Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

my D3 changes wishlist

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Fizoo, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

I think they've done a great job improving the game since release. I've gotten to level 70 myself in season 1. Here is what I would like to see to make it better.

1. Seasons should have difficult-to-obtain exclusive content.

Currently, the only season exclusive is the transmog, but that is very easy to obtain, only requiring a player to hit level 70. I think there should be more difficult season-only items such that only a fraction of the playbase will wind up getting.

I have been playing WoW for the past few months, and they did a 10th Anniversary event. There was a special raid where, if you completed it, the last boss had a small 2% chance to drop a special permanent item that could be used on any weapon that character had to make it burn with fire. I liked that concept a lot. It wasn't game-breaking in any way, but it was very cool to try to get and it gave you a reason to run it to try to get the item. Once the 10th anniversary event ended, the item was no longer obtainable.

Something like that I think would be great for D3 seasons. There should be something difficult to obtain that is exclusive to that season.

I felt motivated to get to level 70 in season 1 for the transmog, but after that I lost interest in playing.

2. a verbose friends list

Way way back when D3 was in beta, I suggested that one of the ways to make the game more social would be to add an observer mode and split screen / picture in picture features. The Diablo franchise involves a lot of solo play where you aren't teaming up to kill things most of the time, so a great way to fix that would be to allow for people to watch you play in an observer mode, like what Starcraft I had. Another idea would be split screen / picture in picture so that you can more intensely "race" your friends in completing game objectives, or just watch them do something awesome / stupid (or have them watch you do something awesome / stupid). It adds spice and fun.

In d2, I would bring my computer to a friends place and we'd set up next to each other and race each other to kill andy or something like that. That was a lot of fun. I wish that was a game feature because I think it would add fun to the game.

At this point, we have twitch for observer mode (altho that is resource intensive) and it would take too large of a game rebuild to add either of these.

But....perhaps we could increase the social aspect with a verbose friends list. It would be a toggle you could set on a friend. Turn it on and it opens a separate chat window where it reports what they are doing: mobs they just killed, rifts and bounties completed, areas they enter, if they go to town, their own death, when they resurrect, when they get equipment upgrades, etc. Maybe we cannot visually follow a friend along in D3, but a small optional chat window giving us text updates would be close. I could follow the misadventures of a friend. I could even use it to race a friend in solo completing bounties and rifts.