Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My "back to the classics" thread

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Breakdown, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Breakdown

Breakdown Diabloii.Net Member

My "back to the classics" thread

Well ive been playing diablo from the start and i havnt played classic actually for quite a few years now. Expansion is just getting too crowded and all the crap they have now a days is a pain in the ***. Im looking forward to LLDing and mfing for fun. any tips or words of encouragement are gladly accepted.

2. Locke07

Locke07 Diabloii.Net Member

Well as for Mfing goes you have 3 honest options. 1) Blizzard sorc- pump blizz cold mast Ice blast and then mix up between tele and other cold synergies, 2) MF Orb Sorc- Orb, cold mast, tele and rest into static and my personal Favorite 3) Find Item/WW barb- WW, Battle Orders, Mace mastery the rest between Find Item and Natural Resi.... those three are one of the best first chars to make so choose your favorite.... as for LLD there are tons of options and there is an LLD guide stickied here... well glad to have you and good luck, hope to see you on sometime, btw what realm are you playing on and Lad or non lad?

3. Amaruak

Amaruak Diabloii.Net Member

Thats exactly why I came back to Classic (again, but for good).

If your on Europe SC NL I play there too. *HellsDiVine2

4. ElDrunko

ElDrunko Diabloii.Net Member

I totally agree. Expansion has overdone it. But as for tips, I suggest making a blizz sorc and mfing Mephisto using the moat trick. I'm sure most of you know of this but what you do is teleport over to Mephisto, lead him towards his moat of blood that he has near the portal, teleport over the moat and get far enough away from him so he can't attack you but you can still see him. Pelt him with blizzard and collect the drops. Repeat. That's how I found my first SoJ last night. :D :D

5. Breakdown

Breakdown Diabloii.Net Member

east, ladder or nonladder will depend on which is mostly played, account name is still undecided

6. Locke07

Locke07 Diabloii.Net Member

I play USeast Non Ladder, but plan on playing ladder as soon as the reset. Non Ladder has a lot of duped items and whatnot I think ladder is more friendly anyway.

7. quadeddie

quadeddie Diabloii.Net Member

Hey, on-topic:

I read that when you buy the exp Pack you get the updated graphics that can run at 800x600. So, if I go buy it, can I run classic like usual, but have the upgraded graphics? :scratch:

8. Rawly

Rawly Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, and imho that is the only reason to buy the expansion! (graphics arent any different they are just at a higher resolution so you can see more of the level you are on).

9. quadeddie

COOL - I'M SOOO THERE. Circuit City, here I come.

10. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Thing is, Blizzard could have included the graphical updates into one of the patches(And we've had some big patches before). Since they flat-out refuse to do that, it's like they are stating "We cannot include the higher resolution in classic, because it's the only thing which gets people to buy LoD".

11. quadeddie

I went and got it, it's OK. I was actually expecting re-rendered sprite artwork for 800x600 (with the perspective and field of view about the same). :sad2:

I guess it's nice to see the monsters when they begin to aggro on you (previously, you just see them run onto your screen - now you see them when they see you). Getting the skill/stats buttons out of the way is welcome too (for those of us who have those buttons on the screen into lvl 40s when building a char).