Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Blizz MF Sorc Viable???

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by ks_necro, Mar 16, 2004.

1. ks_necro

ks_necro IncGamers Member

My Blizz MF Sorc Viable???

So here's basically the setup

Skills
    20 Icebolt
    20 Iceblast
    20 Glacierspike
    20 Blizzard
    20 Cold Mastery
    1Teleport
    1 Telekinesis
    1 Warmth
    1 Static???

Not sure what to max last... maybe one of the synergies?

Setup
    Shako (ptopaz)
    +3 Cold skills ammy
    Wizspike (fal?) - Gull dagger(switch)
    Stormshield (socketed /w ?) - Rhyme(switch)
    Skullders (ptopaz)
    Snowclash
    Nagel x2
    Magefist
    War Travelers

I plan on using this sorc only for meph, andy, and pindle.

Resistance: 75(wiz) + 30(anya) + 60cold 25light (storm) = 165 cold and 130 light. I'm in the positives with this setup. A couple of shimmerings and 11% sc will get me to max.

MF: 74(shako) + 124(skullders at lvl.80) + 29/28(nagels) + 37 :thanks: (travs) = 292% (base). With weapon switch i get +100(gull) + 25(rhyme) = 417%(switch).

Fast cast rate: 50(wiz) + 20(magefist) = 70%. Enough for me to hit that frame and teleport fast.

Skills: 2(shako) + 1(skullders) + 3(ammy)= +6 skills. If you add snowclash, i get +8 blizzard. I have about 4851-5130 blizz dmg with this. Not sure if this is decent for killing speed on meph.

Stats
    Strength: about 148 base for storm
    Dexterity: enough for max block
    Vitality: everything else
    Energy: base

I'm hoping to have a good amount of mf with a good killing speed. Hopefully, I can get this with the setup that I have. Resistance also plays a part, but I got that covered with my gear/charms. I can even add more mf with charms :clap: . Tell me what ya think. ANY KIND OF INPUT IS WANTED

2. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

That's very similar to my previous set up (except I used an Occy instead). She did perfectly fine. You should do fine with that damage on Meph. It takes only a couple casts to down him. Basically, it's perfectly viable. Have fun. ^_^

3. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

max a synergy last, get mastery up as one of the first ones.

4. ks_necro

I would use an occy, but the resistance would drop a lot. How'd you get your resistance up there in hell?? If I use an occy, I would have to switch my snowclash with an arachnid (for the 70% fcr). But the plus side will be the +10 to skills :drool: with a good mf %.

And yeah, I was thinking that I should max a synergy last and go with coldmastery.

5. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

definitely max ice bolt last, and ice blast b4 that, u want blizz and glacial spike maxed and CM to 17(with or w/o +skills) by around 65, then finish the rest...although u wont have everything maxed until like 97 i think it is..counting one point in teleport,static,warmth,and shiver armor(1 prereq)

6. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

I used a Skin of the Vipermagi and switched to a Skulders when I was Mf'ing (I'd switch it with my armor by putting Skulders on my Merc when I reached Meph or whatever boss).

7. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

you can use a lidless/wizspike combo for the 70 FCR and then switch to Occy/rhyme when killing. This will free up your belt and hands for chance guards and upgraded goldwrap. I also have 1 point to frozen armour, so even if I land in a pack of dolls, they get 1 hit, freeze, and gives me the time to tele my self along my marry way. I'd also use maras or talls ammulet to round out your skills more. You dont' need 5k blizz dmg. I have 4.5 k with my setup and I take meph down in 3 blizzard hits with a few ice blasts in between.

I pumped Cold mastery to 15 before maxing my synergies. Now at level ** I'll finish up the cold mastery for boss killing.

Act 2 ngihtmare defense erc with a reapers toll/ Gaze/ and duriels shell(Upgraded) will kill anything cold immune. And he'll kill them fast.

8. ks_necro

Hm..Thanks for the input :thumbsup: I'll take all this into consideration. Still not sure about the wiz/lidless to occy/rhyme switch. I use 56k while playing, not to mention my comp runs on a 400 mhz pentium II :rant: (so it'll be hard for me to teleport fast enough to get away from danger). For this reason, I use Storm for that 35% dr (45% total from shako). Storm also comes in handy for resist.

9. Dragonflyg1

Dragonflyg1 IncGamers Member

Maybe you should use trangs gloves instead of magefists for extra cold res to be safe. I have a similar build at level 87 and she pretty much owns meph, andy, pindle, and solo baal runs. But I'm thinking about the last 4 skill points. Would putting 3 skill points torwards getting enchant be worth it? It would provide 70ish fire damage, a 90ish % ar bonus, and fireball for CI's. My merc would be much better and I could also use it on allies. The fourth skill point could go into fire mastery or shiver armor. Of course I wont be getting to level 99 anytime soon, so should I sacrifice 200 extra blizz damage for enchant?

10. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

sounds like a winner,
    very similar to my build, cept i have ss and occy, then baba and rhym on switch
    i have about 640 mf and my killing spead isn't bad at all

i do andy, council, meph, and pindle
    one of the coucil is ci, so i skip him, but other than that, i rarely die
    most of my resist comes from charms, i have all about 50% in hell, wich is plenty for me

i'd say the bliz sorc is the number one best mfer to have for easy fast mf runs

11. ks_necro

Do you really need Maximum resistance for meph/andy/pindle :scratch: I mean, would 40+ resistance to cold/light/fire be enough to not die? If i switch over to occy/ss, I would have to sacrifice resist/fcr for +skills

12. cowtestickles

cowtestickles IncGamers Member

k i'm making pretty much the same build i wondering on stat points 100 strength,119 dex right now going to max block while using whistamas,136vit,80energy all them are base wut u guys think? where should i put remeaining stats point after i have max block like in vit or energy?
    and should i get energy shield?

13. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

So many Cold Immunes in the Pit, Be ready with a Great Merc. and Static!