My date

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
Folks,

This thread, despite the title, is not about my date, but about the dinner I had while on it. Contrary to popular belief, I'm pretty good at this stuff so I do get to go on dates. I'm not one to kiss and tell though so don't bother asking. This thread is about the amazing dinner I was fortunate enough to enjoy.

Mecal

Diabloii.Net Member
Folks,

This thread, despite the title, is not about my date, but about the dinner I had while on it. Contrary to popular belief, I'm pretty good at this stuff so I do get to go on dates. I'm not one to kiss and tell though so don't bother asking. This thread is about the amazing dinner I was fortunate enough to enjoy.

Well, now that you've cleard that up, lets hear about the date...

kobold

Banned
Ah your talk of a best meal makes me think of Thailand. Just 81 days till I go back. There is a Chinese place on Silom Rd that sells the best Peking Duck I've ever had. And at 12 dollars it is the best deal on the planet. It's about the only place that can draw me away from eating Thai everyday.
What do you do Yoss?

I'd love to try out some food in India and Thailand. Unlikely I'll ever get there. :cry:

Freet, glad you enjoyed, even though it was seafood. A good meal with a lady... I need to ask my wife out on a date.

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
Folks,

A true gentleman then! : happy: I'm glad to hear you had a nice date, and while the food you had doesn't sound like anything I'd take as my first choice, it does sound good. (and like lots of it too!).

Finding a good restaurant is always quite something. I often go to other cities in my country (shopping or meeting up) and it's always a challenge to find a nice place with good food that doesn't charge you too bloody much for not much at all.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Does "breaded" mean "crumbed"?
Pretty much. Fish sticks, type stuff. Yeah, I know, I'm really sophisticated, aren't I? Bachelor food is wonderful - toss it in the oven, eat twenty minutes later.

@Freet : Good to hear that you're a gentleman! I've had some issues with retaining my own gentlemanship status... mainly because my current interest decided to break me of that habit. I guess I've been downgraded to simply respectful.... maybe...

I will say it again, though - that dinner sounds freaking AWESOME!

Yossarian

Diabloii.Net Member
What do you do Yoss?

I'd love to try out some food in India and Thailand. Unlikely I'll ever get there. :cry:

Freet, glad you enjoyed, even though it was seafood. A good meal with a lady... I need to ask my wife out on a date.
I'm a Professor (lots of time off) and also do consulting work (really good money). Thai food is the best food I've ever had hands down. Italian used to be my number 1 but it's not even close once you've been to Thailand. Indian is really good although I've found it gives me the most difficulty, in well you know. So much liquid food I guess :shocked: But for a single best food I've ever had it's Peking Duck. Duck skin with Hossein sauce on that little pancake is heaven on earth.

Freet is 100% right though, it's all about the food. Well not all, but that's the part to talk about.

Dutchman

Diabloii.Net Member
But for a single best food I've ever had it's Peking Duck. Duck skin with Hossein sauce on that little pancake is heaven on earth.
Don't forget the little sprig of green onion that goes in there. The second course with the meat wrapped in the lettuce leaf might be second after the first course. :)

Dutch