My conclusion on Kicksin gear.

LagunaCid

Diabloii.Net Member
My conclusion on Kicksin gear.

Lately Ive made many tests with kicksin gears, coming into this result:

The best kicker helm is Guilaums Face. Damage-wise, worked better than Dream. Defence-wise, CoA is slighty better because of the DR. But since you (should) use Fade and Dungos, DR wont be much of a problem if you slap a Ber on it.

The best kicker Weapon is:Azurewrath. This might not be new to you, but, its ture ;) 1000 elemental damage, half of it unresistable (unless you count Safety Crafted Shield), with +1 Skills, and +10 atributes, woosh!
Death Web comes close, however, its worse because you would need a wooping 2000++++++ psn damage to compensate the elemental damage loss.

The best kicker Shield is:Phoenix/Sanctuary. The Phoenix is unbeatable if you focus on offence. However, Sanctuary is the greatest kicker shield if you want max block and godly resistance.

The best kicker Armor is: Duress. Yea, baby. Better than Fort, and sort of better than Bramble (if you use Venom-Boosted). Nice FHR, has OW and CB. Perfect for a kicker. Damage-wise, same as fort. Defence-wise, hella better than fort. Enigma? Why? DF works very well for me, thanks. Even against fast casters.

The best kicker Amulet is: Cat's Eye/Metgalgrid. Not an old news either, Cats Eye is good against some casters (like Bonemancers and Blizz Sorcs, when the Blizz Sorc teles like a headless chicken), and Metalgrid, well, against the rest.

The rest is obvious: Ravens, Dungos, Gores and a good rare gloves with IAS, MA, DEX and maybe some res.

longwood

Diabloii.Net Member
Laguna,

If there is anytime you want to duel an elite kicker let me know. I can show you which gear works best. Honestly I have tried all that you listed and I have found gear in all cases that works a lot better. Send me a PM with your account, kiss your mom at the bus stop because I'm gonna take you to school son. Nah seriously thats all in good taste. Seriously though, I'm on East n/l and love dueling with my kicker. I'm afraid you are on ladder though with phoenix.

DevilsWrath

Diabloii.Net Member
longwood im actually thinkin of makin a kicker after my ww sin. I'd love to see yours and discuss the gear choices.

Taishaku

Diabloii.Net Member
Well... I'm building a non-ladder PvP CC Talon-Kicksin...

Would this work?

Helm: Guillaume's Face

Armor: Enigma or Duress

Amulet: Cat's Eye

Weapon: Bartuc's Cut-Throat
Shield: Jade Talon

Gloves: Dracul's Grasp

Belt: Verdungo's Hearty Cord

Shoes: Rare Myrmidon Greaves

I like CC better than 1h/Shield. The WBlock makes it much easier to do anticaster work.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't use Guillaume's Face for PvP.

There are better ammies than cat's eye. Use a fury or chaos on your primary hand to get the needed ias boost.

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
if ds doesnt work with kicks, and cb isnt all too great in pvp cept against barbs which you wont beat anyways (a good one) then CoA and even shako or a sin circ should outshine it easily.

Bigrob

Banned
dkay said:
if ds doesnt work with kicks, and cb isnt all too great in pvp cept against barbs which you wont beat anyways (a good one) then CoA and even shako or a sin circ should outshine it easily.
cb is also powerful when against max vita druid. (with oak)

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
I swear that first post looks like something for PvM. The only time I use Guilames is when I'm thrashing up low-level dueling games with my lvl 41 kicker. If I find a serious challenge, then Rockstopper or Vamp are better options.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
LagunaCid said:
I think you didnt see my notes on Guilaums :)
What is better than Guilaums?
Ummm??
We have run the numbers. We have also tried it out. If you have a suggestion that goes against all of the collected experience of the forum, then you have to justify it in detail. Otherwise you are giving bad advice to people who are new here and don't know any better. It's one thing to ask about it or pose it as a possibility. But you are posting a list of ideal PvP kicker items and acting as though it's the final word and authoritative. It's not. I have played kickers since the beginning of ladder 1. So have several other people here. We do actually have a clue as well as a lot of collective experience.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
cb is also powerful when against max vita druid. (with oak)
Kill the oak, then that vita drops a lot. Keep them stunned, hindering recast. Pound them with poison.

The issue with CB is what you have to give up to get it. Giving up a good helm just to swing some CB is a big problem and it really just doesn't add up.

Might CB help in that one duel? Sure, maybe a little bit (but not so much as you think). But you should be able to kill a druid anyway.

Bigrob

Banned
Speederländer said:
Kill the oak, then that vita drops a lot. Keep them stunned, hindering recast. Pound them with poison.

The issue with CB is what you have to give up to get it. Giving up a good helm just to swing some CB is a big problem and it really just doesn't add up.

Might CB help in that one duel? Sure, maybe a little bit (but not so much as you think). But you should be able to kill a druid anyway.
i didnt mean u have to guillmace on :D

There is many weapon a sin can use which also provide cb.