Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

my encounter with a scammer (lol)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Big Mog, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Big Mog

Big Mog IncGamers Member

my encounter with a scammer (lol)

time for another scammer! the story goes like this:

browsing games with my IK barb, looking for something interesting, I see a game: un-id IK arm here. Mostly out of boredom, I enter. Some pally comes to town, (mind you i'm wearing full IK with the aura flashing) and we trade. i say 'ik armour'? he puts up an un-id ornate plate.

me: thats gris, not Ik
    him: no, its IK
    m: i think i'd know mate, i'm wearing one
    h: no, its IK seriously
    *put my IK armour up
    m: see? sacred armour, not ornate plate
    h: theres 2 types
    m: really? (playing along)
    h: yeh, mines better tho wanna swap?
    m: sure, one thing first
    h: what?
    m: have much fun trying to scam pixels?
    m: get a life you sad, sad scammer
    h: *spam random abuse about mother.

The worst thing was him still trying to scam me after i SHOWED him a proper IK body.

2. MoonUnit

MoonUnit IncGamers Member

I hate that kind of crap, prolly why I don't trade or rush. How low does someone need to go to scam ppl over PIXELS =/

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Wow, they just aren't even trying anymore.... no elaborate planning or anything these days :uhhuh:

4. ImMaClone

ImMaClone IncGamers Member

Hmm...what an ironic coincidence. I am playing with a scammer right now at the moment. He created a room asking for free stuff because "the ladder is ending in four days." Apparently he "got an email from Blizzard." I told him to wait for me as I am confirming his claim with my friend. And if what he said is to be true, I will give him my stuff. Let's just say he's been in the room for the past 10 mins waiting (and STILL waiting) for me to drop stuff. The funny part is that I let everyone else (who came in later) in on the plot. People are spamming dumb### with an arrow pointing him more than one occasion. Yet, he has no idea. I must say though, this scammer has the endurance. :thumbsup:

Edit:
    He gave up 43 mins later. That's 1 hour and 3 mins.
    In case some of you are wondering, I was watching chatting with a friend up the whole time.

5. SiccVolta

SiccVolta IncGamers Member

well i had an encounter with two scammers and i actually fell for it.. yeah im stupid

first:
    some guy was in this room and he needed rends, he saw my rends and made a private game, after saying he didnt want em he asked if i wanted to play godly drop game, and he said he would give back, so i droped rends he picked em up and gave em back, and he asked me to switch to my best char, i started to trust him, then he said to add him and we could be best friends , so yeah i add. so i drop my nigma that i had just gotten and it was my first also and never got to use, he picked up, and said if u wanna trust me he told me to drop my 6os eth cb, but i was saying how i ddint trust him and to give my nigma back, and i wanted it back so i dropped cb and he took it and left =(

second:
    lookin for a cheap nigma cause i jus tlost one, and some guy pmed me with an offer for 2ist, i said yeah, so we made game, he did that whole switcharoo trick, and yet again i fell for it.. if eel so stupid..

6. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Well, sorry for your loss (although it is your own fault) but I hope you learned a valuable lesson. Never trust anyone you just met on BattleNet. Even stay cautious among people you've known for a longer time.

7. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

For Real. :p

8. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Same kind of pityful scammer tried to get me, I have a screenshot somewhere, and it's soooo funny :

I enter the game with my main char, he shows me his offer in the trade window. So I say : "OK, suits me well, I'm joining with my rune mule, just stay here". And I join the game with my rune mule using my 2nd CD key. The guy talks to my mule, I put my runes in the trade window and he puts his item, nothing wrong until then.

Now, he begins to move his item like crazy, so I think to myself : "Ah damn, another scammer...". And indeed, the good ol' switch thingie happens. After joking and laughing at him a bit, I quit the trade window, switch to my main char again, and go MFing in the pit. Strange thing, the guy don't quit the game. "Strange", I think, "but at least I'll benefit from his presence here" (more ppl in the game => less zero-drop probability).
    After 2 minutes, the guy tells me "come to town" and I say "why ?". He answers something like "you still want to trade ?"... *BoOm* (<-- Frosty falling from his chair). I had the patience to explain him "Hmm... I'm the guy you tried to scam just 2 minutes ago..."... This alien never heard about 2nd CD keys apparently :lol: ! Really funny !

9. skilledlord

probably had to be there to appreciate it more.

10. Angel_Dusted

Angel_Dusted IncGamers Member

Continuing on this thread of misfortune...

Annihilus Scamming.

Yep, I had just found one off of Uber Diablo, my second ever, and decided that, since the stats were good, I could trade it to get a Vex and Zod rune for my EBotD Great Poleaxe (never had one before).

We have an amazingly long series of discussions and a few heart to hearts about how we both are worried about losing our items :lol: So me, being the idiot I am, drop the Anni, hoping against hope he wouldn't just leave.

He didn't, instead he says that the Anni doesn't have the stats I said it did (TECHNICALLY he is right...it's 2 off on res but I had described the one on my Hammerdin anyway) so I go and get my Pally, come back, drop my Anni, he drops my old one, and says something to extent that "Ah, that's the right one." And leaves. Squelch.

I was so sullen about the whole experience that I decided to take a long hiatus from DII. Next day I'm back on I do cows. About 5 seconds in a Cryptic Axe drops. Etheral. 4 Socketed :p

11. Dawnmaster

@Frosty: *Boom* :clap: :clap:
    @Angel_Dusted: Talk about a scammer with balls...

12. kitehellion

kitehellion IncGamers Member

I'm sorry. I just had to ask, Dawnmaster...WTF is up with your avatar? He looks like he's on crack and coffee grounds. BTW, everybody. I recommend to join EVER SINGLE GAME that contains the word Dupe. Trust me. These SOBS get so desperate that it can be so sad its funny. Well...just funny, actually. But still.

13. bipolar

bipolar IncGamers Member

It is? :scratch:

14. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

I don't understand why people even drop their items. They're asking to be scammed. Trust no one.

-Gix

15. skilledlord

seriously dawn master, looks like something went wrong with the painting, something on his forehead. I join those games sometimes but they are usually too stupid to amuse me.

16. Dawnmaster

That is actually a normal picture of my, run through a manga cartoon morpher. You can do it here easily (the site is not competitive to this one)
    http://www.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~morph/Transformer/
    You simply upload a picture of yours, and then you can morph yourself as a man, a woman, a black person, a chinese person, a monkey, a baby, an old person, a painting, a cartoon, etc... :thumbsup:

Ps: for those of your who are wondering what the original picture was:
    http://img291.echo.cx/img291/8716/fotoikke10zg.jpg