My Blizzard-Fireball sorc build guide

Miladys-Knight

Diabloii.Net Member
My Blizzballer in Ladder 2 is in hell diff with minimal + skills and is working quite nicely.

@ elias2 - I use snowclash instead of arachnids mesh since it gives +2 to blizzard and +3 to glacial spike. You can also get more skills from armor if you use Ormus, Valor, Chains of Honor, or Enigma.

@ SnOwBLiFe07 - Single tree sorcs are fine in party play or for magic finding certain boss monsters. This build gives maximum versatility and good damage in 2 elements and I can play in a party or solo just fine.

reebdoog

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd just like to chime in and say, I went with this build for my 3rd sorc, and it is by far turning out to be my fav.

Sorc one was going to be hydra/FO. Got her to 54, just wasn't digging it.
Sorc two was fo/cl. Got her to 73, but I had some wack stats/skills, basically cl wasn't doing jack.

Blizzball sorc is sorc3. She is teh awsome. By far the highest damage dealing character I have.

Stats.

Str95 for war travs
Dex base (not interested in blocking)
Vit everything else
Energy 100 (I hate running out of mana, hate hate hate)

Equipment

Full Tal's. <3 <3 <3
Magefist upgraded
War travs
Lidless pdiamond
Ring 1 +103 mana
Ring 2 7% resist all

She has +7 all skills +1 fire +2 cold mastery +2 fire mastery

The only thing I did different skillwise is I have 1 in frozen armor, as I'm not using snowclash belt. After all main skills are maxxed, I'm going to hit 1 static, 1 thunderstorm, mostly for s&g's. After that, if I "go all the way" I'll just finish off the masteries.

screamingpalm

Diabloii.Net Member
Okima said:
Wow, this is also what I was working on before the ladder reset, and is also my first sorc in new ladder.

Like others here, I have my own modifications to this build, which I've nicknamed the Blizzball sorc.

Skills
Firebolt 20
Fireball 20
Warmth 1
Firemastery 1+

Icebolt 1
Iceblast 1+
Frostnova 1
Glacialspike 20
Blizzard 20
Cold Mastery 5-7

Staticfield 1
Telekinesis 1
Teleport 1

Now, overall this isn't as flexible in attacks like Milady, you really only have Blizzard and Fireball to kill, and spike to freeze where needed.

Here my reasons on the changes from what other people have made:

Glacial Spike - Not as powerful, but freezes a group. This is mostly used in Hell, where I use it to freeze a group still so Blizzard can do the killing. The important part is the group attack to stop a swarm of enemies.

Firebolt - By not going to meteor, I'm saving 3 points which I can use to strengthen FM or add points to iceblast to increase Blizzard dmg even more. In the whole fire tree, I have no wasted points in pre-reqs.

Merc - I'm in favor of the HF merc. Enemies attack slower = less damage to merc and to me

Telekenesis - For FI/CI enemies, use Telekenesis. You can just spam it, and there's a chance of knockback. During the knockback, they are stunned and it's great for disabling the boss while your merc does his thing. I use this all the time for the Countess, just pin her to the wall, and the merc doesn't get hit, which kills her fast since the merc is not interrupted or goes into hit recovery. Despite what the summit says, the knockback/stun seems to work on normal sized superuniques.

Edit: The plusses in the skill lists are where extra points will go.

Heh I guess I didn't think of this first after all. I posted a very similiar build....almost exact....called "Ulimate mf sorc". Kudos to you for finding it first, this build is absolutely the best....hands down. Especially for mf'ing, but is so versitile that you can do it all. What makes this superior for mf'ing than meteorbs or other builds is the contol you have with your merc, consistently giving him the last hit. You can whittle a boss down to near nothing with static and blizzard, spit a fireball or two until the boss has only a sliver of life, then stand back as your merc finishes the kill....thus more mf. If your merc is tanking into a crowd, GS and freeze the crowd so your merc doesnt get mobbed as he gets the kills. It is definately the best build for mf'ing.

V12V12

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey All, I've come from my poor lvl 87 barb and decided I'm tired of being a poor weak useless barb b/c I can't afford Botd/Beast and the dreams of Enigma... So it's sorc time for MF: I was just wondering if someone could provide me with a decent balance between all the build-opinions in here?
I would like an up to lvl 50-60 guide of skills I should have, so I can decide if I wanna go another variation in this build? So many differing opinions, I just want to get started and go go go! Thanks all!

Miladys-Knight

Diabloii.Net Member
I use a meteorb for magic finding and my blizzballer for rune hunting and fun. Meteorb is probably the best bet for a starting magic find sorc but many of the other builds are good too.

NEURO_CKY

Diabloii.Net Member
good guide. congrats to the author. i finally may have a build that i can substitute in place of my meteorb sorc.....as she is starting to get a little boring and repetitious...thx!!! :drink:

CampKillYourself

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
I've always thought that blizz sucks w/ unmaxed synergies, but reading your guide I think it just might work well!

