My Blizzard-Fireball sorc build guide

Cryton

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: My Blizzard-Fireball sorc build guide

I'll give a common example to make my case. A mixed pack of melee and ranged CI critters with the ranged at the rear pelting you. With only Fball and bolt you Have to kill the melee first and keep getting pelted. With meteor you can drop a meteor on the ranged in the back and still Fball the melee in the front. As for the comment you can have more in mastery because of the prerequisites to meteor, it is a moot point because of the Much higher damage of meteor compared to Fball, not to mention one of those "wasted" points is a synergy to meteor. On top of that fbolt and meteor both give a 14% synergy bonus to Fball so no difference.
Or, you can tp 2 steps backwards out of range, and let the melee mobs chase you. Then finish them and bomb the range mobs.

Problem solved!:) The point is. Meteor is nice to have, sure, but not really needed.

After a while, when you get better gear, you find yourself not using meteor inbetween blizzard/fireball spamming. The reason is simple. With good gear you kill the mobs so fast that the meteor never gets to land before the mobs are dead.

Ghoulz

Diabloii.Net Member

Eh...

How does a 20 blizzard(20 gs or ice blast) compare to a 20 orb with -100 cold resists from cm?

Still doesn't appeal very well to me. Your left with a much weaker fireball. Starting out with little gear fireball doesn't pack a good punch even for a meteorb build. Orb just destroys though.

danc133

Diabloii.Net Member

Or, you can tp 2 steps backwards out of range, and let the melee mobs chase you. Then finish them and bomb the range mobs.

Problem solved!:) The point is. Meteor is nice to have, sure, but not really needed.

After a while, when you get better gear, you find yourself not using meteor inbetween blizzard/fireball spamming. The reason is simple. With good gear you kill the mobs so fast that the meteor never gets to land before the mobs are dead.
Just different playstyle. My way I'm damaging both without retreating so in the long run while questing I'm progressing faster. Your firebolt skill has no usage in hell my meteor does. One other kicker is meteor can and often does damage new monsters that walk into the burn after the ones impacted are dead. Gear doesn't make you a more efficient player just bragging rights on your LCS, with similar gear it boils down to playing skill and quite often skill will exceed gear due to efficiency.

First round is on me! :guiness:

D!