Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

my bowazon build, plz any suggestions :)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by strijdje, Feb 12, 2004.

1. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

my bowazon build, plz any suggestions :)

hi guys :wave:

As some of you might know i have made several pat/mat and guardians in 1.10 but never a PURE bow-a-zon.. so last week i receveid an offer from sincerex13, he wanted his grandfather back and offered me a windforce for it... that got me thinking..
    This is the build and gear set-up i had in my mind:

*yes i know, im one off those guys who cant decide between MS or Strafe.. any tips are welcome*

Skills
    Magic arrow 20 (for PI's and it requirs no ammunition)
    Multishot 15 (+skills should supply a decent boost to get enough arrows)
    FA 5 (+skills should boost it to a +10 skill)

Passive and magic
    Crit strike 5
    Penetrate 15 (maybe more? but i saw that you will need ALOT of AR in hell for a decent % to hit)
    Pierce 10
    Decoy 5
    Valkyre 20
    All the dogde skills 5 (totall 15)

This would be completed @ lvl 90 or something around that lvl... i'm still in dubious about the MS or strafe question... otherwise if its MS 15 points, if i'm going strafe it will be maxed..

Equip
    Windforce socket with a sheal rune, if the deal doesnt got through i can choose between eaglehorn, upped buri or a Silence Hydra bow(from .09)
    Chains of honor wire fleece (stripped of my zealot )
    Mav's diadem, socket with a ias//res jewel
    Laying of Hands
    Highlords or Atma's ammy, any suggestions??
    Nosferatu coil
    Waterwalks or gore riders, IMO gore riders for their CB, Ow and DS
    Ravenfrost (4 Ar from being perfect)
    Rare dual leech (6% and 7% )with triple resitance mods...
    Couple of 100 psn small charms, 5 +20 small vita charms, 2 bow skillers with 12%FHR and 1 passive with 39 to life.. + a buttload of res small charms..

Merc will be a might merc with a eth gaze, stone archon plate and a reaper's toll or a tomb reaver (only found one with 2 socketes )

So what can i improve about this build andwhat kind of main attack? strafe or MS, i will use FA to freeze up the mob, then MS or Strafe to finish.. this is a pure PVM build so...

thnx alot

robin

2. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

first : decoy = 1 , more is a mistake. MS or Strafe ? I used only strafe so I'm not at the best place for answers but you can make more things with strafe. by example, nothing at the screen, you shoot strafe, and 3 arrows. oh oh thats mean monster is near.
    I don't think you need max strafe, max arrows with +skill item is good in a first time.

3. strijdje

yeah i know, i was intending to put the last point in the arrow skils as i lvl up... so first the passive and magic tree...

also i was thinking of a andariels visage or a giant skull (ias ias) as head gear... the visage for the ias, res +2 skills etc only it looks so damn UGLY... the giant skull for its 2 sockets, CB and bonus to strenght, this one looks rather nice

4. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

I'd agree with nemar and also maybe suggest getting valk to 17 w/skills, then deciding if she needs to be stronger. You can always add points, it's taking them away that's the hard part. :) I'd also say that the Atma's is a fabulous amulet, especially if you have the windforce...that'd be absolutely stupid damage. (stupid in the 80's slang good way. :))

However, that's all pure theory. I haven't played a zon since about, say, 1.03 or so, although I've completely planned out my M'avina Strafe/LF zon.

...and if you ever feel like giving away that ring...:lol:

5. strijdje

hehe i post the stats but due the forum crash... it was first on my palladin, then barb but i think my amazone would benefit thebest of that ring, it has
    6% Life leech, 7% Mana leech, 19 LR, 21 FR and 17 PR, +11 to strenght and 5% to cast a frost novawhen struck IIRC :clap: my presioussss

thnx for the advice already guys...

6. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Well, I now have good 1.10 bowazon, so I will post my build (it seems you have quite similar gear)

str 130 (145)
    dex 250 (297)
    vit 115
    en 15

Critical Strike 9 (12, 59% chance to double dam)
    Penetrate 11 (14)
    Pierce 9 (12, 75% chance to pierce)
    Valkyrie 20 (23)
    Magic Arrow 17 (18)
    Strafe 20 (21)

Gear:

Kira's Guardian (Um, totaling 78% all res)
    Highlord's Wrath
    Windforce (Amn)
    153% ed dusk shroud with some lit dam and 10 life (I made this in 1.09 for my burizon :teeth: )
    LoH for bosses/rare gloves with 3%ll, +2 passive&magic, 20% ias and 23 lit res for others
    2x Raven Frost
    String of Ears (15% PDR, 7% ll)
    Gore Rider

resists 73/65/75/75

LOTS of resist charms, couple of psn dam charms to stop monster regenerate, also AR charm and couple of nice lightning dam charms

This gear will increase my chance to do double damage to ~76%, which is enough imo.

Her AR is bit low, but I will put all stat points to dex from now on (she is lvl 84) and I will put couple of points to Penetrate too. I think I will have ~80% chance to hit hell act 5 monsters then

Her damage with might merc is incredible, 453-3714 with Strafe, 585-4446 with Magic Arrow and that will increase when she leves up

I have to be careful, she has only 639 life atm, but I haven't died yet (well, I died couple of times when I made her Mat in MP game, but ping was 700-4000, so...)

