Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Fire Sorcy

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by RobWild, Mar 23, 2004.

1. RobWild

RobWild IncGamers Member

My Fire Sorcy

Wanted to make a pure fire sorcy for the raw killing power and I am enjoying her immensely however I have now reached max synergies and would like a secondary skill in another tree to help me get past fire immunes faster when it is necessary to kill them. Here are my skills so far.

20 Fire bolt
    20 Fire Ball
    20 Meteor
    20 Fire mastery

1 in pre reqs and one in telekenisis and teleport for obvious reasons. My charactor is level 80. I have not done my hell Izzy quest yet and I wasted 1 extra point in warmth (put two their early on in her life dammit :rant: ).

So I figure I could get her to around ** farily easily and was curious with the remaining 8 level ups and my izzy quest where should I put my remaining ten points?

I use her mainly for magic find and don't have the most spectacular gear, here is what she is wearing.

Shako
    Skin of Vipermagi
    Lidless
    Tals weapon, belt and ammy
    "the fire gloves" (i forgot the name, plus 1 to all fire skills)
    some rare boots with plus to run walk, some resists and 25% magic find
    Got about 23% all resists in charms and maybe 20% magic find, also plus 1 to all fire skills charm

I guess the main question is if I use these points to get down to frozen orb would it be able to kill anything in hell with only a few points invested in it considering the skill boosts from my gear? Or should I just go for high level static? Or are neither of these worth my time and I should just boost warmth or enchant? I really would like to posess a way to help kill fire immunes when I face them but don't know if 10 points with my plus skills is going to help me get there. Appreciate any help u can give plz, all points in static or down to frozen orb with only a few points there seem my best bet as of now, heeeeelp :cheesy:

2. tk421

tk421 IncGamers Member

8 points in anything will have limited effect in Hell, but if anything can do dmg with fewer points, Orb is it. Static is nice, but you have no hope of finishing anything with it. Orb will chill/slow the FIs, do decent dmg to large groups, and basically help keep them busy while your merc pounds them. Not sure if this is ideal, but I would do 1 pt in Cold Mastery, rest getting to orb. Then your + skills will boost the dmg a bit, but you will never use that as a primary attack. Good luck.

3. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Orb...?

I dont think you will get anything near useful with 10 kill points if you drill down to orb. With 10 pts, you can get 4 in orb and 1 in mastery and the prereqs. With +0 skills, you would get 71-78 pts of dmg per shard. With +10 you would get 185-197, better than nothing I guess, but kinda weak.

I would suggest getting the following first. Only 1 in each is enough.

1 static

1 telekinesis - (u can use it to help your merc against fire immunes. It's not the damage that matters, but the knockback. It seems to help mercs really whack the monster).

1 teleport

1 frozen armor - it lasts a long time and it can give u a 1/4 sec if a monster hits you to help you recover/teleport away.

Another possibility is to invest down to glacial spike to use its freezing ability.

4. Toorn88

Toorn88 IncGamers Member

Orb is a powerfull second attack for a fire sorc.. well at my sorc it is.. i also have maxed fbolt/fball/meteor/fm and besided that 5 points in orb and 1 in Cm.. further 1 tele and 1 static.. I use snowclash so i get good chilling armor..

orb dam is around 3xx not bad but i have +14 all skills at least

5. RobWild

RobWild IncGamers Member

Plus 14, damn I only have plus 7 at the moment and I thought that was well enough, hehehe. Well slightly more plus to the fire skills but only plus 7 overall. Is the freeze long enough on glacial spike that if I dumped 8 points in it plus my 7 plus skills it would freeze anything in hell? Would it do any damage? How about blizzard at that low a level? Seems to me when I check the damage with a calculator I get around 4xx with blizz, but only around 150 with orb per shard. Will that kill anything in hell or pretty much be a waste of time? If spike freezes long enough that may be the way to go for me, at least my barby merc could kill fire immunes without dieing all the time....... hopefully, hehehe. Anything non-fire immune is as good as dead which is nice I was just hoping for something even mildy effective I could do to deal with the bastards that resist my flame. With 10 points maybe 1 point static 7 in glacial spike? Orb still seem appealing but I don't have plus 14 skills, think it will still kill at plus 7 skills? Thx for comments.