Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My First 1.10+ Matriarch: TrueBlue

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by FreezBee, Jul 17, 2010.

1. FreezBee

FreezBee Diabloii.Net Member

My First 1.10+ Matriarch: TrueBlue

After not having played DII since v. 1.09 was still current, I started from scratch with v. 1.12 about a month ago, upgraded later to v. 1.13c and installed the RWM, which provided access to Spirit and Insight.

Today (well, yesterday, locally) I got my first Matriarch: TrueBlue, a Meteorb Sorceress.

[​IMG]

Compared to v. 1.09 there were, naturally, quite some differences to get familiar with, such as the guest monsters in ACT V, and the new Level 85 Areas.

As for the first, I had played a bit in the v. 1.10 beta, but decided not to upgrade to v. 1.10. I could do v. 1.09 at players 8 very well, but hrdly at /players 1 at all. For those with bad memories: it was 'players X' in 1.09, and '/players X' in 1.10+.

Of course, also starting out from scratch meant I had to go a bit easy and build up a base of items along the way. I think I managed to get five characters to Hell difficulty for the mere purpose of that, until I now have my first Matriarch.

The most difficult act in Hell difficulty was Act III -- mainly because of those ##&%!!!¤¤# Dolls. TrueBlue was more than once almost killed by their death explosions.

Act IV was surprisingly easy in comparison, but Act V had those ##&%!!!¤¤# Succubi. Not quite on par with Dolls, but annoying, when you are equipped with the Oculus and hence are randomly teleported around with little chance of aiming your Fire Balls, where they can do most good.

I didn't see many Souls in the WSK, but reports are that they should be nastier than anything. They were troublesome in Nightmare, but as said, I didn't see many of them in Hell.

The Hell Ancients were surprisingly easy. I had deliberately stalled before daring to take them on. But as TrueBlue reached Level 87, and had got tired of Pit and River of Flame runs, I decided to go for it. No nasty mods, and my Mercenary survived in fine shape. But I suppose I was just lucky, and my next attempt at a Matriarch/Patriarch may be in fore something more exciting.

A few high points:

Meph dropping a Golden Shako:

[​IMG]

TrueBlue wore a Rare Tiara with +2 To Sorceress Skills, but without other interesting mods at that time, so switching to Harlequinn Crest made quite a difference in her Max Life. I haven't socketed it with anything yet -- mostly because the temptation to socket it with a Perfect Topaz is great, though there are probably better options.

The first Mal:

[​IMG]

Note that it's in the Tower, but, being Tower Levl 3, of course, not from the Countess, but some random Devilkin.

The best I could get from the Countess was this:

[​IMG]

From the Hell Hellforge I got a Gul:

[​IMG]

I did quite a few Hell Meph runs, with full clear of Durance of Hate Level 3, which can easily pay off. For example by Bremm dropping a Vex:

[​IMG]

Now, onwards with my Level 76 Fishymancer Gravestoke.

Cheers - FreezBee

2. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod Diabloii.Net Member

Re: My First 1.10+ Matriarch: TrueBlue

Congratulations on the Mat and your finds. That Harlequin Crest will serve you well I presume. All the best with your Fishy, have fun. :)

3. FreezBee

Thank you very much!

- FreezBee

4. Vodnik

Vodnik Banned

So, from your experience with 1.10+ patches so far, what opinion do you have of them?

Do you believe they are better, or worse than 1.09?

5. xxnothing

xxnothing Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats on the success!

6. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats on the first of (hopefully) many. The Occulus is indeed one of the most annoying items in the game.

7. FreezBee

I would say that, once you have some decent items, 1.10+ is more interesting. Back in 1.09, once having reached Act V in Hell difficulty, I stayed there, whereas in 1.10 you can pick and choose from all acts.

The prize is that you need better equipment and a lot more Max Life.

- FreezBee

8. Grapeape

Grapeape Diabloii.Net Member

congrats the matriarch... i might start clearing out durance lvl 3 now... i always just tele past everything to the big cheese.

9. VoX Dei

VoX Dei Diabloii.Net Member

Grats on the Mat and nice finds :thumbsup: I'm sure more mat/pats will follow soon.

10. RobbyD

RobbyD Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats on accomplishing something I have yet to accomplish... that is moving on to 1.10+! I have to admit that I have gotten stuck in 1.09 since I never got a mat/pat back in the day. I hope to join you soon, but I have decided to try to complete a 1.09 Sept first (working on the toughest one right now, a Necro).

Do you have any advice for a fellow 1.09 veteran? I have a level 92 MeteOrb spec myself ready for some 1.10s HF collections, but after that, she will be tapped for MR duties to find some items not available in 1.09. Can you elaborate on what made you make significant adjustments in how you play the game, and what those adjustments were?

11. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats on the matriarch! May your rune drops and future characters be excellent.