Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My faith in people has been restored...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Super5, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Super5

Super5 IncGamers Member

My faith in people has been restored...

I just had an experience online that makes me think there are still some really decent people out there.

So I'm playing along in HCLW (normal, act 2), I have the staff and I make a game called act 2 dury. You know, standard "let's all party and put the beatdown on duriel" type of game that happens all the time. Some guy comes in the game and asks if we need help. I say sure, so he comes back with a mid-level barb and tanks for us with duriel. After duriel is dead, he notices that I'm playing a javazon. He asks if I'm going to stick with javelins, and I reply in the affirmative. He then says he has some stuff for me and invites me to a private game.

In this game, he drops an unid titans (!) and a pair of sweet +2 jav skills leech gloves on the ground. He says they're free. I don't think this is really fair, so I offer to give him a good +damage, +ar, +life GC for his trouble... and he refuses it! I can't believe this, so I ask why he's giving his stuff away. He replies with something I never really thought of - "Well, I find all this stuff for characters that I'm not playing, and I can't use it. So I might as well give it away." (I paraphrased of course, but that was the jist of his reason) This guy was awesome and I'm just glad there are people like him playing on B.net. So take heart, there are really kind and decent people out there!

2. Xecras

Xecras IncGamers Member

Same thing happened to me last night. My Barb was playing with Druid, upon arriving to A2 NM, I asked to see his equipment.

Tradescreen pops up, he places Duriel's Shell, Goblin Toe, and Steel Skull. I say "Awesome" (his items were light years ahead of mine in terms of value). He then says "Take". I was stunned, I thought this would be some kind of scam that wipes out my inventory or... something. He gives me all of the items. I was gasping, at the mere sight of such items in my inventory. He then drops IK maul and some unique axe....

I thanked him a million times. He asked for nothing in return. If he's reading this (I know he's not, but bleh) THANK YOU!!! SO MUCH!! :wave:

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I do these "give you lots of items and advice to setup a char" giveaways at least once a month to nice people i meet. Of course karma doesn't seem to be in my favor as i never get any kindness in return besides the once in a full moon chance of a trade that doesn't rip me off or a decent rune drop once in a while.

4. Space Ninja

Space Ninja IncGamers Member

I sometimes give nice items away, to those I feel are in need. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.....

I had an incident last year when I was in a cow game with my assassin and I died and my body popped, for NO reason. Those that saw it happen said right when I died all my stuff jumped out and everyone dived in grabbing what they could. One barb suddenly just left the game and everyone else remained. When I got my body back the only thing left on it was Nats claw. I lost my Nats armor, boots, helm, Hellmouths, ravenfrost and Dwarfstar. Those others that were able to grab gave me back my ammy,bartucs, and Langer. Then one of folks called me into a priv game and gave me nats boots and helm for free! I was so thankful!! I offered them some things in return, but they declined. Ever since Ive always tried to be more helpful to others.

5. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

me and a couple friends i have online usually giv each other stuff we find that we dont need...and that the other might be able to use on one of their chars...it keeps it fun and i am glad i have met these people..got a pul rune from the one guy free when i was helpin him mule and asked if he would trade it to me(needed to up eth spire)

6. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

Of course there are nice people out there...I bet most of the ppl here in this forum are "nice"

However, we only make up a small % of Bnetters. I bet if you do a randomized, double blinded statistical study, you will find that the majority of ppl on Bnet are "not nice"

Hmmm. wouldn't that make an interesting statistical study... Pretend to drop an item accidentily in a busy baal run, and record the times that it gets returned... LOL