to max psn creeper.

are you going to be public leveling this bad boy or private?

if public id tend to max the safety skills in a party order: oak, lycan, rabies, psn creeper, fury

just cuz in the throne id be a bit worried about having high lvl fury right away.

if you are going to level solo, you might need a more rugged order: lycan, fury, oak, rabies, creeper

just my .02

cheers
    -tai

6. Sip

Sip Banned

whups

I didnt bother reading the whole thing. my bad sirs

7. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

not a problem, i do agree that that is probably the best way to go about it, but we must build within his specifications

cheers
    -tai

8. drinkturps

Thanks all. I'll be mainly private but if I'm not stong enough to take down the bosses I'll join pubby games. Level 6 at the mo using a Short Sword in the Stoney Field. Woof!