Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

my boner necro

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by dairymizzan, Mar 30, 2004.

1. dairymizzan

dairymizzan IncGamers Member

my boner necro

i like to call my necro the boner necro because its a bonemancer but i dont like the word bonemancer. ok i need some help... what skills do i max out? i maxed out bone spear, bone spirit, almost maxed out teeth, 10 to bone prison and like 7 to bone wall, 1 to bone armor, 1 to corpes explosion, 1 to skeleton and skeleton mage, and 1 to all curses except for the ones on the left. i have full trang set and i have about +7 to all skills and then +10 to poison and bone because of my ammy. is there any unique ammy that i should have? yea and it seems like i dont even do any damage on a 8 player baal run. i use lower resist and then bone spirit. im trying to get merman sprocket and im lvling up to use my boneshade. also, what rings should i wear? and dont say SOJs because those are just too damn hard to get.

2. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

Hello and welcome. MM will do the formal drink thing.

BONER. Pretty standard term and build. It's simple. 2 options:

Option 1
    max teeth
    max bone spear
    max bone spirit
    1 bone armor
    max bone wall
    0 bone prison

str: enuff for gear (118 for marrow)
    dex: block or vit? if blocking, 18x for 75% at clvl85'ish
    vit: rest
    nrg: base

use marrowalk bug to get slvl33 synergy bonus's from bone prison

Option 2
    Same as above, but lower teeth for max bone prison, don't use marrowalks.

Ok for what you actually posted (now that I read it)..
    1. No such item as merman sprocket. They were left out of the patch.
    2. Trang's set sucks for a boner. There is a bug with Faster Cast rate. Use pure summon or venom. Much better for trang's.
    3.Unique ammy would be mara's, but it's expensive. (saw one trade for a soj on ladder last night). Any magical +3 pnb, or +2 all with other mod rare is good.
    4. Lower resist doesn't help your spear / spirit dmg. NO curse does. Use decrep.
    5. Use rare FCR rings. Easy to find.
    6. quit going the summon side. max all synergies to see an increase in your damage.
    7. make a white wand (dol + io) in a 2 socket wand that already has +pnb skills (either spear or spirit will do good).

Like with all things, focus yourself to see an improvement. In terms of the game, focus your skills on the boner inside you (sorry, couldn't resist) and unleash it's fury! (damn i'm funny).

Ok seriously, focus on boner synergies and you'll see a difference. +skills is key for your guy.

g

3. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

Ok sounds like you have a solid build started. However you have made a mistake by putting point into skeletons. Pure Bone casters will rely on walls as tanks and protection. 1 pt in skellis is not even close to enough to be useful.

Curses - Decrep is your best curse for a bone caster. Lower resist will not do anything to magic resistances. ONLY ELEMENTAL.

That being said the second best curse for your bone caster will be dim vision which will blind your enemies as you mow them down. Finish maxing prison and wall then teeth. the bonuses to bone armor make that a priority.

Trangs is bugged you want fast cast rate with a bone caster. try to reach 75% mininum and 125 is ideal. I would sugest using other items. Trang gloves good for fast cast rate and curse skills, Homoculus is good as well, trang wing is pretty good also. Ammy I would shop/gamble to try an get a +3 poison and bone skill ammy. Otherwise mara's is good to +2 skills and resists.
    Silkweaves will be good boots for you b/c of the mana per kill and frw. Marrow are not needed since you already commited points into prison.

Full trangs is suited for poison/skellies... the bug is that you are locked to the vampire animation which is slow in casting and has no blocking. Trang helm is nice and belt too. A good armor would be upgraded viper magi or Que's wisdom. both are +1 skills and faster cast rates. Ideally shako is good +2 skills and life and mana boosts.

Dex for blocking is crucial plan on 166 pts for homoc and max block at lvl 80.
    A good wand of course is debatable depending on what you like I recommend shopping a +3 spear wand in act 1 or 2 in norm. Remember bone wands and above can have 2 sockets. isert a dol and io and you have a wand that is awesome+8 spear.

Nothing you've done so far is going to ruin your build but you have made a few mistakes that will take a bit to fix. But in all a sound build.

Have fun. :spy:

-EDIT dangit gvandale you beat me to this... grrrrr.

4. gvandale

hee hee

:yep:

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

@dairymizzan:

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

6. gvandale

It's like freakin clock work. I love it! :thumbsup:

fluffy g
    :yep: