Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Best MF'ing Necromancer Build in Hell WorldStone Keep Build. de

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by wc3promet, Feb 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wc3promet

wc3promet Banned

My MF'ing Necromancer Build in Hell WorldStone Keep. Please comment.

My MF'ing Necromancer Build in Hell WorldStone Keep. Please comment.

The title tells all.

1) A Pure Bonemancer will never be able to Solo Hell Diff Baal, unless you have a U'ber Merc because Baal's Mummies are IMMUNE to Magic!

2) A Pure Venomancer will never be able to Solo Hell Diff Baal, unless you have a U'ber Merc because Baal's Venom Lords are IMMUNE to Poison!

My point is that a Skellymancer is able to do what the other 2 builds cannot do. However, combining Corpse Explosion with a Merc and Skeletons might not be able to kill all monsters in Hell WorldStone Keep. Thus, we need another skill to kill.

With my calculations, after your initial skills, you should have only 22 to 41 Skill points to spend on the remaining skills.

Please assume that you only have 22 points left to spend because it is almost certain that you will never reach Level 99.

You could choose the following Skills:

1) 20 Points in Skeletal Mages.
    Dmg Done by each mage: 62 to 150
    Target: depends
    Speed: Depends on Mages' FCR
    No. of mages: 8 to 15

2) 1 point in Lower Resists,
    1 point in Iron Maiden,
    1 point in Life-Tap
    1 point in Poison Dagger
    1 point in Poison Explosion
    17 points in Poison Nova

% of Monsters in Hell Diff Immune to Poison: 25%

With +10 Skills,
    Lower Resists: -56% All Resists
    Poison Nova Damage: 356-376 Per Second
    Monster Poison Resistance in Hell Diff: 75%
    Final Nova Dmg: 288-304 Per Second
    Targets: Wide Area of Effect (As many as possible)

3) Marrowwalks => 33 Points Bugged Synergy in Bone Prison
    20 Points in Teeth
    3 Points in Bone Spear

% of Monsters In Hell Diff Immune to Magic = 5%

Bone Spear
    Magic Damage: 551-588
    Monster Magic Resistance in Hell Diff: 50%
    Final Spear Dmg: 275-294 Per Hit
    Targets: 1 (Unless Monsters stand in a straight line)

Teeth
    Magic Damage: 275-358
    No. of Teeth: 24
    Monster Magic Resistance in Hell Diff: 50%
    Final Teeth Dmg: 137-179
    Targets: 24 at MOST (Not all 24 Teeth will Hit)

If my calculations are not wrong:
    Poison Nova > Teeth > Skeletal Mages (As a secondary killing skill)

2. xxx2112xxx

xxx2112xxx IncGamers Member

I don't know. I think minions, merc, CE, and curses should be enough to take down pretty much anything. I'm only level 32 right now, but I've done A LOT of reading on necro builds and there seems to be a lot of success with the standard summoning build. I've read about supplementing with Poison Nova(and thats what I plan to do) but it was mainly for off-setting regeneration of Hell monsters, not for a killing skill. CE is great since you can up damage for either the physical side or the fire side with curses, depending on each monsters immunity. Once again, I haven't actually done it yet, but this is my understanding from my research. I would think equipment would be the thing to alter for Worldstone Keep rather than the build (i.e. lightning absorb).

Each new act leaves me wondering how my skellies will do. They haven't disappointed me yet. Quite the opposite, it amazes me how much damage they can take.

3. GriswoldsLegacy

GriswoldsLegacy IncGamers Member

you dont need an uber merc to kill the mummies. Just a decent one. Your teeth/bone spear will keep the skellies dead while he stabs them to death.

4. Ezuku

Ezuku IncGamers Member

I've been playing with a skelemancer, with TOTALLY untwinked equipment, and all I have to say is "WOW"

I'm level 72 now

Seriously, I can rush hell baal :D

I'm virtually indestructable :), I lagged out today for about 10 minuites (I thought I was dced so I went to go get food) and I came back to find myself alive and ticking :)

I don't use any secondary killing skill, as it's simply not nessesary.

