Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

my first bonemancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by GriswoldsLegacy, Feb 1, 2004.

1. GriswoldsLegacy

GriswoldsLegacy IncGamers Member

my first bonemancer

from the synergies, im guessing you max

20 teeth
    20 bone spear
    20 bone spirit
    20 bone prison

i heard something about a bug with marrowalks though... can someone fill me in. Gear i was thinking of using is

Hoto
    shako
    Homonuclus
    +3 PB ammy w/ second mod
    arachnid mesh
    gloves - dono... trangs?
    boots - dono...
    rings - sojs - if i can manage to get ahold of, i think i can afford 2

this look good?

2. Ezuku

Ezuku IncGamers Member

Okay, uhm, here's the deal with marrowalks. If you have ZERO as in ZERO ZILCH, ZINCO, etc, and other words begining with Z, you will, for synergy purposes, have a level 33 bone prison. Simple :). Oh, and you can't use up all the charges on marrowalk for this to work.

This has the duel effect of giving you a 13 level higher bone prison then is actually possible, and saving you 20 points to put in bone prison. Downside is that marrowalks kinda stink slightly, and the fact that you can't use bone prison, which imho is an amazing skill since it only costs 1 mana point on high levels and it has about a zillion hit points.

Oh, and just one more thing, if you're going pure bone, perhaps a white wand would be better? (for the higher level bone prison and such, and since +3 to all skills is kinda wasted when all your skills are from the same tree)

3. GriswoldsLegacy

wow... and i imagine we;re gonna have to wait till the next patch for this bug to be fixed (unless blizz releases some sort of mini patch, haha ya right!).

I dont like to abuse bugs tho. Never once used the eth bug in 09. But now i also dont wanna stink compared to all the other bonemancers out there. Maybe il use boneshade (i think its called..), has really nice bonuses to the bone spells.

a couple more questions. with the 20 pts saved because of marrows, where do they usually get spent in a cookie cutter build? and how should my stats look.

thx!

4. wc3promet

wc3promet Banned

If you have too many Points left, you can choose the following skills to use:
    1) Dim Vision
    2) Decrepify
    3) Clay Golem

5. Ezuku

Ezuku IncGamers Member

IMHO it's probably a feature. I mean, it's one hard boot to find, and the stat's aren't to good...

Also, considering that this doesn't happen with any other items, it's probably a feature...

Blizzard also hasn't responded in the "bug or feature" debate, which probably means that its a feature (since if it was a bug, they would denounce it immediatly)...

Anyway, you could use those 20 points to boost your bone armor another 200 or so points? You could also use it to max corpse explosion (which is alot of fun, as well as being tough), or you could use it to increase the level of decep and lower resist, or add a few points in revives, etc...

Actually, to be quite frank, I have no idea :p (you could tell, couldn't you :p). IMHO, the main reason for using marrowalks is that it'll improve your bone spirit//spear damage :)

6. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Too many points left? Those curses are mandatory for succes.

7. Super5

Super5 IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure it's a feature... you can get the same effect from poison creeper on the unique ring carrion wind for a druid. I'm sure there are other examples too, because many items give charges to a specific skill (can someone try this with a sorc and some of the unique excep maces?). Anyway, since it's most likely a feature, the question of whether to "exploit" it or not are moot IMO.

8. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

There is a fine line between calling sloppy code a feature and a bug. IMO giving synergy bonuses was not intended, aka a bug.

9. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I believe this applies to ALL charged items boosting skills that you have (whether invested or given by + skill items). I say this because my necro has a ring with level 4 charges of poison dagger. When i put this on my level 1 poison nova goes from 45-75 to 61-107 damage.

10. GriswoldsLegacy

maybe its just uniques with + skills that work for synergies... as oppose to magical/rare/white items. Anyone tried testing this?