Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Failed DC Attempt Story (first meeting)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by skihard, Jan 28, 2004.

1. skihard

skihard Banned

My Failed DC Attempt Story (first meeting)

I learn many things from my 1st DC experience last night. The one that stands out most is that it was a complete failure.

I popped into a game last night and before I could make it to the pits the SOJ counter popped up. Not wanting to have DC spawn with a boss back in the pits, I decided to just clear the area in Outer Cloister and leave my paladin just hanging out casting a spell over and over to insure the game would stay active.

While waiting for DC I jumped on my second computer and started playing one of my other guys. After about 30-40 minutes of check computer 1 I get the message I’ve never seen before first hand “Diablo walks the Earthâ€. I’m instantly nervous and excited, I go to town real quick and put on my non MF gear and head out to act 5 thinking Eldritch just in case I can’t get him I can lead to Shenk.

Before I get there however a Necro joins my game….Lesson 1 has just been learned…...MAKE PASSWORD GAME. He asks where DC is and I tell him I haven’t spawn yet that I just got the message and I’m getting equipment on. His reply was that I was lying and that he’ll check, well as it turns out Rasalfig (don’t know how to spell his name, the guy that guards Stony to Tristram) was right next to the Stony WP and the Necro spawns him.

I head off to help after the Necro says “srry, can you help†figure first time DC is in my game I’m at least going to try him 50/50 I get the charm.

As it turns out DC is just a bit 2 powerful to handle by my self, the Necro kept leaving to make skeletons that lasted about 30 seconds. This left me to do DC mostly buy myself, no problem I have PMH, CB, OW, plus Creasant Moon phase blade (I love this weapon on my Shockadin buy the way) I also had Raven ring for cold……lesson 2 was learned….Diablo uses a Cold slap in the face in Chaos, but DC didn’t use the Cold Slap once. He instead used a lot of Lightning, child’s play when wearing upgraded Blackhorns and when you’re a Shockadin. He also used a lot of fire…..lesson 3 was learned……put on Nokzan Relic Ammy or Dwarf Star ring.

Well, we (I) ended up getting DC down to a sliver after 35 minutes or so then a LVL 92 Sorc joins and hostiles me, then a LVL 90 Barb joins and Hostiles me and parties with the Sorc, then I come to the forums and cry for help (sorry about that) then a LVL 94 Paladin joins and Hostiles me and parties with the Sorc and barb. Not 2 minutes later they find us kill me, kill the Necro and tell us to leave……Lesson 1 really learned……MAKE A PASSWORD GAME…..as it turns out they invite me after I WINE like a little girl, that I was in the game for 2 hours, that it was my first time and my game that they should at least give me a chance at the charm.

Well to make a long story short (to late) the sorc get the charm says this isn’t as good as my other 4 but still something to trade with, the Barb and Paladin say they that the ones they have are better also after the Sorc gives it’s stats. So in the end the Sorc, Barb, and Pali were working together and have a collection of Charms and I still have none.

2. StarMage

StarMage IncGamers Member

I'm sorry to hear that. :( Here are some suggestions for each lesson learned (if you don't mind)

Lesson 1 - Just like what I did in a public game with people waiting for DClone as the SoJ counter kept moving, as soon as he walked the earth, I hit the Inner Cloister WP and ran as fast as I could to the Catherdral (just a few seconds up) and spawned him there. I went back to town and idled. After about 25 minutes of fruitless searching, everyone eventually left and I had dclone for myself. No one expected him to be at the cathedral. If it's a public game, it would be a good idea to spawn him at a discreet location.

Edit: If you really want a charm bad, and if you play on USEast ladder, PM me. I have an extra anni to spare ;)

3. skihard

skihard Banned

Thank you very much for the offer, but at this point in time I really want to get it myself. I also like the Inner idea, I'll keep that in mind in the future.

4. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

That's indeed a very good idea because 99% of bnet has had their character rushed through act 1 Hell and has most likely only 3 waypoints: Stony Field, Dark Wood and Catacombs 2. It takes a damn long time from any of those 3 WPs to get to the Inner Cloister.

EDIT: And even if they're pitrunners, they still will only have Outer Cloister WP, which still is pretty far away from the Inner Cloister. Although with a fast and/or Enigma Hammerdin or Teleporting Sorceress anything is possible.

