Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My bonemancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by dymi, Jun 28, 2005.

1. dymi

dymi IncGamers Member

My bonemancer

hi

I wanted to build sth new. And i choose this strange (for me) class
    My plan is simple

20 x Bone Spirit
    20 x Bone Spear
    20 x Teeth
    20 x Bone Wall
    1 x Bone Armor
    1 x Decrepify
    1 x Corpse Explosion
    1 x Clay Golem
    1 x Golem mastery
    1 x Summon Resist
    1 x Preqs (3)
    Its 89 skill points. Completed at lev 78

Gear

Shako (Ptopaz or Um)
    Hoto (30 res all :( but still)
    Humunculus (spelling ? :)) with Pdiamond
    Soj
    Soj
    Skulders (ptopaz)
    Amu (need sugestion here)
    Arachnid (at lev 80, string before)
    Marrows (+2 SM)
    Trang gloves

Merc (might ??)
    Shaft
    Gaze or Tal Mask
    Perf Eth Bonehew (Amn,Amn) Sweet :)

Any suggestions ??
    Any changes ??
    How to deal with magic immune ??
    Is skulders and shako (also about 100 mf from charms good for mf). if yes then where (Pit, Baal, Meph, Cows ??)
    Stat placement (i am planning str 118 dex about 150 and rest vita)
    What with rest of skill points ?? Put it in skeleton wariors i think i can gain another 12-15 levels (beside 78 when the build is completed) so it will be
    quite nice backup with the plus skills or should i go revive or even CE ??

THX in advance and happy bone casting :)

2. Tyrranades

Tyrranades IncGamers Member

Sounds like an interesting build, you will be able to see the efficacy of it by about 70-75.

I can't quite remember how the stacking works, but with all the +skills a point in Skeletal mastery may be worth a hit then whatever you choose. It won't raise you a kickass army but certainly some distractions while you unleash those cruise missile bone spells!

Good luck with the build, I might give it a try myself since until now I've just had a summoner/poison hybrid (and don't like poison too much).

3. saveordie

saveordie IncGamers Member

Amp Damage followed by Corpse Explosion will make short work of magic immunes if you can drop a non-magic immune monster that is with the pack (such as the skeleton/reviver combo). I have had no problems soloing Hell (all acts) with my bonemancer.

You will want Dim Vision (level 15+) for Hell mode because Bone Wall/Prison will not stop the piercing missile attacks of those Bone Spear chucking serpents or Gloams/Souls. Parties doing Baal runs will thank you if Souls spawn in the throne room and you go in and shut them all down. Putting up Bone Walls in such a situation is not only useless, but will cause a lot of unhappiness with the other players.

Good Luck

4. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

First off, take a look at the stickies as most builds are there to view..and I am sure Mantis will offer you a brew soon ;)

Everything looks fine..the might merc however may be switched to act1 prayer as it synergizes with meditation. However having a supa might merc is good as well for magic immunes. As said though, Ce is really all thats needed once the corpses start dropping. A nice mid lvl set up is shaft, rockstopper, reapers toll..it can take you all the way thru hell as well. Imho, a single point is all thats needed in dim vision as you will have lots of +skills..Confuse with attract is nice for extra crowd control as well. Hybrid spear/summon I find it a bit more flexible in that you always have tanks about while u spam spear etc..but your bone dmg will suffer..up to you mate.

CE is great..a few more pints..I mean points ;) would be good there. I dont think you will really have enough points to make skellys worth it unless you plan on lvl 99..

Anyway, its all good and do have fun :)

5. saveordie

saveordie IncGamers Member

I agree with that statement also...I recommended 15+ in Dim Vision but meant to say "including +skills." IMHO, Confuse and Attract are fun to use and effective in certain situations but not as universally helpful.

I guess the real point we are both making is that a few points in the AI curses will save your butt in Hell and make the earlier parts of the game much easier. :cool:

If you make a White wand and have other +skill items, extra points in Corpse 'Splode aren't really necessary either. As long as your CE can reach all the monsters you have Amped.

My favorite tactic is to Dim the whole screen, Decrepify the monster(s) my merc/gumby combo is working on (it has a much smaller radius than Dim), Amp when the first corpse drops, 'Splode the lot of 'em.

6. dymi

dymi IncGamers Member

Bump i need more comments

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

It's a pretty straightforward bonemancer with MF gear. You've got resists, decent skillers, and you've broken the 75% FCR point which works fine in PvM. I wouldn't recommend the skeletons unless you're willing to shave some bone synergies for 1 in Skeleton Mastery and 20 in Raise Skeleton but then that would make you a hybrid. Either crank up Dim Vision, Corpse Explosion, Bone Armor, or get revives at lvl 1.

You might want to consider Insight on a Prayer Merc for the doubled up prayer effect or a Defiance merc to make you harder to hit. Insight is a pretty potent weapon in an eth collossus voulge but you will need strength enhancing items for a lower level merc to use it.

8. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Instead of mindless bumping, which is discouraged, you could try to be more specific and note the things you are having trouble with.

Bonemancers are plentiful and the threads about them as well. There are but a few people who still comment on these threads, so it is not a big surprise that it would take a bit longer before yo8u got any comments.

9. dymi

dymi IncGamers Member

Sorry Mad Mantis :(

I think that my questions were stated clearly in first post.
    Thx for all replies

Currently lev 23 and raising

10. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

People commented on the Merc, the remaining skill points and on some of the gear. From what I can tell the only things still missing is the places where you can MF. If you feel that you can deal well with the MI wave of Baal then he can be run nicely. The Three are always worth a quick trip. Meph is sure to give some decent drops eventually. A Pit run never hurt anyone.