The only thing I think of note is that in hell, you're main killer changes from your skeletons, to your corpse explosion (which you really should have maxed). I also find that a good high level might merc is ESSENTIAL. He kills faaar faster than my skeletons, and I can then CE the monster he kills, which pretty much kills anything.

Bosses are completly laughable. All you need is clay golem (level 1), decep (level 2 (I mucked up and put a second point into it by mistake)), and 1 cold mage (at slvl 1). Once that's on your boss of choice, they're completly defenseless since they can't even attack. Sure, it takes a while, though it's completly safe. To be frank, I'd like to try equiping some CB and joining in on the fun, though I don't have the nessesary equipment.

There are only 2 things I fear. Cats, and doors (the most fiendish designs of diablo)

5. Atompilz

Atompilz IncGamers Member

I know the feeling. My skellimancer is lvl 81, has 450%mf on weapon switch, and without weapon switch, i still have RS at 35, SM at 37, all my curses at 12 with only 1 point invested and 300%mf. I've never had this easy (and fun) of a time making it through the entire game with little problems (gloams being the only exception)And I still have like 18 points to distribute.

My only dillema right now is what to do with the windforce I found with him. I'd make an amazon, but I don't want to stop playing my necro. And for me, there's just not much fun in doing Baal runs over and over again, so one baal is dead, he'll just be for mfing.:(

They really did badassify necros in 1.10, I love it. (Yup, it's a word, look it up ;) )

6. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

I don't mean to be a prick wc3promet, cause at least this thread is constructive, but I said it in one of your threads last week and I'll say it again "To much math and too little experience"

A skellimancer in 1.10 can kill in hell difficulty nearly every creature including bosses with 43 skill points spent. Everything else you spend just makes you safer or faster. He doesn't need max CE or any other P&B skill. All he needs is 10 skeletons, 1 clay golem, 1 merc and Amp damage.

7. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

Comments on Solo Baal:

For a skelemancer, Max RS, SM, CE, soloing Baal in Hell shouldn't be a problem unless you meet the BlackSouls. What usually happens to me is that I get killed right away just after I go across the bridge next to the lvl 2 WP. I doubt if there is anyway to defend the BlackSouls. Bone Armor won't help because it deals with Physical Dmg only. Maybe some high Lightning resistance? I've got lvl 16 Dim Vision, but if there are three blacksouls, they can kill you by one shot if firing together. What I usually do is to hold SHIFT and direct my skellies to go first across the bridge. If I see some lightning, just quit and create a new game. It seems like Blacksouls don't appear on every game.

Skelemancer can solo hell Baal because 1) Tanks 2) CE. It's hard, if ever possible, to direct all your minion to attack on target first and get the first corpse. Sometimes if I realize the battle is really tough, usually signalled by 3 skeletons dying in 10 sec, I would retreat to the place where the last battle took place. I could get some corpses there, and the monsters would follow me. CE them and it works almost always.

8. Dausuul

Dausuul IncGamers Member

To Cerebron: You can kill Black Souls, but it takes some time. I normally quit out and make a new game if I find them on WSK2, just because it's too time-consuming to fight my way past them. You can "test" for Black Souls by casting your Clay Golem across the bridge and moving cautiously forward, re-casting the Clay Golem often to keep it ranging ahead of you. I use this "scouting" technique a lot in any area where there may be nasty monsters, like the Worldstone Keep or the Durance of Hate.

If you do want to beat the Black Souls (and I feel everybody ought to do it once just to show they can), you'll need some alternate gear that you can put on to fight them--said gear should give you maxed lightning resist and as many +skills as possible. Physical damage reduction isn't a bad idea either, since the lightning attacks have a physical component.

The trick is to seek cover and keep moving constantly. Skelemancers get used to being able to stand still, surveying the battle and throwing curses as needed, but that doesn't work against things with piercing attacks.

