Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My first d-clone and online friends.

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Bearcub, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

My first d-clone and online friends.

Yesterday it finnally happened. My trapper was messing around in hell and the soj counter starts flying. 80 sojs later the Diablo walks the earth msg appeared. I did not think my trapper could kill him but well i might as well try. I use my level 2 lower resist, throw my traps watch my level 31 shadow master die in three seconds, merc dead, hmm I need some friends. So I start doing the /f l and no one is on. Kind of knew that because i was playing by myself, but useally someone is on. Try to kil him 4 more times and well it was not going anywhere and still no one on my list.

1 hour later, cat appears. I fumble around so excited it is hard for me to type the msg. He brings in his sorce, both his sorce and my trapper is level 84. I pull out my handy lower resist wand and we attack. This guy just does not die, traps me in a bone prison which takes me forever to get out of, used all my rejuves while getting hosed the whole time while in it. Short story we need additional reinforcements. Cat brings in Baalos Barb, and ultras Necro and the d-clone goes down. The Nec ruled with decrypt.

This story really is about friends. I have several people on my friends list. It really is what I enjoy about this game. I met most of them in gat-west tho I hardly drop by the channel anymore. If you see me in Gat-west and need some people to play with do not be afraid to speak up, and ask for a game. Lastly thanks to you that showed up last night and helped me out the 1,20,5,9 charm made my day

2. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Grats on the anni, I haven't seen an anni post in a while.

It does help to have friends that can bail you out in certain situations as that.

I've come across D-Clone roughly 5 or so times... 2 of them where my games.

Enjoy the anni and stay safe.

Wing

3. madman68

madman68 IncGamers Member

Yea, I showed up just after they took down DC. Would of been neat to see if any of my characters would of helped. Oh we'll, there always next time.

Congrts on the anni, pooh. :buddies:

|madman

4. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Totally agree with you. Friends are what make this game what it is. Without friends, I would probably have stopped playing this game a long time ago.

Congratulations on your Annihilus Charm!! :thumbsup:

5. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

It was a pleasure to help. It was my first DC too, so I was more that happy to hear from Cat and give you a hand. The funny thing was, it cost me only two juvies, one for me and one for my merc. I thought he would be a lot harder than he was.

6. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

He was till we got the numbers, I did not even need a rejuve for my merc once you came. For you that do him solo congrats.

7. AnubisXy

AnubisXy IncGamers Member

Glad to hear, grats pooh =]

8. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

I was looking for you anubis. Just like you to disapear when you are in need. :)

9. laughingtiger

laughingtiger IncGamers Member

Congratulations! My first DC experience was a couple of days ago. I had just gotten my skellimancer into act1 hell and was tooling around the Stony Field when I saw the counter go off. I didn't think much of it seeing it go off. Then it went off a second time and all of a sudden "diablo walks the earth" popped up and the damn screen started shaking. Man I nearly peed my pants cuz I didn't know where the hell he was gonna spawn. I immediately tp'd into town and fortunately, corndog was on and I was able to message him for assistance. He came in with his D Clone Killer along with Ryan and we took off for Stony. I came in and had the skellies tank, threw decrep and he wacked away at 'ol D. He went down within a couple of minutes. It was pretty damn cool especially when it came as a complete surprise. What a freakin' rush! =) Hooray to on-line friends!

10. Khianna

Khianna IncGamers Member

If you weren't always on before I get off of work, it would be easier to help you out. :lol: Congratulations though.

11. HR-Tecira

HR-Tecira IncGamers Member

The biggest key to killing him is prevent monster heal if you are fighting him solo or with a small group. Need to have it either on your merc or on your person.

If you are a physical attacker having access to a nature's peace ring to use when fighting d clone is very very helpful :). (I have one in my barb's stash just for that. Changed from a Kingslayer CS that had pmh to an eth Eternity CS that does not so had to get the pmh back for soloing. I take it off when not fighting the clone since I like to hork my fallen foes and natures peace prevents that hehe.)

12. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

Yes, my friend called me last night for dclone. We were 2 javazons, but we each have a 2nd cdkey. So we have a BO barb and an enchantress to boost our damage.

We had unsuccessfully tried to duo him a few weeks ago, but were able to kill him with help (posted here). But this time I was ready. In the last couple weeks I had found a set of rare Prevent Monster Heal war javs, and kept them in my stash. So my lvl 87 zon tanked with PMH, my merc has 105% crushing blow, hehe (hone sudan, guilliams helm, and rattlecage), and we took him out in just a couple of mins. I was casting life-tap for my merc then switching to PMH javs. 6 rejuvs for me (3 on merc and 3 on me). My friend took more of the distance fire so spent about 12 rejuvs.

My friend got the charm as I had the one from a couple of weeks ago. His was very nice, nearly max stats (15, 17, and 7).

13. Ka0s047

Ka0s047 IncGamers Member

Yep, if it wasnt for my friends(the misfits) i woulda stoped along time ago. There the only thing that seems to keep me going.