Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My choices when it comes to a MF class?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Arthial, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Arthial

Arthial IncGamers Member

My choices when it comes to a MF class?

I am just starting out again and need a class that can run off of whatever I find him/her or npc items. I don't much care for the Skelemancer because of the slowness and the blizzard sorceress only seems good for moat tricking mephisto. I was thinking of running one spot such as the pits for my items, I was thinking of using Shankies Pit Strafer guide, would this be a good bet, I could run Ancient Tunnels / Shenk / Eldrich and Pindle as well. Please if you can help me out, thanks.

2. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

Re: My choices when it comes to a MF class?

:welcome: to the forums,

Personally I'd just make a sorc of whatever flavour you prefer, almost any sensible build will let you mf NM mephi & Andy and that should set you up with some decent items to start whatever character you prefer.

Every Ladder reset my first char is a sorc, and my second is my strafer :).

3. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Run mephi + tunnels with a blizzard sorceress. (OR countess with a light sorceress.)

Fishymancer is great in Chaos sanc btw.

4. sighoth

sighoth Banned

just throwing this out there, an IK WW barb can do keyruns as fast as anyone, also all the other places you mentiond, for a relitavly low cost, alltho seriosly make a sorc first, they will allways be the best mfers for un-rich people :p

5. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Yeah Sorc is your best option for untwinked MFing

After that, any class can be a perfectly decent MFer with just Gheeds, Travs, and maybe a Nagel or some Ptopaz socketed items. Whatever kills the fastest and is the most fun :)

You only need maybe 150 MF to be decent. Anything over that just takes you from decent to good (250), or from good to great (450), after that just to "you spend too much effort MFing" :D

6. Arthial

Arthial IncGamers Member

So Blizzard Sorceress it is then. Can I wear just plain MF gear with her and Moat Trick Mephisto and get good gear for her that way? Any helpful tips or suggestions is very most appreciated!!!

7. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Basic Blizz Mf'er gear.

Tal orb, tal mask /w ptopaz, tal amu, tal armor /w ptopaz, tal belt, "Splendor" Rw shield, magefists (you need the fcr), WT's or some rares. Nagles as rings.

Merc can handle with duriel + Crown of thieves + insight in any wep setup.

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

As long as you cannot afford obscenely expensive runewords like Enigma, a sorc is the best MF character. With Tal's set, Spirit and the usual other stuff she has excellent killing power, FCR, resists, FHR and MF.

A pure cold sorc can do the Tunnels as well (nothing but a few bosses is cold immune in there), but a meteorb sorc will be able to do Meph (moat trick) and Andy (direct confrontation) as well as Tunnels, Eldritch and Pindleskin (merc needed), so she's more versatile and thus less boring, respectively you won't need yet another MF character.

9. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

I've never needed a merc to do Pindle on a sorc, FB spam usually sorts him out whilst the cretin is still lagging behind me in the doorway :)(or FOrb if he's FI ofc).
    Yet my brother fails miserably to do pindle with a merc on his sorc, so maybe I'm just special :D.

10. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

I would say whatever class you have fun with. If you prefer melee, a zealer can get through the game with some basic items and area clears have been better for me than targeting meph.

11. Arthial

Arthial IncGamers Member

I have gotten some free items for my sorc just not the ones you all are suggesting, I want tals set but sadly no one just gives those away on US EAST, anyone who plays on US EAST that could help me out that would be great.

12. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Arthial, you can easily get full tals for an ist pul or ist um or just ist if you are lucky., CORRECTED FLAW. Ist = 160 pgms. Start running NM places for flawlesses ;)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  13. sighoth

sighoth Banned

with a blizz sorc you wont need free, with moat trick you can solo mephi in blues, as he cant hit you, Andy is pretty simple aswell,

Blizz
    Run
    Blizz
    Run

repeat 20 times, Eventually youll get a decent drop of one of the two, then you can trade for tal's. If ure very poor just get some socketed items and throw ptopazs in them, My friend started 2 days ago and has made a metororb sorc, i gave him some basic gear to start with, occulus some tal ( not armor ) low chances, blue mf rings ect ect, and in 1 night of mf hes found a rainbow facet 4/5 poison, alot of useful uniques, Gheeds, and some other cool stuff, just keep mfing, thats my advice ;).

14. Arthial

Arthial IncGamers Member

What is a decent amount if MF to start with? I have heard that you need atleast 350% to be any good at mfing, is this true?

15. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

A general statement like that is nonsense, but the more MF, the better, as long as it doesn't slow down your killing speed. 350% is a good number for finding uniques.

16. Gorny

Gorny Banned

No begging, please.

17. Arthial

Arthial IncGamers Member

To be honest Gorny, I wasn't begging, I wasn't asking if someone could give me full tal's, I was asking however if anyone could help me as in help me in general, not for items or anything but for general questions ect. I am sorry if anyone thought I was begging, because that was not the case.

18. Gorny

Gorny Banned

To be honest, people put in plenty of time for their gear and items. To be honest we frown on people asking for stuff out of the blue since it is borderline begging, or very much so in most cases. To be honest we ask that you don't randomly ask for things in threads but rather honestly look into giveaway threads or check the trade forums.

To honest, really.

19. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Barbs are the best melee MF, Sorc or fishy for spellcaster builds.

Anything else is weak killing or getting good enough MF