My Chemical Romance

My Chemical Romance

Ever heard of them? Definatly worth a try if you haven't heard them. I have only heard three songs by them. Headfirst for Halos,Early Sunsets on Monroevilee, Addiction. All very good songs. The funny thing they aren't any thing like what I normally listen to.

Stevinator said:
what is this emo" thing? i live in a cave...no TV.
Emo =Emotional Punk

Basically Punk but with more emphasis on the lyrics with more of a sad tone to it.

Weezer
Broken
Crave Her
Smoke
Milky Way
and Chocoholics(<--All female)

Are some good Emo bands doubt you will be able to find them besides Weezer as they are all local bands(Except Weezer). Ev_ would be able to tell you more.

Don't forget the get up kids. I don't like emo but these guys are good.

EDIT: kow is yellowcard considered emo? If they are then there's 2 bands emo bands that I like.

Ezcabe said:
I thought emo was just emoitional music, but isn't all music emotional?
No.

Yellowcard is not really Emo overall but they have a few songs(Played at concert) that are Emo-esque.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
Saw My Chemical Romance live about six months ago. Played a pretty damn good show, and I had heard a couple of songs before that. Try "This is the Best Day Ever" and "Vampires Will Never Hurt You" if you liked the other songs.

As for the whole emo thing, the definition of emo now has evolved into more acoustic sounding, emotional music because there are many bands that walk a punk/emo line with emotional lyrics but more upbeat music, ie Taking Back Sunday, The Starting Line, The Used, Brand New, Fall Out Boy, Finch, and plenty others. Your typical emo now would be The Get Up Kids, RX Bandits, Dashboard Confessional, and bands like that.

Croup said:
Saw My Chemical Romance live about six months ago. Played a pretty damn good show, and I had heard a couple of songs before that. Try "This is the Best Day Ever" and "Vampires Will Never Hurt You" if you liked the other songs.

As for the whole emo thing, the definition of emo now has evolved into more acoustic sounding, emotional music because there are many bands that walk a punk/emo line with emotional lyrics but more upbeat music, ie Taking Back Sunday, The Starting Line, The Used, Brand New, Fall Out Boy, Finch, and plenty others. Your typical emo now would be The Get Up Kids, RX Bandits, Dashboard Confessional, and bands like that.
I guess I am a traditionalist now then huh?

Yeah my friend let me listen to those songs today. . . not bad they are coming to KC soon so I may go see them.