I hope this helps :thumbsup:

edit: oh yeah, my merc has Reaper's, so that will increase my damage even more and it is very helpful against PI's. But I don't know about that atma ammy...at least I think you can't shoot while it casts Amp...

edit 2: And I don't know if that Amn in my Windy is that necessary, I have considered to put Eth to that socket instead, which will help to hit things

7. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

just some quick notes more then 10 in multi is not really needed if you now how to play with it aka where to use tight volley and where to spread it out.

also decoy is a synergie to valk so it can be a good idea but most people leave it at base.

another note with 8-9 in pierce and razortail you would get 100% or above pierce with would increase your damage a fair bit.

razortail also has a fair bit of damage modifiers on it.

highlords dont benifit amazons that much other then for ias and res.

with gore raiders and critical you will alredy have a high chance of double damage.

atma is nice for the ar increase CTC amp res and such.

about the strafe multi debate with is very old it began when they fixed the bow bug way back.

most noticable differenceses are these

multi costs 1 arrow and is useful to hit packs, you can also move while using multi so it can be a safer route then strafe.

if you spend to much points into multi you will waste alot of arrows since it only checks for one arrows in the volley on the monster not several of them if i recall right that is.

strafe auto target and that is even of screen so it can be very useful for targeting for example glooms.

it can also nowdays hit a single target more then once.

it costs mre arrows though and gets a bit dangerous with strafe lock but by playing with straytegy and usage of alot of ias this is normaly no problem to overcome.

i havent found out if strafes ED% is added to your base damage or if it works someother way.

the damage increase isent much but its better then multi atleast.

your choice in the end

8. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

I don't think more than 1 point in decoy is a waste. The valk does get 20% life and 2% res all per point in decoy... I didn't regret the fex extra points in put in there.

Oh, and I'd put either an Um or a Dol rune in my windforce.

If you have the reaper's toll you can probably make do without magic arrow.

9. Moog_playa

Moog_playa IncGamers Member

Sounds pretty decent...I notice you're going for lots of speed with this build...too bad Windforce is a slow sucker. A shael might not be the best choice if you have one...Amns are popular. Then you could swap out other life leech sources with other things. I'd definitely ditch the Nosferatu's Coil and go with Razortail...try for that 90%+ Pierce, which will increase your multi damage by a HUGE amount, especially against large mobs, which is where multi shines.

Skill-wise...the build you're suggesting is essentially the same as the one I wrote the guide about, and I had extra points left over to put into FA synergies. Decoy I left at one, which works fine for a hit or two (all you need it for).

Amulet...definitely Atma's...that Amp Dmg will be a nice bonus, except the Reaper's Toll decrpify will overwrite it and vice versa. Not sure I'd bother with the conflict. Maybe a Cat's Eye for speed and run/walk?

Resists are unnecessary...yes I know I sould like a lunatic for saying that...but it's true. In fact, your dodge skills will help you a great deal in that respect...you can dodge OK and AK elemental bolts, LI monster charged bolts, even Gloam lightning.

Sounds like you have top-notch stuff, so you shouldn't have much of an issue...just move a lot! That's the secret.

10. lone_wolf

moog you should also explain that the evade bug made it back into the 1.10 patch.

res isnet needed if you play safe and such but it helps and gives you a buffert if you end up in a situation where you are faced with alot of elementar damaging monsters.

11. Moog_playa

Moog_playa IncGamers Member

Agreed, and especially lightning resistance is a nice bonus. My experience has been that it kind of comes automatically...just in selecting gear you'll have some resists. That an intelligent play will get you through.

12. strijdje

mmm really usefull advice guys, im still going to max magic arrow but i will let MS at lvl 12-13 cause i think that will be more then enough, which allows me to put a little more points into the synergie off FA for a longer freeze radius...
    about the decoy, i will leave it a 5 because of the life and res bonus it gives to valkyre..

Crit strike will be left at 2

Pierce will become 8 ( I will swap a nosferatu for a razortail)

The amulet i will use will be a cat's eye (for the ias and faster run walk) or an Atma's still havnt decided...

The evade skill will be left at 1 to prevent lock..
    About the wf, i really want to hit the fastest attack speed, wich is 7fpa right? so if i need anymore ias i will use a sheal, otherwise a um rune for the OW.. but for now, my gear gives me 45% from the mav diadem, (35% if iu will use andy's visage) 20% from cat's, 20 ias from LoH, and 20% from my Windforce which gets me too 105%.. if i should socket my windforce with a sheal that would be 135% but im no ias calculator :teeth:

anyone out there how knows which ias i need for the fastest attack speed with Magic arrow and MS?
    thnx in advance

robin

13. lone_wolf

robin if you talk about the fa synergie that makes the freeze lenght longer its not worth it use cold sc instead they add 1 sec freeze lenght from 1 mod so if it has dual cold mods it ads 2 sec its much better then the synergie.

and many just take multi to 10 as its a nice number ;)

even if you will use maxed MA its useful to have amp anyway.

dont need atmas for this you can have wws on switch.

the amp will benifit your merc and valk as they can destroy tghe monsters faster.

but as you use the reapers toll on your merc he should be able to handle most monsters without your help.

14. strijdje

yeah i thuoght that too, so i will use cats for its ias and frw and have a WWS on my switch cause i will be PURE bow :teeth:

thnx lone_wolf

ps, all the small cold charms (1-2 cold damage) have that freezing effect right?

15. strijdje

ok, i just looked my ias up and my fps and this is the result i came up with

120 ias for a 9/2
    and
    147 ias for a 8/2

with the ias from my equip i hit the 105% so i will socket the wf with a ed//ias jewel (i still have a good 15 max//15 ias and 31ed//15 ias so i think i will use my 31/15 then i will hit the 9/2...
    but my question, will this change if i will use strafe? cause then i wil shot faster from the skill iirc? :scratch:

:teeth: really, im clueless here ^^

16. lone_wolf

that 9/2 is your strafe speed aka first attack is 9 then its 2 if i recall right

so yes strafe is something that is really nice with alot of ias

look up on the break points it should say strafe speed;)

17. strijdje

k, thnx :thumbsup: