Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Bonemancer in Hell

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by stuartpierce, Mar 17, 2004.

1. stuartpierce

stuartpierce IncGamers Member

My Bonemancer in Hell

My Bonemancer is around level 72, and he has had a pretty easy time so far. I have maxxed Spear, Spirit, Prison, and I'm 1 pt short of maxxing Teeth.
    All of the bosses have been easy -- crowds are actually harder for me. I have to Bone Prison everyone, and then Spear will slowly kill them. It's level 26, so it's doing around 1500-1600 damage. Takes quite a few to kill monsters, and then I run out of mana, but I have plenty of time to gulp down a potion, since the monsters are all in prison. I only use Spirit on the bosses, since it takes so much mana and only hits one target.
    The lightning immunes, I just imprison, switch to a bow, and my merc and I shoot them. I use CE when I can. The Viper Lair Temple was VERY slow because of the immunes.
    Now I'm in the Arcane Sanctuary, and I'm getting rushed by Unique Ghosts. I can't imprison them, and I can't kill them fast enough, before they start slamming me. I have to leave AS within about 20 secs.
    My wand has attract, but I'm pretty disappointed with that. My old wand has Decrepify, which I really miss. Awesome skill with even a few points.
    I don't think I'm ever gonna use Bone Wall, since I have Prison level 28 (1 mana to cast, over 3400 life). Do I need to pump Wall for the synnergies? I have 0 pts in curses/summoning right now.
    My equipment is very average. My wand has +3 to Poison/Bone, +2 to Spirit and +2 to Prison.

Stuart

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

You really should get curses. And the proper Merc.

3. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I say use confuse on those pesky ghosts, a wonderful trick indeed.

Confuse is the best PvM curse for the bonemancing necro IMO.

and to expand MM's post I say holy freeze merc is hands down the best merc for a bonemancer.

4. stuartpierce

stuartpierce IncGamers Member

Holy Freeze Merc

That merc works pretty well. His is able to use his long poleaxe to poke the monsters through the bone prison. He attacks them, but they don't get to attack him (at least the ones I've tried so far).

Stuart

5. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I agree with Necrochild313. And you can get some use of dim vision as well. It calms down the ghosts a bit. And the gloams later on.

6. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

also, put 1 point in clay golem, 1 in summon resist and 1 in golem mastery! Those 3 measly points will help you SOOO much. My 1 pt clay golem on my bonemancer stands up better than any merc I've had... and he slows people with his attack!

Not saying mercs are not useful, because they are very useful. I just suggest you get both a merc and 1 point clay golem.

Also, the curses are invaluable. Decrep, Dim Vision, and Confuse are all extremely useful at different parts in the game. 1 in each tho... your +skills should do the rest.

--fatty