5. Voldemort

Voldemort IncGamers Member

too bad you don't use a hammerdin I have killed him 3 times without ever dying. Make sure you use a weapon that prevents monster heal That really helps also

6. Slayer193

Slayer193 IncGamers Member

Ouch dude. Well hopefully this has prepared you for a future successful run. You should get like a friend or two to help you that already has annilhus since you cant carry more than one charm.

7. Insight

Insight IncGamers Member

I totally agree with this... after several failed attempts w a sorc on ladder, made myself a hammerdin; got lucky and got a guardian angel and stuck 4 diamonds in a high res pally shield yadayada got to 90 res all in hell and totally own the clone. However it sounds like you were well on your way to beating him, and just got screwed by your average b-netter. Sorry man. Lesson 1: password always is way too true. You can always try to IP hop now with the Irc channel and 'netstat -n' command and I dun think it would count as bad karma.

8. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

My Stormlash Zealot has no trouble - Suggestivename and I took one out hella fast last night.

9. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Too true. I'm the exception. All my characters have every waypoint in the game except for Nihlathak's temple. (I occasionally run off to play in a different area once in a while!)

10. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

or own him with 14k-14k blessed hammer in 20 seconds. :)

11. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Hella fast like what, it was a decent anni too, 1/17/18/7 iirc.

Also we learned that somehow my necro's clay golem can tank DC...go figure.

12. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

I've had DC pop in pubby games before and have given a LOT of thought to spawning him at discreet locations.

A word of warning though.. don't do him in the Icy Cellar. I rolled Moon Lords, Blood Lords, Gloams AND Claw Vipers - and a dclone in place of Snapchip Shatter. I still got the charm, but it was much harder.

Some very out of the way places that very few people bother to go to:

Jail Level 1 (Act 1) - Pitspawn Fouldog (or is he on JL2?)
    The False Tombs (Act 2) - Ancient Kaa The Soulless - Hard to lock down
    Kurast Bazaar -> The Ruined Temple (Act 3) - Sarina The Battlemaid (nobody will /ever/ find you)
    Arreat Plateau (Act 5) - Thresh Socket (go backwards from Crystalline WP, he's right outside)
    The Drifter Cavern (Act 5) - Bonesaw Breaker (or is he at Glacial Trail?)

etc.

Just think about all the superuniques you never, ever go to, and go there :)

13. Rick-Nasty

Rick-Nasty IncGamers Member

what causes him to spawn?? is it like after you kill the next superunqiue monster after you see the message?

14. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Just walk into an area with a super-unique that you haven't been to yet that game. (This is of course after you see Diablo walks the earth message.)

15. GIR

GIR Banned

That's a bummer. I've heard something about this before, but how do people know know what game to go into when he spawns?

16. skihard

skihard Banned

I don't know, the game name gave no clue as to my intentions to wait for him, and when you get right down to it, if there is a way to find out a game he's in, the last thing I would do is post how or there will teams all over going in and taking charms.

17. LORDKLE

LORDKLE IncGamers Member

Well i got a same story liek your but is a little different i was making the baal run then "diablo walks in the earth" i say omg that is my first time ever. I went to the eldrich and diablo is there. It took me like 20 min to kill him with the others but you know what happen?. I am really good picking up items in public game, so when D is dead i went there and couldn't pick it up because i have a gheed Gc in my inventory and the game was full. No one couldn't pick it up. One moment later one person leave and another came really quick and took the charm. Lesson 4 dont use any gheeds or anilah while doing baal runs. I was so mad at my self, i been playing east ladder for like 3 month and i only got to see Bing D once.

18. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

I would have tossed out Gheeds - Annihilus is SO much better.

I myself dont have to worry about that, i play nl (non-ladder) :p

19. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

WTF?!?! You couldn't pick up the annihilus because you had a Gheed's Grand Charm in your inventory, and the game was full... Then no one couldn't pick it up... Lesson 4?!?!?!?! Where the hell were lessons 1, 2, and 3????? That is the singular most incoherent screwed up post in the history of posting. You should be ashamed of yourself... or proud, whatever.

You receive an official Usufruct's "You Not Have Way" award, the first one of its kind.

20. skihard

skihard Banned

I believe lesson 1, 2, & 3 were in my post and he was adding his as a 4th. I don't have a gheeds either so it doesn't apply to me. I don't understand why he couldn't pick it up though as Arreat says you can only have one of each, not one or the other