Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My English Teacher

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by masterazn, Mar 28, 2005.

1. masterazn

masterazn Banned

My English Teacher

So in English class this year, we've been reading quite a few books. However, as many of my classmates have brought up to me, it seems like my english teacher (male) is a bit perverted. At first, when I was told of this, I didn't think so. But come to think of it, there are quite a few things that are noticeable.

First of all, we read "Blood Wedding" by Lorca, which is a play. And during discussions he kept emphasizing that the horse is sexual strength, and the blood is the blood of a virgin and the water symbolizes fertility and that the whole play is based on this idea of sex, to which I strongly disagree. Furthermore, we read another play by Samuel Beckett called "Waiting For Godot" in which he explaind to us why you can get an erection when you hang yourself. We read "The Great Gatsby" in which he said the color green is a symbol for Daisy and also for...guess what? SEX OF COURSE! We read a few poems by Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath in which he said the blooming flowers were symbols of fertility and the love birds meant....SEX! And finally, now, we're reading "Chronical of a Death Foretold" in which, as far as I've read (page 11), one of the characters says: "he grabbed my whole pussy".

And as I know, the teacher gets to choose which book we study in class...so is this just a coincidence or is he really perverted?

2. Lord_Shinnok

Lord_Shinnok IncGamers Member

The teacher is trying to be subtly but basically if you sleep with them you get an A. Think of it as bringing the word of reading into your life through practical applications.

3. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

I say hes a perv. You could find out the easy(hard) way though. "whoops, was that my pencil that i just dropped, excuse me while i pick that up".

OR you could just leave it alone and be thankfull that atleast hes not that kind of pervert teacher that stares at the female members in class. Atleast i hopes hes not, my old english teacher(9th grade) was this guy.

4. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

I don't know, a bunch of the references he made are firmly based, but I can't say I've ever heard about erections from hanging. I suppose it's possible, but it seems unlikely, phisiologically.

5. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

I always thought the green light in Gatsby was a symbol of hope, not sex.

6. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I thought everything in the Great Gatsby was a symbol for book burning

7. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead IncGamers Member

My friends had an english teacher during senior year of high school. He kept hitting on one of them, rubbing up on him, and always acted *** and made perverted jokes centered around guys.

Anyways, this was for an AP class and he was the only teacher teaching it, so my friend got an A and never complained about it. Everyone knew about it though, but no one brought it up to his supervisor.

8. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Do a search for "death erection." The concept comes up in Hannibal, too, if you're a Thomas Harris fan.

Masterazn: The reason your teacher chose so much sexually-themed literature is that like 90% of all literature involves sex. Get used to it. :D

9. masterazn

masterazn Banned

I stare at a girl in my class....does that make me a pervert?

By the way, the color green in the Great Gatsby is not hope, it's Daisy, the woman he wants and "therefore it symbolizes sex" (my english teacher).

Tom Clancy books don't have sex (in them) :eek:

10. Damnatorius

Damnatorius IncGamers Member

they're not literature I think

at least here in the netherlands we make a difference between literature and ehm the stuff that IS enjoying to read.
    literature is only about sex

11. masterazn

masterazn Banned

Thus, if sex is enjoyable, and the stuff that is enjoyable is not literature but literature is sex then.....i'm lost.

12. Damnatorius

Damnatorius IncGamers Member

well ok, the literature is 5% sex and 95% bull****

so the only interesting part is the sex, that's why I think of literature as about sex, but not interesting. If Iwant to read abuot sex, I'll google for some sexstories :p

13. masterazn

masterazn Banned

That's not sex, it's smut. You are a sick-minded, twisted boy, my friend.

14. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

we were doing romeo and juliet in class last semester, and we watched a movie with nude scenes. i think the teacher fell asleep or something, and was awakened by the "is it really that big?"'s

:rolleyes:

15. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr IncGamers Member

Final edit: Apparently, some were offended by my post. I will remove it for those so offended. It was written in a context where there was already conversation about sex in literature, not to mention discussion about physiological sexual response. I do understand that I took it a step farther, and I did not think about children who might be reading it. I apologize for that. I do, however, defend ones right to speak his mind, less it be deemed obscene. Offense is purely subjective. That said, I don't like alienating, so for all of you, consider this an act of apology.

16. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

I don't care if you're quoting things from books, you'd all best watch your language in here. There are some young folks in this forum who don't need to read that filth, and I myself find it offensive.

17. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I think I've talked about sex in almost all my literature classes since I started high school. It's interesting to see how different authors depict it. We talked a lot about sex in my African-American and African Studies literature class, in books like Their Eyes Were Watching God and Native Son. Authors are always exploring the depths of their characters, and often sex is something most people just don't talk about openly.

18. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

Not true. Some of it is about death. The rest is about sex.

Is this a college or a highschool English class?

19. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

my 9th grade english teacher somehow always managed to relate some of our reading to sex.. she always somehow connected back to parts in the Bible and Greek plays and stuff.. kinda weird but not perverted..

20. Steel_Avatar

Steel_Avatar IncGamers Member

Sum of All Fears

The reason they don't have much sex is because he's so bad at writing it.