Whenever possible, stand around a corner from the Black Souls and let your minions deal with them, only popping out for a moment now and then to cast Amp Damage or Dim Vision. On those occasions when there's no corner handy and you have to approach them, don't run straight at them--zigzag, moving from side to side across the corridor as well as forward. You may get clipped by a bolt or two, but you shouldn't take too much damage. As soon as you're within range, Dim Vision them, but don't stop dodging! They may have friends elsewhere that you haven't seen. Keep running in circles while your minions do the killing, and keep casting Dim Vision everywhere until all fighting has ceased.

To wc3promet: Okay, first off, all three necro builds are capable of soloing Baal. As GriswoldsLegacy noted, a Bonemancer doesn't need an uber merc to kill the mummies. The mummies are wussy enough for any reasonably well-equipped merc to handle, especially with Bone Walls/Prisons to keep the mummies from actually doing any damage, and the one point in Corpse Explosion that all Bonemancers have to spend to get Bone Spear. And a Venomancer can simply lead the Venom Lords out of the throne room, park them in some distant corner of the Throne of Destruction, then use an item with teleport charges to pop back in and fight Lister. The latter tactic is rather cumbersome, but it can be done. (Also note that "pure" Venomancers don't really exist, since you can only dump 80 points at most into poison skills, and then only if you're clueless enough to max Lower Resist. Any sensible Venomancer is going to have at least one backup skill, probably either RS/SM or Corpse Explosion.)

Skelemancers do not need additional skills to solo Baal; Raise Skeleton, Skeleton Mastery, Corpse Explosion, and one point each in Clay Golem, Golem Mastery, Summon Resist, and various curses are enough. You could make a perfectly viable Baal-running Skelemancer and never spend any more points than that. However, since we have the extra points, we might as well use them.

As far as killing speed goes, Poison Nova is much slower than Magi for anyone not specialized in it (i.e., maxing all poison synergies). Remember, Poison Nova's damage is inflicted over a 2-second duration, which reduces its effectiveness significantly. I'm not sure about Teeth; possibly maxed Teeth, combined with the Marrowwalk bug, would kill faster than a strong army of Magi. However, the protective value of having a cluster of Magi around you makes up for that IMO--not to mention that poison Magi stop monster regen for minutes at a time (compared to the measly 2 seconds of Poison Nova), and cold Magi have that nifty slow effect that stacks with Decrepify and Clay Golem.

In any case, a Skelemancer's main killing skill in Hell is Corpse Explosion. CE does so much damage in Hell--thousands of points of damage per blast--that a little extra from Poison Nova or Teeth is pretty much irrelevant. The merc and skeletons are just there to tank for you, provide the initial corpses, and mop up afterward.

Oh, and you're still wrong about monsters in Hell having universal 50% magic resist. They don't. Likewise the universal 75% poison resist--where did that come from?

9. wc3promet

wc3promet Banned

[Politely] Please reread my post above, I have never mentioned that Monsters in Hell have a Universal 50% Magic Resistance or 75% Poison Resistance.

Good Point that you have made that Poison Nova takes up 25 frames, while Teeth takes up 10 frames (depending on your FCR). Necros lose to Sorcs in terms of FCR effectiveness.

Necro 125% FCR = Sorcs 75% FCR ?

10. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

I've got a lvl 84 skelemancer, and I can always solo Baal. Almost never die if I'm careful. Every monsters including Baal's bartenders are a laugh. The only inperfect thing is that it takes awhile to kill my friend Baal. I never timed it, but it's at least 2 min. But it's absolutely safe for the necro. Think about Baal being squeezed by 11 skellies, one glay, and a lvl 83 might merc who does 1300 dmg. Lvl 10 Glay + Dec slow down Baal so much that it seldom moves. If you have a lot of time and are kinda annoyed by frequent deaths, stick to a summoning necro.

Btw, I have 150% MF. Pretty pathetic among high level players. My friend Baal dropped all blue (the evilest color in D2X) items today. I called Malah's cell phone, and she drove to World Stonechamber to pick them up. I don't want to be fined for discarding trash. Did I just have bad luck or you guys actually have no words for me because I have nothing more than 5 pTopazs?

11. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

1. 1000% agreed. You post all these things you "find" about the game, and how bad the necro sucks. Go home.

