Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My D2 Challenge

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Cheeseflys, May 13, 2008.

1. Cheeseflys

Cheeseflys IncGamers Member

My D2 Challenge

Hello everyone, welcome to my D2 challenge! This is just a fun thing to do when you think you can handle the stress. Just so ya know, I have done it myself and it took awhile. Here it is; You must chose your class only max ONE skill and NO synergies allowed! You MUST PLAY UNTWINKED through Hell and show proof of killing Baal in a video or whatever! This may be easy for some, but for those "Godly" players who are so happy with their Hammerdins and such can live with a 862dmg hammer! So, this leads to alot of planning of your character and heres a hint. Just beacuase I said no synergies, doesn't mean that if a synergie leads up to that skill you can't use it! So, take this to your advantage. And for paladins, if you must use your Aura, only ONE skill point in it. You might ask, is there a reward for wasting my time on this? No not really, but is there a reward for getting that 15k hammer or 11k dmg any different? Just bragging rights. I might at one point write a guide for the class I did it in but I dunno... and if you wanna play this on Hardcore, you can but it isn't recomended! IF this challenge has already been done, please say so! If so, I will make it harder by allowing no auras, no sages, unless the sage is a follow up for a summon, and summoners, 1 type of summon, nothing else! So, I will say this, I WILL NOT allowing the point into Holy Shield for smite damage if you max smite. Barbarian users, if you max BO that is your maxed skill and nothing else can be maxed! So you might be stuck with 1 point into an attack skill! I hope you think this over and enjoy it! Oh, and the use of Energy shield is allowed, but if you max it, that's your maxed skill just like the Auras Shouts and Sages/Summons! Mercenarys ARE allowed, so take this to your advantage if your using act 2 ones! Should help your skill planning! :wink3: I will give an example of somthing that you might have a chance with if you can't think of anything, Paladin: Max Zeal, Holy Freeze act 2 Mercenary. So, enjoy this challenge of mine, and please tell me if it has already been done, and I will not allow sages unless they are leading up to your skill! Another thing, Necros and Druids, I will say this again, 1 type of summon and that's it! if your summon is a Grizzly, you may take advantage of the skills following up to your summon! Same for revives, but this is harder to do with only useing a 1 point skill until level 30. Remember, MUST be UNTWINKED! No transfering, no buying! And if you make this a Single Player character, NO EDTIORS! If I see that you have ONE hacked item, your off andno bragging rights for you. :) If you do this, and wanna show proof of your victory, please show your inventory and a picture or a video of killing baal with your method, in a video, show gear and skill point allocation! Copy and paste the picture/video URL in a reply and i'll take a look at it and say if I approve! Now, remember! Don't eat the soap!:soapbox:

2. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Re: My D2 Challenge

Do you ever see what the SPFers do? :lipsrsealed:

Anyways, interesting idea, maybe someone will actually do it. :grin: GL with it.

3. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Here's a challenge. Write with paragraphs.

Oh, and this really reminds me of what Superdave did.

4. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

ouch. my eyes hurts.

5. middleman35

middleman35 IncGamers Member

Sorc - Orb
    Zon - Lightning Fury
    Pally - Max Fanaticism/1 point Zeal
    Druid - Max Fury
    Necro - Max Skeletons
    Barb - Max Zerk or Frenzy or Concentration
    Sin - Max Death Sentry/1 point D Talon

6. ohnoyellowdinosaur

ohnoyellowdinosaur IncGamers Member

This is basically easy as hell compared to some of the things that single player players do.

7. middleman35

middleman35 IncGamers Member

Perhaps the challenge is reading it?

8. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

/vouch.

9. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Can someone please rewrite that for me, I'm not going to read it like that.

10. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

You max ONE skill and ONE skill only.
    Complete the game untwinked.
    Done.

11. TurbulentTurtle

I bet this isn't how cheeseflys thought his thread would turn out.

12. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

He should have posted it in the single player forum and in the format I used then :)

13. Zeek

Zeek IncGamers Member

So, it sounds like after one maxed skill he then allows single points in other skills. So, why can't I say I max out fanaticism but only put 19 points in zeal instead of max. That's not so difficult. Or max fanaticism and one point in zeal. With plus skills that would still get me up to 5 hits most likely. Even untwinked I should find some +pally skills items along the way.

Really I'd say max out conviction and get a point in vengence and you'll be able to kill everything slowly but surely.

14. Erwwwd

Erwwwd IncGamers Member

You can only max one skill, you can put one point in other skills though. You can't put more than 1 point in other skills.

It then goes on to tell every character that they can only max 1 skill in detail with a specific skill for all builds. Then he ends it. Then he specifically mentions summon druids that are thinking of maxing a wolf along the way to the grizzly. This seems to be written as fast as the OP thought the words.

15. crazygun

crazygun IncGamers Member

I think fishmancy will accomplish this very easily, just max skeleton, no points in any others.

1 point zealot (max fan), 1 point avenger(max conviction) can also do this not very hard.

It might be hard for sors because of the immunes.

However, the OP needs to be more specific in the rules.

Max 1 skill and put 19 in another one, is this OK?

Max smite and put 1 point in holy shield is not allowed, but how about 20 in skeleton and 1 in summon resist?

16. crazygun

crazygun IncGamers Member

if can put points both in conc and bh, like max bh, 1 point in conc, it is still doable for hammerdin.

Two spirit and 1 insight is not that hard to find. just keep on running nightmare countness.
    Around 1k dmg hammers will do the job, though slowly.

17. TurbulentTurtle

This was answered in OP, and also by Erwwwd.
    You are allowed to only max one skill, and put 1 point into everything else.

18. Cheeseflys

Cheeseflys IncGamers Member

Ok, I did this when I was tired so it's not perfect, but no you can't do things like 10 into one 10 into another. It's just one skill maxed no synergies for said skill unless they lead up to it; but only 1 point may go into it. Oh, and sorry for the how unorganized it is... I thought I was going to end it and thought of other things to put into it :p. But, I still belive this is a challenge of sorts, just because some people have done this when they started playing diablo 2 and didn't notice synergies... But this is a time where everyone knows their synergies and playing without them is a living hell... Kinda like a FoH paladin without conviction and Holy Shock. But like I said 13 times, if it is too easy for people, i'll make it harder! anyway, I might re-put this into the singeplayer forum to have it so no items are slipped in, but for now I just wanna see someone do this with the showing of the proof and all that crap. And thank you Turbulent for answering some of those things like 19 in one, 20 in another.

19. oodjob

oodjob IncGamers Member

After I read superdave's story of his Zon beating game with cracked items, I felt like no mater what I do in SP, I could never top that, and therefore should not even attempt to do so.

20. Reticent Drappa

Reticent Drappa IncGamers Member

Haha, I felt the same way. :shocked: