My Buddy and Me...ha

Baeinn

Diabloii.Net Member
My Buddy and Me...ha

A friend and I are getting back into diablo and he's got a leg up on me and made a barbarian...he's only lvl 22 but I'm not catching up because I've a small problem in choosing a character.

My question to you, the good barbarian community, is what would be a good pairing with a barbarian, while still being able to hold its own for when he's not around. I'd like to stay away from a sorc, a druid, or another barb *i've played those three classes already and would like something fresh* but if one of those three offers really good synergy with the barb...well then i may just have to suck it up

Thanks to any and all that respond to my dilemma

fistofyah

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: My Buddy and Me...ha

fishymancer is a strong choice imo. Not too expensive for the new ladder, Amp Damage breaks physical immunities, etc. Smiter would be OK too, except you're trying to shy away from pallys and they're relatively expensive.

carnivore

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: My Buddy and Me...ha

smiters can be build really cheap. you just have to have three things to make it work :
- life tap (shop a wand)
- crushing blow (any source will do; goblin toe or black rune word)
- an elite pala shield (regarding smite damage any is good enough)

a smiter would (normally) also be an fanatic zealer against crowds. this could be a little harder without a decent weapon and you two would have a problem with physical immunes.

frost or shock zealot are options too or of course a hammerdin. basically every pala that has a main aura that helps the barb too is good.

amazons and assasins would just add other damage sources (at least with the right builds) and dont have much too offer that bring some kind of synergy between the two chars.

so if you dont like palas, go with Baeinns suggestion: summon necro. the different curses allow you lots of strategy and will get through the game along with your maxed skeletons of course.