Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My First Druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by warlock_666, Mar 26, 2004.

1. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

My First Druid

Hi I've been wanting to make a druid for a while now and I finally decided to do it. I was wonderng if this stuff (It's all stuff i have laying around and i cant really afford any more expensive stuff like enigma) was good for a PvP Werewolf Fury druid.

Jalal's
    +2 Druid valor
    Raven Frost
    Craft Ring with duel leech and resist
    08 SS (I also got an 09 ss)
    Gore Riders
    High Lords
    Soul Drainer

And weapon is where im not sure. I think i can afford the runes for beast or doom but the best weapon i have for it is ettin axe, is this good or would ethreal botd war spike be better (i cant afford eth botd zerk or stuff like that).

Gloves im also not sure about. I think i have a spare pair of IK gloves around so they might be the way to go. What you guys reckon?

Is 08 SS better than 09 (for block = less dex = more life?)

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Forgot to add, he will be using 8 / 14 SOE too (i might be able to stretch to a verdungos if ifts greatly better)

Edit 2: I just traded for a 5 socket Beserker Axe so i will use that instead

2. Green_Squirrel

Green_Squirrel IncGamers Member

Your gear looks okay, the gloves and armour are what I'm worried about. Unless you plan on strict melee dueling, you should get anti-caster gear to keep in your stash. Such gear would include 4 gemmed monarch, different ones for different elements, perhaps a Kira's, and 4 gemmed armour. If you can afford it, CoH is an excellent armour. Soul Drainers don't have any useful mods unless for PvM oriented builds, you'd be better off with Steelrend.

Beast has too little IAS, you'd be attacking at 6 FPS even with a warspike. Same goes for Doom. BotD warspike is a 5 frame Fury, this would be okay, but not best.

For gloves, Steelrends would be great, if you don't care about manners, you could try some Dracul's.

I barely remember what a .08 SS was like, so forgive me if I miss something. an aegis requires a huge amount of STR, and is "heavy" type. Along with your "medium" type armour, the R/W penalty wouldn't be good in cat-and-mouse duels. 1.09 SS seems better.

SoE isn't as useful now that LL is nerfed. I'd go for a Verdungo's.

Good luck on him! :thumbsup:

3. Manifesto

Manifesto IncGamers Member

so far so good. it looks like a successful setup. some things that u may want to take into consideration:

leech has a damn lot of penalties. ur dual leech ring might be as useful as it might of been but the resists look ok. otherwise i suggest another raven frost.

as for gloves, u can try steelrends (mentioned by squirrel). dracules another option but ppl sometimes complain about life tap. and another good pair r blood fists. theyre just decent gloves to have. ik is good too.

go with 09 SS and verdungos (again mentioned by squirrel)

good luck!

~Mani

4. warlock_666

cool thank you both for your replies, they helped alot!

1 more question though, with the fury IAS breakpoints, is it one of those skills where only weapon IAS counts towards how fast the FPS rate is? Or can i get away without the BoTD warspike and have an ed/ias jewel somewhere else? If not then BoTD warspike here i come!!

Thanks again :D

5. warlock_666

I just had a thought. Wont the Fana on Beast make the ias and damage faster and higher than the BoTD, thus creating 5 fps Fury?
    lvl 9 fana =
    Your damage: 186%
    Attack speed: 29% (total of 69% ias)

Thois would make beast better, especially the nice bonus to Lycanthropy. Or am i just wrong?