My conclusion on Kicksin gear.

Taishaku

Diabloii.Net Member
Speederländer said:
We have run the numbers. We have also tried it out. If you have a suggestion that goes against all of the collected experience of the forum, then you have to justify it in detail. Otherwise you are giving bad advice to people who are new here and don't know any better. It's one thing to ask about it or pose it as a possibility. But you are posting a list of ideal PvP kicker items and acting as though it's the final word and authoritative. It's not. I have played kickers since the beginning of ladder 1. So have several other people here. We do actually have a clue as well as a lot of collective experience.
Yes that's nice alnder, but you guys with all your knowledge still haven't helped anyone in this thread except criticize and speculate.

If GFace isn't a good helm, then what would be preferable?

if ds doesnt work with kicks, and cb isnt all too great in pvp cept against barbs which you wont beat anyways (a good one) then CoA and even shako or a sin circ should outshine it easily.
Can you please speak English and explain why other than just saying so? Some of us here arent' that familiar with Sins.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Taishaku said:
Yes that's nice alnder, but you guys with all your knowledge still haven't helped anyone in this thread except criticize and speculate.
1. There are many threads where kick equipment is discussed, including stickies at the top of the forum.
2. When someone makes an unsubstantiated claim about what is "the best" equipment and they are wrong, it's pointed out. It's then up to that person to JUSTIFY their claim or modify it.

It gets old reinventing the wheel every single time that someone posts incorrect information. It really does. The choice is: Post a small book pointing out the factual flaws OR point out that it is mistaken and direct people to look up the many threads with correct information. I'll take the second approach this time out.

Taishaku

Diabloii.Net Member
Speederländer said:
1. There are many threads where kick equipment is discussed, including stickies at the top of the forum.
2. When someone makes an unsubstantiated claim about what is "the best" equipment and they are wrong, it's pointed out. It's then up to that person to JUSTIFY their claim or modify it.

It gets old reinventing the wheel every single time that someone posts incorrect information. It really does. The choice is: Post a small book pointing out the factual flaws OR point out that it is mistaken and direct people to look up the many threads with correct information. I'll take the second approach this time out.
Public threads are designed to answer specific issues. If you're lazy, post a link to a guide/test like some librarian to prove your point instead of going outright and yelling at the guy.

I mean, what if this was a poor man build? >(

longwood

Diabloii.Net Member
LagunaCid said:
Bah, I regret making this thread.
Make your own options.

Laguna,

Its okay, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Speedlander always has great advice, and he said some of us have been playing kickers since the beginning of time. I wish I could run some numbers for you, however from my experience

Helms: Coa, Shako, Andy's Visage(A lot of people don't like it, I love it)
Weapon: So many good options
Deaths Web, your primary killing sorce is normaly venom, why not enhance it further.
Chaos
Fury - bleed baby bleed
Bartucs - works great against high defense characters
Jade Talon against elemental characters
Armor: Enigma or Bramble easily, no other compares, Chains of Honor for fun!
Shield: SS, hands down for me. I haven't tried pheonix and will when ladder ends. Sanc, no need already have max'd resists
Ammy: Plenty of duped ammy's if you use them. Also crafting, +2 Sin, 5% bonus to ar, dex and resists. One of my favorites

All these can be questioned for sure however, with my experience and my buddy, who has consistantly tried to beat me with his array of different gear, have come to the conclusions that some of the gear I listed is the best and will always be the best. Enjoy.

LONGWOOD

Damric

Diabloii.Net Member
For Talon the best weapon is "beast". "Lawbringer" phase blade is also nice. An azurewrath or chaos claw is ok but not as good as law or beast.

Guillames is the best PvM. Or else use Andariels or Giant skull for more damage from +str. Coa is ok but way too expensive.

I agree Duress is best kick armor but fort and Lev are also good.

Yes cats eye is good but there is better. Metalgrid is awesome.

Best glove is magnus because you will never get more AR/ias from any other glove...period.

Agree on upped goreriders, ravenfrosts.

I prefer a string over verdungo.

Shield...SS or phoenix.

No mention of charms...I load my kicker with AR/life or AR/fhr gcs, and similar scs.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Taishaku said:
Public threads are designed to answer specific issues. If you're lazy, post a link to a guide/test like some librarian to prove your point instead of going outright and yelling at the guy.

I didn't "yell", I merely disagreed. And please spend 60 seconds examining my posting history before using the word "lazy". Why should I post links/excerpts/summaries to stickies or other easily accessible threads? Rather, should not people take the time to see what others have posted on a topic before posting a "last word" commentary on that issue? My point on this has been quite simple. The information given was wrong. The correct information is merely a click away. If you feel that conventional wisdom is incorrect, you have to make the effort to PROVE it. Posting a list of ideal equipment, claiming it's the best (when it isn't), and then not backing it up with substantiation isn't going to fly.

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
Taishaku said:

speedlander knows what hes talking about when it comes to kicksins. he doesnt yell but gives advice. of course speedlander yells at me all the time. i cry lot because of him.

Bigrob

Banned
Taishaku said:

Heh, if u dont have enough wealth then u shouldnt play pvp. In pvp u certainly need at least SOMETHINGS decent to play, or esle u will just get whacked.

When i first started, i never pvp but pvm, cuz i knew it's just waste of time. I would rather mf to gain more items. :)

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Taishaku said:
It was not.

Go back and read the thread. Before every single item he says "the best (insert item type here) is:"

Wrong is wrong. I have no issue with people proposing different items as "the best", but they have a responsibility to research their claims and justify them. Just jumping in the assassin forum with a 20 odd posting history and telling everyone what "the best" gear is isn't going to fly. Especially when the gear listed is NOT the best.

All he has to do is justify his choices and we can discuss it. If someone is going to try to lay claim to the last word on gear or skills or anything else, you had better expect to recieve, and be able to answer, the inevitable criticism. The burden of proof is with the person making the claim.

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
I suggest some duels. Less talk, more duels. If you're on the same realm, then follow each other around in pubbies (or even better, some more respectable dueling circles) and see who is better at getting the kills. The rest of us who don't have the luxury of keeping up with you guys can sit here and place bets. :lol:

MoreGameThanPS2

Diabloii.Net Member
THe best Setup is 15 dr coa, um'd dweb, bramble, ss, trang gloves, arach, shadow dancers, with chaos/fury/jade enigma kiras in stash with 10 shadow 40+ lifers in inventory with anni and 9 life res sc's :d

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
MoreGameThanPS2 said:
ooh and you need to use bos, u can't use fade as a kicker, you'll NEVER hit the bp if your not cc
Um, I call (Insert proper logical falacy, since I don't follow those names)

Several setups can reach the fastest kicking without BoS. Any -30 weapon with 50 IAS, or a Beast Warspike (no extra IAS) reach the fastest speed.

The question then becomes, "Is it worth it?"