Congratulations very good infos! :winner:

P.S. your saying at the beginning should be "Chill 'em and Fry(not kill) 'em)

- Dennis

V12V12

Diabloii.Net Member
Miladys-Knight said:
I use a meteorb for magic finding and my blizzballer for rune hunting and fun. Meteorb is probably the best bet for a starting magic find sorc but many of the other builds are good too.
Hey, thanks for this wonderful build guide!!! Okay you said that you use Meteor + F-Orb for MF and Blizz-Fball for Runes etc... could you explain why one of betting than the other for MF/Runes? I thought that drops didn't depend on MF and were just a random algorithm luck of the draw? Thanks again...
--So far my sorc is a bear to deal with, all the potion whoring I have to do! I'm near lvl 20s and have a pt in GlacialSpike and it's just draining... anyhow I await your advice... :)

stevethatsmyname

Diabloii.Net Member
NEURO_CKY said:
good guide. congrats to the author. i finally may have a build that i can substitute in place of my meteorb sorc.....as she is starting to get a little boring and repetitious...thx!!! :drink:

CampKillYourself
yeah, neuro, i have bliz/meteor in SC and it kicks arse...

My gear is a little different from these guys' but its the same general idea (mine uses full tals for the +15% cold damage and -15% enemy fire resist, i think it helps a whole hell of a lot vs. high resist monsters.) I have 1.2k life before cta, ~ 1.7k life (after CTA) and 60% blocking (with ss :p)

Miladys-Knight

Diabloii.Net Member
V12V12 said:
Hey, thanks for this wonderful build guide!!! Okay you said that you use Meteor + F-Orb for MF and Blizz-Fball for Runes etc... could you explain why one of betting than the other for MF/Runes? I thought that drops didn't depend on MF and were just a random algorithm luck of the draw? Thanks again...
--So far my sorc is a bear to deal with, all the potion whoring I have to do! I'm near lvl 20s and have a pt in GlacialSpike and it's just draining... anyhow I await your advice... :)
Its because I have my meteorb loaded up with magic fing gear and the blizzballer loaded up with damage gear. Runes are normal items and magic find doesn't help at all with that so I can find and kill the countess quickly with the blizzballer.

V12V12

Diabloii.Net Member
Miladys-Knight said:
Its because I have my meteorb loaded up with magic fing gear and the blizzballer loaded up with damage gear. Runes are normal items and magic find doesn't help at all with that so I can find and kill the countess quickly with the blizzballer.
Okay in your (and everyone else) which build is going to be more fun? I've done a Blizz before and just loved raining down on folks. This is going to be my 1st dual build. What are the pro's and Cons (PvM | PvAll) of Blizz Vs orb? For Cows, Orb seems to be really nice and killing the large groups, but Blizz seems more defensively effective, but I'm not totally sure.... thanks

Miladys-Knight

Diabloii.Net Member
For PVP Blizz occurs as soon as you cast it. This means that they are all ready damaged before they can teleport out. Orb can be teleported out of completely before any damage is done. Slow missile works on orb but does not work on Blizz. Your opponents will have to have absorb in 2 elements and will have to stack resists in 2 elements.

stevethatsmyname

Diabloii.Net Member
dont duel with a hybrid sorc. please. dont.

Just pick an element and stick to it you will be doing so much more damage since

1) you get a buttload of extra damage from synergys
2) you can concentrate on 1 element's damage via. skillers/facets.

V12V12

Diabloii.Net Member
stevethatsmyname said:
dont duel with a hybrid sorc. please. dont.

Just pick an element and stick to it you will be doing so much more damage since

1) you get a buttload of extra damage from synergys
2) you can concentrate on 1 element's damage via. skillers/facets.
Thanks for the tips: Any Advice about the Pro | Con's of MeteOrb Vs BlizzBall?

stevethatsmyname

Diabloii.Net Member
its all about personal preference...

Personally i cant stand using orb so i stick with my bliz-baller

I have a pure orb sorc and a blizballer and it seems that my bliz-baller's blizzard is stronger than my orb sorc's orb.

Miladys-Knight

Diabloii.Net Member
Level 17 gives -100 to cold resistance to all monsters that have 0 cold resistance. This means that you are doing double damage.

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
MadWereWolfBoy said:
its a fun build but definately not for mfing hell meph...

takes bout 1 min or so to blizz meph to death...
Well, why would you only use Blizz when you have Fireball and Meteor aswell. As with most dual-tree builds THIS IS ABOUT UTILIZING ALL THE AVAILABLE SKILLS YOU HAVE.

Seems that has not gotten into most players heads yet.

Anyway! Miladys-Knight i am finally coming close to finish this build and i must say its awesome!!!! Whether i use Tal's set or my newly aquired unique setup with the most +skills i can muster, this builds shines and shines and shines :thumbsup:

After my latest Archmage build and Hydra/Orb, or even Meteorb this is by far the most fun build. What i like about Blizzard is that you can palce it somewhere and forget about it. Orb has always been about aiming into a direction and then spamming the whole screen, but to do so you have to be closer up to the group you want to dispatch off and that can be a real pain.

Combined with Fireball and the occaisional Meteor and ofcourse freezng with either GS or Iceblast, this build really packs all you ever wanted. :thumbsup: