Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My crappy javazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Barnical, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Barnical

Barnical IncGamers Member

My crappy javazon

Alrite, so I've been gone since the new ladder season and all my stuff on nonladder was deleted, so I decided to start a ladder character that could, with alittle mf, get some decent gear. So I turned heads to the lightning javazon to do some pit runs. She's decent gear for untwinked you could say. Here's what she wears:

Weapon- Crappy javs, can't even find a titans
    Shield- Rhyme Grim shield
    Helmet- Stealskull or Tals mask, can't decide which to use yet
    Armor- Prubyed Twitchthroe
    Gloves- Bloodfist
    Belt- Tals belt, best find so far, and it's the lowest possible, go figure
    Boots- Hsarus or some rare magic find boots
    Rings- Manald heal and a rare with +40 mana/+9% mf
    Amulet- Another 40 mana, no mf I believe
    Charms- Crap, some FHR/mana/resist/faster run/walk

Skills are as follow:
    20 CS
    20 LS
    20 LF
    I plan to max valk next, or get pretty close, put a few more into avoid/dodge/evade and pierce then just misc points into the synergies for CS and LF.

I'm level 71 now and I can't do a single pit run, I can kill, but it's pretty hard. Any suggestions? You can contact me on USWest *Almighty-Whitey

I'm just lost, I'm following Jeks lightning zon guide and It's proven well, but I just can't seem to kill.

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

well a javazon needs a lot of +skills to be really effective, so i'd:
    replace twitch w/peace (+2 zon), and try to buy in a shop (hell anya) a glove with +2-3 javelin skil levels (ideally the gloves will also have some ias), same is with amulet which should have +skills (either magical/rare or unique-you could try to get an eye of etlich)

also you should try 1pl cow runs if pits prove to be too hard-it should be quite doable and cows tend to drop good

3. Barnical

What do you mean try 1pl cow runs? Like solo cow runs in hell? If so yeah I will try that. Thanks alot, and around how many pgems is a decent titans worth, maybe I should go to the Trade forums and check it out?

4. Leohappy

it's cheap... a few pgems at most

5. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

At lvl71 you might want to do NM cows. Also NM Meph, eldrich, shenk etc. can drop Titans.

6. Barnical

Yeah I've done that, but got nothin but Magics and rares, what do you think would be optimal equipment untwinked for MFing those kinda guys, and how much MF.

7. WrongdayJ

WrongdayJ IncGamers Member

I usually go MFing with no less than 300%.

Stealskull helm, Gold wrap belt, two nagel rings, Tancred's boots + Ammy, switch weapon is a gull dagger and a rhyme shield. That get's you close. Your merc should be stuffed full of as many Ptopazes as you can muster. Helm and armor. Also- Give him a Meat Scraper. That should easily take you over 400%+ when you let him deliver the killing blow. Chain Lightning the crowd and let him mop up. CS Bosses until they're almost dead and let him finish them off while you are switching to the Gull/Rhyme and pumping up the player count:jig: !!

I agree with Leohappy- +skills is where it's at. Peace runeword (Shael+Thul+Amn) is nice. It's my armor of choice for MFing (Skullders is nice, too)- but the peace gives you the Lv15 Valk (when it triggers) and +to skills.

Hope this helps.

8. Barnical

It does help but I'm untwinked and have next to nothing, the gear ive got on is all I got.

9. WrongdayJ

Got Peace?

I always find stuff in normal play that has 'X% chance to find magic items', when you do, just weigh it against your current equipment. If it gives you a significantly better MF chance with only a slight loss in stats, well, then I'd say since you are playing a MF character in softcore mode (right?) then it'd be worth the switch. Also, look to the sets. Tancreds, Sigons, Vidalas, + a few more have partial set bonuses that include MF. Wear the tancred ammy and boots (not bad) and you get +78%. Vidalas boots (good in their own right)+ the ammy nets you +50%. Get that MF up there around 200% and you'll notice stuff starts dropping better even in normal play- but stuff doesn't start getting really juicy until you run /players 8 hell bosses with 400%.
    I have an extra 'Peace' armor for you if you want it. It helps alot dealing with the rest the MF gear.

10. Barnical

Really? If it's extra man just whisper me *Almighty-Whitey on WEST ill be on in a little but as long as its spare.

11. WrongdayJ

I'm in there right now. . .look for *Wrongday

12. Barnical

*****AN UPDATE ON LF/CS/LS Pit runner******

Alrite, so my gear has changed quite significantly.
    Mainly what I use now for MFing in nightmare (Still can't do hell pits):

Helmet: PTopazed stealskull
    Armor: 'Peace' Superior Breast plate
    Weapon: 181% Titans
    Shield: Rhyme grim shield
    Gloves: +3 passive skills (To obtain level 17 valk)
    Boots: 17% MF boots or IK
    Belt: Tals belt
    Rings: Dwarrf star and manald
    Amulet: Crafted 8% mf, some dex amulet

That's pretty much it, havin crappy luck in nightmare, if I'm planning to get decent gear, can someone name all the places I should MF in one game, like andy/county/meph etc, I just want to know all the highest level places in nightmare so that I can get decent gear if I keep mfing it.

13. Leohappy

you can't do hell cows with this setup ? i'm pretty sure i could do it 2 years ago when i started playing on ladder

and btw get +3 jav gloves (dmg > all)

14. Barnical

I could probably do hell cows, but I haven't beat Hell yet, so I also can't shop for +3 javas on Hell anya. Also, whenever I join a game to buy them, I could only get +2 javas.

Anyways, what are viable places to MF that would get me decent stuff (skullders, vamp gaze, shako, arach, occy, shaft, the mid level stuff ya know, not to low but not godly cause thatd force me to do hell andy/meph)

15. WrongdayJ

That's a REALLY good question.

Good 'ol Mephy has never let me down in any difficulty. . .I get a halfway decent drop every time I run him. Alot of people say running Pindleskin is hot, but the only thing I ever got from him that was worth a hoot was a pair of rare +3 to spear skills gauntlets with Life and mana leach. I've never once got a unique from him- and believe me I've ran his no good sorry _____ more times than I care to mention. Hell, Blood Raven really sucks but even she's dropped a couple uniques for me now and again. Nightmare Andy is where I got my one and only SOJ- she's good for low to mid level stuff. All the Bosses are good really. I like running Diablo, Baal, and the Icy Cellar- the boss in there (Snapchip shatter?) usually drops fairly well. Nilathak's never dropped crap for me, but the area he's in is good to run with 300-400% MF.
    WSK is also pretty good if your MF is high.