2. As said already 5 times, a Skellymancer is perfectly viable for WSK. So are the Venomancers, and the Bonemancer's. Honestly, and idiotmancer could solo baal / wsk.

3. "UBER" anything is not needed for necro's atm. Maybe some odd variant.

4. PN is an effective skill. Not as a killer, as the dmg is weak in comparison to other skills, but for it's effectiveness in stopping regeneration. Example: This weekend, 8 dclone fights. 8 kills. MAX WARRIOR / MASTERY / PN / 1 ea curse / 1 cg-mastery-res

'nuff said

g

:yep:

12. venumb

venumb IncGamers Member

Do not doubt posion nova as an effective killer, until you see one built correctly. My venomancer has out killed every build he has grouped with, while doing baal runs. That includes the so called fastest killer, hammerdin. I get called hacker :( all the time by the clueless people who do not understand "- to enemy poison resist".

My venomancer has maxed poison nova + synergies, and is still able to have:
    lvl
    23 skel
    25 skel mastery
    21 CE
    21 BA
    10 lower resist and pre req curses
    10 clay golem
    10 summon resist
    10 golem mastery
    and fire skills from trangs set.

Which are quite good with lower resist. I don't see why the original poster thinks a pure venomancer can't solo wsk2 because of immunes. Why does the skelemancer get to use CE, but not a venomancer? I am able to have CE on my maxed venomancer. A venomancer is able to remove most poison immunes monsters immunity, and still kill effectively with the rest of his "- to enemy poison resist" gear. Even if the monster has 99% poison resist after lower resist removed the immunity, my gear will drop it down to 4%. Anything that isn't immune to poison, will NEVER have more then -50% resist to my poison after lower resist Thats why the venomancer is the king of pvm.

13. Dazze

Dazze IncGamers Member

summon nec is my choice for baal, its relaxing.

14. Royal_Paladin14

Royal_Paladin14 Banned

a bone mancer can easily solo hell baal. hint those ice skelly mages aren't immune.

15. wc3promet

wc3promet Banned

NOTE/WARNING:
    Corpse Exploding all those BAAL ICE SKEELY MAGES with Amplify Damage doesn't do ENOUGH DMG to KILL OFF all those MUMMIES.

16. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

Geez wc just when I see your beeing reasonable, thoughtful and posting a pretty good thread you bust out with pure annoyance.^^

Also I think I'm blinded from the above posters really long, really green post. :xx:

17. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

ROFL, I thought it was just me?

I'm not saying, that when maxed, with maxed synergies it's not an effective killer. I'm saying that with just PN maxed, it is not going to take down a pack of uniques in a5 hell alone. It will however be a huge help.

g

:yep:

18. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Too bad we can ban for for stupidity. Some of this junk he posts, especially after saying how weak the Necro's are before, just don't add up it seems. And to post the same thing in a different forum, and to get mistreated like a dog in it, WHY bring it here?

Is it me Beatboxer, or does the green poster make you want to get a Mountain Dew?

:drink: :yep:

HoS

19. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I've taken note that poison immunity CAN be removed from most monsters with a high enough level of lower resistance. Of course then you'd need a death's web (and preferably partial trangs as well) to effectively break through the remaining resists, so hell baal for a skilled poisonmancer could be quite viable. I should test this on the venom lords (or whatever varient) that he spawns that have this trait.

And for Solo Baal Runs (hint of the day: 1 player) CEing the mages while everything is amped should be enough to take down at least one or two of the mummies which would in turn take down all of the mummies, which would in turn take down superunique. Whatever HP that might be left would be able to be mopped up by just about any merc ;).

20. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

I run Baal with my Skelliemancer pretty quickly thanks to my merc's Hone Sundan. Kinda funny, but I stumbled on this because I had no 6 socket phase blade and my only crushing blow gear was rattlecage (runes for black, but that defeats the 6 phase blade stuff), so I was like well, what if I give my merc CB and voila, dead Baal. I guess you could get really evil on his *** and add Guillaume's face, and Rattlecage. Just my $0.02.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.