Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My D2 Clone Success

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by jkinluv, Mar 26, 2004.

1. jkinluv

jkinluv IncGamers Member

My D2 Clone Success

Well, after a long break from D2 LOD. I finally have been playing for over 2 months now. I had never heard of the "Uber" before, when I played...and seen many people chat about it. I read through the forums and searched when my SOJ sold ticker started! I left the room open, by staying in outer cloister and letting the character (my brothers MF sorc) run in place. Counter hit 3750ish and I was in the shower, when my Girlfriend YELLED IT SAYS IT, IT SAYS IT!

I ran from the shower all excited and decided to give the MF sorc a shot. NO CHANCE IN HELL. So I started to freak, thinking I would never get to kill the damn clone today! I was calling my brother (devi8or) all through the night here in Alaska. I probably left him 10 messages hehe, but he never answered, and still hasn't called back. I really needed a different character or some help. I checked the friends list, and no one was on! DAMN.

I finally decided to get daring and try and leave the room (room was up for 1 hour and 40 ish minutes or so) and I hurried and logged out of Bro's Sorc account, and into his backup Hammerdin account. I figured his hammerdin could tank him, cause all my characters are not made specifically with one skill. His hammerdin does only around 6K hammer damage and I was hoping that would be enough. His gear, nothing special, and real simple

Shako
    Eth Skullders w/Ptopaz
    Tearhauch Greaves
    Wizard Spike
    Started with +2 Pally Amulet, but swapped in middle to Nokazoc with fire resist
    Herald of Zakarum
    Some plain Magical MF gloves
    Ravenfrost (only ring in stash)
    Quite a few %resist small charms

Resistances were:

Defense of 6K with holy shield
    Hammers were 6K
    Life 1100

I decided to use Rakanishu from Stony as the target, because none of his characters are past mephisto. I baited him to a closed corner, and stood to the south/southeast of Uber Diablo. The process took me up to or over 10 minutes of constant hammers and Pots to stay alive. I believe I used 24-30 Health pots. His Red Lightning didn't seem to hurt me, because of how close I was I guess. His fire wake, didn't hurt either do to the resistance. However, it was like when he would just whack me, it took a quarter of my health. One whack, and I would Pot (overly protective of my health had no rejuv's). I had to go to town 3 times for Pots. I would just go till I ran out...then quickly switch to vigor and run away.

Once I would come back out of Waypoint, I would try and get back to the same spot I was in (his health was not regenerating? If i was in the wrong spot, he would regen...and his attacks would hurt me...I don't know why.)

All I know...is where I was standing...none of his magical attacks seemed to hurt. Only when I left town, came back and got in a different spot...his magical attacks would almost kill me.

Anyhoot, thanks for listening.

I got a:
    +1 to skills
    17 to Attributes
    20 to Resistances
    6% Exp Gained
    Annihilus Charm

That was all he dropped. Nothing else.

jkinluv
    Anchorage Alaska
    Happy as hell to be a D Clone Defeater (level 77 Hammerdin *MCHammerdin*)

:winner: :winner: :winner:

2. RunningUppercut

RunningUppercut Banned

Nice charm, and good job.

I find him incredibly easy. Then again, I have uber gear and a character dedicated to kicking his *** :clap:

3. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

Congrats! Nice stats on Anni. Next time remember to change mf stuff to anti DC gear :lol: Skully and shako are not that greate against him.

4. BigBadBrett

BigBadBrett IncGamers Member

Well Done ! Nice story !!

5. rickcarson

rickcarson IncGamers Member

Well done...

24-30 health pots...

...damn...

Question:
    Why didn't the DClone just shrug off the damage?
    All my characters when they went to town he would heal it all back.
    Only melee attackers with "prevents monster heal" would have their damage stick.

I couldn't see PMH, or open wounds, or even poison on any of your gear...
    so why didn't the damage just fall off????

cheers

6. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

DClone is a demon, Demons take full damage from Blessed Hammer as resistances are ignored, his 90% Resistances are voided.

Although choosing Rakanishu is obvious as he is easy to find you are better off choosing a Unique Monster that doesn't have quite so much playing room.
    Den Of Evil is the place to go.

Obviously the Act V quick kill is by far the best option however the OP didn't have that option so good on him and congrats on the kill.