Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

my assa... anything wrong ?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by greenfire10, Feb 4, 2004.

1. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

my assa... anything wrong ?

Hi all

I am planning to make myselve a new assa, for PvM use ONLY. It will be a NON-trap using assa (since i already have a trapper), depending only on martial and shadow skils.

I have made a set-up, including skill point allocation, and items use, which i need some comment on from the assa experts on this forum.

First the items:
    Claw 1: bar tucs
    Claw 2: bar tucs
    Helmet: shako
    Armor: chains of honor
    Gloves: +2 martial arts + 20 ias crafted gloves
    Belt: verdungo
    Boots: dunno yet, have to be myrmydion greaves for sure
    Ring 1: raven
    Ring 2: bul
    Amulet: mara
    Inventory: 8 * martial skiller + anni + some more sc’s

Skills:
    Tiger strike: max
    Dragon tail: max
    Phoenix strike: max
    Claws of tunder: max
    Dragon flight: 1 pnt
    Cobra strike: 1 pnt

Burst of spead: 1pnt
    Weapon block: 1 pnt
    Shadow master:1 pnt
    Mind blast: 1 pnt

All prereq’s 1 point

Total 94 points. (finished at lvl 82)

With this set up i will have +12 to all skills and +12 to martial arts, making the shadow skills lvl 13, and the maxxed martial arts lvl 44.

I am not so much worried with my stat points allocation, that will work out just fine over time.

So far … so good.

Now the questions:
    What to soccet my bar tucs and shako with?
    ? Jah for ITD in tucs?
    ? Resist all in shako?

Do i have enough ias to reach fastest attacking speeds? (i thought yes, but just checking to be sure)
    Or do i have to much ias? (in which case i can look for other nice mods on gloves)

In general.. will this work? Is there anything missing, or something i overlooked?

2. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

cmon all... i really could use some advice etc here...

unless you all think i have designed the perfect build... and that is a little hard to believe for me :evil: :bonk:

3. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Looks good. A few comments/suggestions:

1) Boots: Shadow Dancers/Upg. Gore Riders (I'd go with Shadow Dancers, you don't really need the OW/CB/DS)/
    2) Claw2: Possibly Jade Talons, if you can't get high resists in Hell.

Skills look fine(this is a pretty cookie-cutter TS/DTailer, in fact). Consider some points in FoF after maxing the other skills, to boost Meteor damage.

Questions:
    1) IMO, no. You should have more than enough AR, between the +40% from akimbo Bartucs and TS/DTail themselves.
    2) Sounds alright.

You'll need 26% more IAS on equipment to reach the speed cap on Kicks. To reach the speed cap on TS attacks, though, you'll need 42% more IAS. <this is assuming you're using Fade>

However, with your +skills, even 1 natural point in BoS will get you over the both speed caps with plenty to spare(even without the 20% IAS gloves, which you can switch out for something else, without affecting your speed).

4. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

thanks nali, that was the advice i was looking for... and indeed... i missed a few things.

the ias thing... i was pretty sure i needed another 20 ias or so next to my BoS, but that seems all set now. i will look for other mods on my gloves.

the jah in bartucs seems a bit of overkill indeed, might as well use that soccet for a resist all juwel to get resists to max.

i DO however still have one problem left... the boots.
    since i play NO ladder i don't think any of the options you gave are availeble :xeek:
    as far as i know upgrading a unique can't be done in NO ladder realm. and those nice unique myrmidon greaves can't be found :xx:

do you have any suggestions where i could get myselve a nice pair of myrmidon greaves?

thanks again
    GF

5. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Shop for magical ones with usefull mod (a friend of mine found blue myrmidon with 40% frw for example), or try imbuing white ones.

6. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

hmmm.. imbue... that is good one...

and where can you shop for these things ? larzuc hell ?

and indeed... just myrmidon greaves with 40% faster run seem all i need.

7. jrichard

jrichard IncGamers Member

You can also gamble a pair of rare boots. Rares can be upgraded non-realm, so you could find a pair of greaves or war boots with good mods and cube them up to myrmidon greaves.

jrichard