Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Donation Method

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SuggestiveName, Jan 28, 2004.

1. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

My Donation Method

DISCLAIMER: Borderline advertising here, I hope it's ok, and it's for the good of the site...

I am a member of a survey site called pineconeresearch.com which pays $5 US for every survey I take. They typically send about one survey every month, and they take 10 minutes or so to finish.

Now I saw this as a perfect opportunity to donate with out hurting my already meager college-student funds. So for every $5 check I get, I paypal $5. Easy.

I'm sure there are many similar sites out there like this, and minimal effort of signing up and taking a few surveys could lead to increases in donations without financial burden on the student/unemployed/stingy forum members. Of course this doesn't much help those who can't use paypal, but I think it is a great option for those who can.

Sorry if I crossed the advertising line, I'm just trying to help.

EDIT: I've just been informed that pinecone does not appear to be accepting new members, but there must be bunches of similar sites out there...

2. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

Nah, I don't see that as advertising (though I obviously don't speak for the admins), but my suspicion is that you're just fine.

I think it's a great idea and to be honest, we can use all of the suggestions that we can. The more, the merrier.

3. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

But does that site take your information and sell it to junkmail factories and telemarketing armies?

4. SuggestiveName

I have never recieved a spam email or unsolicited phone call from them or even on the email/phone number I signed up with. (Actually I don't even remember if phone number was asked at sign up.)

5. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

Me like SN's idea. Me want into it. Me like this site. Me broke as a dropped egg.

[coherence] How does payment get sent to you? Can you arrange to have the payment sent here without going through Paypal?[/coherence]

6. SuggestiveName

Me sent payment by check. Me think that is only way. Me also point out that this site not taking new members now.

Me go find sites that are taking members.

7. SuggestiveName

8. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

This seems liek a very good idea. I'm about to sign up for the site: http://gozingsurveys.com/survey_site/index.asp but having never used PayPal, I would like to know a few things...

First of all, does this site put the money into a PayPal account that I have to make? If so, to make a PayPal account, do I need to input my bank account/credit card number?

And then once it puts the money in the account, can I just "Transfer" it over to the Dii.net account? Thanks in advance.