Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MY Fire Elemental Druid Review (level 82)

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Snarlin Stef, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

MY Fire Elemental Druid Review (level 82)

for some reason i always try some alternate build (fire druid in this case) b4 assuring myself that the "cookie cutter" (windy druid) is best and most fun.

Im not one for long drawn out stories so ill just right to the point. My fire druid maxed all the fire skill tree points (volcano last because its easily the worst in pvp... to those that disagree with me... i dont think you are in the BM pubby duels where only the strong survive)

Gear used (so you know i gave it a good shot)
    Enigma
    Perf ravenlore socketted with 5/5 fire
    storm
    aldur boot
    arach belt
    BK ring
    20 dex raven
    wiz spike (i havent made HOTO yet... i just havent gotten around to trading for vex yet)
    30 Resist maras

thats the gear i used.. its pretty nice stuffs overall... and if its not ideal then its surely good enough to be able to tell if this can be a good pvp build.... on to the spells
    ------------------------------------------------

DA SPELLS!

Geddon: right now at 8k dmg. There is no doubt in my mind that i can crank the dmg up to 12k with full inv of skillers (probably more than 13k but im trying to be conservative... each skiller would add over 500 dmg to geddon!)... this spell GETS POWERFULL.

volcano: sucks.... sorry but you arent hitting tele chars with it and palas charge at you and barbs WW at you... so they dont stand still over the volcano to get hit by everyhting. Blizzard really needs to get rid of the casting delay here.... VERY LAME SPELL for pvp EVEN IF YOU CAN NAME LOCK its still useless vs any running char!

Firestorm: i was suprised here... this spell gets pretty damn powerfull fully synergized withthe gear i mentionned it does just under 5k dmg. Ths problem is that it has a casting delay (more than tornado i think) and the flame "snakes" that you shoot out are VERY slow. you can run faster than them... that means that any char can dodge these things easily... and that is exactly what i experienced when i did this... cant hit other chars unless they are retards... this spell although although has suprising dmg is just too slow mocing to be used in pvp.

Molten Boulder: looks cool... but sucks in pvp. im sure we all know why

Fissure: not a bad spell... i assume that this is probably the druids BEST SPELL in pvm when maxed and fully synergised... i never finished maxing volcano so as a result i never saw the final dmg.. but it gets nice synergy bonus.. so i bet its up around 4-6 k with the above mentionned gear

---------------------------------------------
    Other INFO

I did not put any points into spirits because any decent dueller will kill the spirit first before attacking you... furthermore we all know about the timer delay bug... THus if you cast a spell witha TIMED delay (ie: one that does not get affected by fast cast) that delay applied to ALL spells... so you cast volcano.. then you try to switch to elemental armor... but wait you cant cast elemental armor (cylcone armor) till the volcano timer expires. Many of the fire druid spells have this delay so no chance in "quickly casting spirit"again... not a chance. sorry... IM GLAD I DINT PUT ANY POINTS IN SPIRIT AND IM SURE I AMDE THE RIGHT DECISION WITH FIRE DRUID (wind druids spirit is probably good if you have extra points.

-----------------------------------------------------

OVERALL CONCLUSION
    SUCKS!
    WHY DOES IT SUCK?
    all the fire spells have these horrid casting delays... which TOTALLY SUCK! GEDDON does A LOT of dmg.. however if it hits... its luck and thus its lame... also running away while enemies follow you in your geddon path is LAME and ******** and not cool way of fighting.

also fully synergized fire skill takes a lot of skill points.. you cant max all the fire skills till you level 94! you have no wiggle room with other skill points to invest in 1 point wonders (like oak sage or griz bear for instance)

The fire skills are just slow.... I cant think of a better word for it... they have these rediculous casting delays (blizzard has 1.8 second delay and vocano has 4 WTF!) Furthermore, even the fastest casting spell the fire druid has (fire storm) is slow... the snakes that shoot are so damn slow you cant hit any fast runnig char with half a brain.

trying to kill a fast running/teleporting char with fire skills relies on luck (ie: geddon)... trying to hit a char with other fire skills is like tring to walk after some1 on a motorcylce. IT SUCKS. DONT DO IT... DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE.

ok i go now.. im gonna follow fenris guide to wind druid pwnage!
    lata
    stef

2. Snarlin Stef

oh yah... not haveing fully synergized and maxed cylcone armor TOTALY SUCKS TOO!

that skill si damn godly when fully synergized and maxed

thnx
    stef

3. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Well, just so you know, a good wind druid would tear this build up.
    But speaking from experience, volcano is the only fire skill that ever killed me.
    And just because there are a lot of wind druids (since I wrote my guide I've been noticing a LOT on west, 1-2+ every duel game when it used to be just me basically) doesn't make it less 'cookie cutter' then a fire one..I mean we all know the build for fire pvp.

4. Jova1

Jova1 IncGamers Member

Totally agree, fire skills are not the best.

Casting delay, hard to use and only one type of damage, fire.

Windy has cold and physical damage, plus the cyclone armor.

But there must be someone that has had success with a fire druid.

