My crashed car update (pictures included)

Johnny

Banned
My crashed car update (pictures included)

So those of you that read This thread

I was down at the impound lot to get my CDs and some other things out of the car and I took the chance to get some pictures that I uploaded Here

And now that Im writing this I remember that I forgot to get the CD out of the CD player so Il have to go back some day during the week just to pick that up.....damn.

The pictures are very high quality (1.5 to 2 MB each) so they could take some effort to download.

What kind of car is that? I don't recognize the logo.

Anyway, I hope you get your car back(or at least money for a new one). That does not look like a fun crash.

rare

Diabloii.Net Member
Awesome, if all the topics had pictures and diagrams like yours itd be cool :p

and, not awesome about your car, but...you know :sad2:

edit: pretty sure the car is a Renault.

edit2: Wow thats freaky..

On the 2nd picture (middle one on the top row) if you look at the windshield it looks like someone's deformed arms flailing up in the air...as if it were going to crash. kind of o_o

Johnny

Banned
Its a Renault Mégane.
The insurance company is paying me $2000 more than I paid for it but even for the total of $6000 Im geting. There is no way Il be able to get a car that good for that price.

I looked at a new car on saturday that was close but the car had some wierd damages. No CD player. Just an 8-track and the entire inside of the car smelled like Iran.

Johnny said:
I looked at a new car on saturday that was close but the car had some wierd damages. No CD player. Just an 8-track and the entire inside of the car smelled like Iran.
Isn't that odd, just the gas tank on my car smells like Iran.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I dunno... it does look fixable but it would take a lot of panel-beating and if it's true that the engine block is messed up surely that would be expensive to replace.

What am I saying? I don't know anything about cars.

MadMachine

Diabloii.Net Member
I said this in the other thread before, but I agree with Amra.

You said that the 'engine may have taken a hit'. How is that possible? I'm not familiar with Renaults - don't see too many in T.O.

dondrei said:
What am I saying? I don't know anything about cars.
That's never stopped you before. :wink3:

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
For a car that crashed going 90 km/h that looks pretty good.

Amra said:
wow... that car looks to be easily fixed.
Might not be worth it if it's an old car. Car parts are pretty expensive. And then there's the labour, if you can't do it yourself.

I've seen this happen before. A friend of mine forgot his parking brake one night when he came home from work. Just as he went inside his car rolled into his mothers car at about 15 km/h. His mothers car wasn't even scratched but my friends car was banged up a bit. Since it was a beat up old Saab he'd bought for something like $3000 there was no point in fixing it, as that would have cost more than the car was worth.

HAMC8112

Diabloii.Net Member
Drosselmeier said:
For a car that crashed going 90 km/h that looks pretty good.

Might not be worth it if it's an old car. Car parts are pretty expensive. And then there's the labour, if you can't do it yourself.

I've seen this happen before. A friend of mine forgot his parking brake one night when he came home from work. Just as he went inside his car rolled into his mothers car at about 15 km/h. His mothers car wasn't even scratched but my friends car was banged up a bit. Since it was a beat up old Saab he'd bought for something like $3000 there was no point in fixing it, as that would have cost more than the car was worth.

3000€ for a beat up old Saab? Man! Sweden sounds like the promised land to me.

Amra said:
wow... that car looks to be easily fixed.
I'm not sure how the car is built, and if there are any you-pull-it junk yards in Sweden land, but that looks expensive to have a shop fix. Looks like it needs: A hood, fender, bumper cover (not really necessary, but for looks), headlight assembly, possibly radiator, may need to have the front end straightened, front end alignment. I really can't see that happening for less than $5000, but then again, I don't know how it works in Sweden. Of course, it looks entirely self do-able, as long as the understructer isn't in too bad of a shape.

Johnny

Banned
Drosselmeier said:
The car was from 2000.

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
Johnny said:
The car was from 2000.
You got it cheap then.

EDIT: And the real question is, how much would it cost to fix. If the engine was all sorts of broken then maybe it would cost more than what it was insured for. The value of your car is determined by your insurance and what you paid for it. It's not like a house that has a value for tax purposes that's independant from what you gave for it. Cars are only appraised when they change owners, and then it's done only by the buyer and seller. If you'd paid twice as much when you bought the car it might have been worth it for the insurance company to fix it since they would have to pay you twice as much for it otherwise.

Johnny

Banned
Drosselmeier said:
You got it cheap then.
Yes very.

It was an incredibly good deal. 25.000 kr. I get 40.000 kr from the insurance company. But I would have preffered having the car repaired.

Or mayby this is my chance to get a car for 10.000-15.000 kr with just a traffic insurance then get a more expensive car when Im 24 and the insurance goes down.