Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My first Bowazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by kalvydas, Nov 6, 2006.

1. kalvydas

kalvydas IncGamers Member

My first Bowazon

Im thinking to make my first PvM bowazon (for CS, WSK, and Cows) and planned this:

Items: Shako, +2zon skill amy, Faith( GMB 3/2/15), COH, +2 bow gloves, arachnid, soj/bk, wartrav, ani and troch. All these gives me +15all skills and +20 Bow/Xbow skills

Merc: ActI merc with Ice, Shako, Coh. I think rouge will survive in chaos and will give holy freeze aura.

Skills: thats where I bit confused:
    Pasive tree:all skill with atleast +1, with more skill points in valkyre, penetrate and maybe pierce.
    Bow/Xbow: maxing strafe, some points in multi

Is this character gona be able to clear CS, Cows and WSK? Looks like at lvl75 (need this to use troch) ill have few skill points left, so what over skill should I put points in?

thx

2. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

There is a guide for a faith bowzon in the sticky, look through that. All the answers and suggestions to your post are in there.

3. CableDayspring

CableDayspring IncGamers Member

I would drop the + skills down quite a bit. You need IAS. With your GMB you still need another 95% IAS to hit the last strafe breakpoint, IIRC. I don't see much from your equipment choices that gives any more IAS.

The +skills aren't really what Strafers go for. Its all about speed and damage. You can add more damage with other equipment that will outclass the small bonus you get from increasing Strafe. Of course, if you can get +skills on top of damage and speed then do that.

Take a look at things like Treachery runeword for a nice 45% IAS and CTC Venom. Also has a nice built in Fade CTC when struck.

Cat's eye amulet gets you another 20 IAS and huge boost to Dexterity (25).

Laying of Hands are a great set of gloves especially in the CS. 20% IAS, 50% fire resist, 350% enhanced damage to Demons. Could also try a pair of crafted hitpower gloves for the knockback.

I also love Nosferatu's Coil for the 10% IAS and the 10% slow and some extra life leech.

As for rings, you might be better off with a ravenfrost or 2. Or even a nice rare dual leecher.

A lot of people seem to like Andariel's Visage on their heads but I have never been lucky enough to find one so I usually go with a cheap old Stealskull for the dual leech and extra IAS.

The + to skills certainly looks nice but they don't get you as much as you may think. The + to skills help elemental damagers more than they do physical powerhouses.

Cabledayspring

4. jag

jag IncGamers Member

Agree with previous poster -- speed and damage far more important than +skills for a strafer.

I have access to any skiller gcs i want and i decided against them in favor of max dam/ar/life type charms.

Only other gear suggestion is lava gout gloves -- has chance to cast lvl 10 enchant on them -- very nice ar boost with a little fire damage and much needed 20 ias -- laying of hands also good choice - just depends on your needs

how much dex do you have? -- really need to pump alot of dex points on a strafer build -- suggest 400 or more! Each point of dex will help ar and will increase your damage.

5. kalvydas

thx alot for help

when I am looking at speen calculator at http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english
    (you can get it laos form arreat summit web page)

it shows that with 15lvl fanat aura using GMB i only need 35%IAS to reach 2frames break point (12.5 attack per sec). So where is mistake? Do i really need 95IAS or just 35?

thx

6. CableDayspring

CableDayspring IncGamers Member

Looks like I was indeed mistaken. I wasn't taking into consideration the aura from Faith.

This post has some useful information.

If it is correct, you do only need an additional 35% IAS.

Sorry for the misinformation. I guess If I ever had the chance to get a Faith bow I would be more informed :smiley:

Cabledayspring

7. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

95IAS is for normal attack/Multishot/Guided

35IAS is for Strafe

8. CoRRuPt-OnE

CoRRuPt-OnE IncGamers Member

you still need 95 ias

for doing CS and cows strafe is not going to cut it so you will need multi to be at up to par and the last bp does make a difference.

9. kalvydas

looked through my mules and got: stealskull, +2bow 20IAS gloves, highlords, and nosferatus. Total of 60IAS.

Should I try to get mavinas helm and socket it with 15IAS, to reach 95? OR maybe use faith 3/2/15 in matriarchal bow (instead of GMB, and with matriarchal bow i need only 45IAS) and put shako(+2skills, life mana) as helm?

thx

10. CoRRuPt-OnE

CoRRuPt-OnE IncGamers Member

if you want more damage stick with the GMb but for the flexibility and speed use the mb, its usually a player preference.

11. Virility

Virility IncGamers Member

The Lavagout for the hands are a great item. The enchant is good, but the real bonus is what it does to your AR. All the damage and speed don't mean jack unless your arrows are landing on the targets.