Cheers :drink:

5. Frezzist

Frezzist IncGamers Member

I must be the only one to have a FIRE druid in hell difficulty then. One in a million. Level 86 Hardcore ladder.

Basic fire druid rules I've learned:

Rule one: fire druids are not sorcs. Stealth is key. Actually, I don't use sorcs myself but most sorcs I've seen are trigger happy.
    Rule two: fire immunes fall to my volcano, am I missing something?
    Rule three: armageddon is not random. I recommend practice with hell Bloodraven until you get the timing for each rock. Or maybe I'm just lucky.
    Rule four: fissure is good for fast packs but I prefer a volc/arma combo.
    Rule five: why use firestorm? That just makes you a target.
    Rule six: Fire druids have a definate advantage in range; use it.

Of course, this is more important for hardcore pvm than anything else.

Sorry if I seem a little annoyed with this topic, but I've been making volc druids since 1.09 and the most important thing they require is skill, not items.
    But still, I wish I had a ravenlore.

6. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I actually believe fire > wind believe it or not they have an array of attacks and if a good tele'er the wind druid wouldnt get the chance to really hit him w/ tornado and we all know hurricane only does damage vs. poor duelers in pvp.

My friend has one and he does up to 1k physical damage on volcano which is pretty good and will do a lot of damage with its randomness and since it would be potentially easier to just tele around and throw up volcano and tele some more than it would be to tele next to someone and hit them w/ tornado i say fire > wind. This is of course assuming the fire use's enigma and rarely stops teleing thus giving the wind little or no chance to get next to him.

and if gm dueling .... no way a windy could beat a fire druid ... bm possible but gm .... wind druids skills req. you to be to close.

this is just my opinion .... there are many things that can beat a wind druid if played right. Fire druids are just overlooked b/c they lack MASS physical damage that wind druids have and they lack elemental absorbtion. I was actually thinking of making a fire druid for the sole purpose of killing wind druids, and i still might do this :idea: .

7. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

GL with that.
    I'm sure you will be able to kill a lot of newb wind druids (which it seems my guide has produced, sorry everyone, guess it's like that with all guides), but not a good one.
    And anything that can beat you (ie tele) is very easy to call bm.

8. Snarlin Stef

hehe.... after all i said... and with all my gear i tried... people still insist on trying fire druids... lol... good luck... fire druids cant hit any char thats TELE... or running... (unless they are retarged and walk in your geddon path...

sure dont take my advice.... hehe... and if you HC a fire druid then you pvm him... pvm is MUCH different than pvp. My fire druid was fine in pvm ... in pvp in the land of royal rumbles and BMs... my druid sucked. Wind druid is the most powerfull PVP build hands down.

i tried and dint work for crap... and i had some nice gear to throw around.

i HIGHLY recomend that you do not make a fire druid for PVP... in fact you think volcano is SO great... pfff... i dont care if you can name lock with it... its not FOH that instantly hits its target... by the time volcano emerges from the ground and starts randomly shooting balls of flame... the runner is LONG GONE fromthe danger zone... volcano cant hit ANY moving target for crap.

go ahead and dont beleive my review and try it.
    thnx
    stef

9. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

'I'm sure you will be able to kill a lot of newb wind druids (which it seems my guide has produced, sorry everyone, guess it's like that with all guides), but not a good one.'

like patting yourself on you back dont you ? Lord knows that there werent any wind druids before your guide ... oh wait a minute there were thousands ....

10. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Kind of like, pulling a flame out of nowhere?
    There was 1, yes ONE, other pvp wind druid on west ladder (Hurriccane) before I made mine. And I would know, I dueled A LOT.
    Now, after I wrote my guide, I see 1-2, sometimes more in nearly every duel game.
    Coincidence?
    Think what you want.

11. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

ahhhhh b/c we all play on west.

edit: btw it wasn't a flame ... it was an observation.

12. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

What is your problem with me?
    I'm simply saying it seems like my guide popularized pvp wind druids.
    Of course it didn't INVENT them, I would never claim that, there were wind druids in 09.

13. Snarlin Stef

how do you keep up with all these flame posts? you are flaming the same guys on like 6 different posts!

nice work ;)
    stef

14. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I dont think mine was a flame it was an observation.

Also believe what you want im happy for you if you think you did that ... congratulations ... I am not flaming and i am trying to regain order in this dag gone forum that seems to went to hell.

gj.

15. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Congratulations on not being able to spell.
    Anyway.
    18 SoJ messages and no clone >.<! beginning to bug me.
    Edit: 19.
    30 :(

16. GlennDanzig220

GlennDanzig220 IncGamers Member

Sorry, didn't see this was over a week old......

17. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

There were tons of wind druids before your guide. TONS. I've seen less on nl since your guide came out actually.

18. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I'm talking pvp, yes there were a decent amount of wind druids pvm, but before that there were only 2-3 pvp ones, now there are several every game. BTW mep that's an old post, are you just looking for arguements since you got vic to leave?

19. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

behhhh you're full of it

20. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

1 other good one, I had seen one using mang songs but I think he changed to fire.