My date

Hatsepsut

Banned
I think it says something about the quality of the date when the most memorable part is the food....but that could just be me being jealous. <grins>

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I think it says something about the quality of the date when the most memorable part is the food....but that could just be me being jealous. <grins>
Or maybe it's just the only part of it that's fit for public conversation.

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
My dear, if you were my date....

*Begins daydreaming*...errrr...where was I?

Oh yeah, If you were my date, would you want me to come on here and share intimate details?

skihard

Banned
My dear, if you were my date....

*Begins daydreaming*...errrr...where was I?

Oh yeah, If you were my date, would you want me to come on here and share intimate details?
If she was your date I think most everyone on here would figure out a way to Austin to smack the crap out of you if you didn't. Well except for those that have a wife who flirts and would make them bring her along.

jimmyboy

Diabloii.Net Member
I went on a date this evening. I took the lady to a resteraunt named 'Eddie V's' where I swear we had the best meal I have ever had the pleasure of eating. I'm kinda picky about my food so I'm not shy about complaining when something isn't quite right.

We started with lobster bisque and their signature crab cake appetizers that, I swear, was some of the best crab I have ever eaten. the bisque was soooo creamy and the crab cake, well, I think I hurt myself eating it. I chose the swordfish and she had the parmasian crusted sole. Again, all I can say is they were both supurb. but I have to save the best for last.

We shared a godiva chocolate cake with some kind of pudding center. My eyes watered and my toes wiggled when I ate that.

Anyway, I can honestly say that this was the best $160 I have ever invested.

I think my date gained 20 pounds tonight.
Last time I took a date to a restaurant this good, she complained that my inattentive shows that I was thinking of other women. I didn't the heart to tell her that it was the food.

But I made it up to her by placing the creme-brule desert between her and I. She said something about my love sick bed-room eyes melting... something and... something...

Did you at least remembered to look up and nod even though the chewing prevented you from hearing her conversation?

TonoTheHero

Diabloii.Net Member
I really want some tasty food right now:sad2:

I'll probably try at place I haven't been to, tommorrow. No date unfortunately. Maybe I should just ask a girl on random on the way over there:tongue:

Stoutwood

Diabloii.Net Member
I think one of my most common criticisms is that I eat too fast on dates.

Oh yeah, and lobster bisque is great.

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
When we were on our honeymoon, we had our last meal of the week at the resort's five star restaurant. Dropped $180 on the meal...and it was worth every penny. I had the lobster, she had the chicken parmesan a la Mexico. And they made the best Manhattan a guy could ask for...oh, and the wine was quite exquisite.
Freet, I'd have taken her to dinner at a place like that too. I'm sad that we don't have a classy joint like that around here.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
The best meal we had on our honeymoon wasn't the ones we had at any of the fancy restaurants, but at this weird little "gourmet pizza" place. They put all kinds of weird stuff on a pizza, we got the one that seemed the least insane, chicken tandoori pizza. It was awesome, and only like $7 for something that filled both of us to the brim.