Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

my all around pvp barb. rate it please

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by nickalisk, Mar 22, 2005.

1. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

my all around pvp barb. rate it please

This was my first barb, im hoping i have not messed him up.

lvl 90
    4750 life with BO and enigma on
    all his gear (most his charms 3/20/20) are perfect, stats are perfect no exception, not even by 1 def point or -1 on his grief.

he is an axe barb, for bvb and bvc.
    i cannot but help notice that my friends barb has 6k life, ( he wears enigma only and is bvc)
    mine on the other hand has to have enought str to equip steelrends and fortitude. it doest do 2 badly cept maybe against good javazons.
    i have all perf switch gear 2 ^^
    so can my barb continue to lvl 99 and become a dream dueler or should his gear b stripped and traded to make my perfect FB sorc/another barb?
    his name is God_Lee
    my last name is lee so i kinda attached to him :lol:

all legit gear, on uswest ladder.

str around 110
    dex enough for max bloc at my lvl
    energy base
    vita the rest

2. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

:rolleyes:

Anywho.... Yeah, everything appears to be in line.

3. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

First off, bring up anything to do with "legit" "dupes" etc is a bad idea on this forum. I myself am indifferent since I use dupes, but some people just cant seem to let it go--everytime a dupe is mentioned they just HAVE to bring it up. Who the hell cares?

anyhow, if you want some more detailed replys on your barb, you need to post all your gear, skill distribution.

your life is way too low, if you're using all 32020's, I doubt it; otherwise soemthing is wrong. You use 2x 3wc weapons on switch rite?

Steelrends=sux imo. The ed might be a bigger boost since you use grief/fort switch, but dracs saves you 15 strength (rends strength boost is usually worthelss since it usually is the highest strengh requirement gear on a well built barb), in addition to having 25% OW (OW owns in bvb).

Give me more info on your barb, but from here I can see you need to remake with less strength (i.e. drop the rends).

4. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

3/20/20s are on ladder? :scratch:

me wants some too. :D

5. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

When did so many legit 32020 appear in West Ladder. Also your bud has high life probably because he is BvC only so he has base str and use BP Enigma.

6. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

4850* life
    and he does fine against all duelers (only lose to poison/boners) no one else. i split pretty evenly with boners, but the posison really bites, any poision resist items u can direct me 2? it really kills me, any swithc that can provide good resist but still maintain teh ablilty to take out a boner/poison with stacked minions?

7. Inuyasha

Inuyasha IncGamers Member

Wow.... that is really... really crappy life.

There is no legitimate reason whatsoever to have any less than 6k, ESPECIALLY with so many duped 3/20/20s.... I mean, even my really crappy barb with almost no good charms (using multiple FR/W GRAND CHARMS. *shudder*) has 60030 life.

Also, Str it too high, which may be what is contributing to this lack of life. I'd imagine against most truly good casters, you'd get taken down pretty fast. But then again... you are on ladder...

8. Sword & Shield

Sword & Shield IncGamers Member

Yes dont we all....

Ok first off, do you use Enigma or fortitude?
    You mentioned Enigma, when you told us your life, then you say you only have enouph str. for Steelrends and Fortitude. Either way, you have toooooo much str, for Archon i would have 80 str. tops.

Switch from Steels to Dracs, OW is more important in PvP then Crushing blow for a WW barb.

For this i would start over, for me even 1 str. would make me start over.

9. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

ed% is the reason why some people prefer steels over dracs.But overall yes ow from dracs is superior.

Rik

10. pAnda_fury

pAnda_fury IncGamers Member

yeh...too much strength...
    for poison resist you can try atma's ammy, carrion wind ring, venom grip gloves or sandstorm treks....cant think of any others off the top of my head

if you want you could prebuff each poison necro duel with an antidote potion.
    some people dont like this but it is often hard to notice.

)pAnda(

11. semisonic9

semisonic9 IncGamers Member

I was under the impression that Dracs were BM because of the % to cast lifetap, but everyone seems to use em. What's the deal, o knowledgable ones?!

Also, yeah, even I think ur str is way too high. Think of it like this, every point u missed putting in Vit cost you at least 4 life, with a conservatively built BO that's still over 8 afterwards, even discounting +life from gear (BK rings, anyone?) and Enigma when equipped.

Because, realistiically there are many times when the Def. is not gonna come in handy (smiters, anyone?) I support lower def. barb builds if ur def is coming at the exp of str and therefore life. Melee-wise, dex for a good block is probably more imp[ortant than Def.

12. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Well, I think any barb who uses a shield will have 75% blocking, its all or none. You VERY rarely see barbs using a shield, but not having max (or damn near it) blocking. Of course, if they dont use a shield, such as a pure BvC, then they wont have the dex for max blocking... But I dont think any barbs go all out defense, using a shield, at the cost of not maxing out their blocking.

Also, for psn resist, deaths gloves are always handy.

13. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Dracs are fine for WHIRLERS because Life Tap cannot trigger when using whirlwind. That's why they're not BM for that build. For other builds, it can be considered BM, since LT can trigger with them.

The real reason people use them at all is simply because of the massive Open Wounds.

-Hal

14. semisonic9

Didn't know that about the ww, thanks.

15. semisonic9

Death gloves actually are BM, btw. My barb never had trouble with resists, seems kinda odd that others do. Um an Arreats and SS, those help a lot, obviosly. Other than that, more in natural res and/or +skill gear would be nice.

16. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

What? Since when? Who makes up these rules. If I was a SC dueler, or if I still played D2, I think I must say I would pay no attention to these "certian items are BM" rules, especially when its like deaths gloves...

I wouldnt go make build characters for the purpose of using these "banned" items, but hell, if some poison necromancer wants to attack me, I'm gonna slap on some deaths gloves... I suppose thats one of the perks of hardcore dueling, nobody ever complains about the use of certian items, since everyone uses everything... thats how it should be in my opinion.

Matts perfect dueling world would be... No maphack, no chickenhack, all else goes.

-Matt

17. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I'm not a barb expert but I dont think his str is WAY high.

I would consider 156 str necessary for ss

Assume 20 stat annih
    +20 str Arreats
    156-40 = 116

Now also assume you want to be decent all around thus you have 2 setups one is w/ enigma vs. casters (wont need any str for anything after this)

Other is for fort vs. melees ... would need to find 6 more str. at 110 which is easily doable.

I personally think the sacrifice of 30 stats or so would be worth it to be more effective vs. all. Am i missing something ? :rolleyes:

I guess it all depends if you want to be more effective vs. casters or vs melee or both.

18. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

ladder barb = req str of arreat/coa/grief zerker (whichever piece of gear has the highest requirement on your build), minus anni, dracs.
    non ladder barb = req str of enigma, minus anni, dracs, duped classic rare barb amulet.

to be honest i think you're giving up way too much vit/dex if you can put on steelrends unless you're botd/beast weilding. be sure to carry those +2 str scs until you're level 76 (unless you're on non ladder, or if you want to wear your gear before level 76). not to mention you'll be a total naked badass. make sure no matter what you have a comfortable enough str buffer so you dont have corpse problems. just my .02.

19. Gfighter88

Gfighter88 IncGamers Member

heh too bad but its ok

dont know about too high str because my build does fine strictly melee but i havnt lost more than 15 melee barb vs barb duels.

personally i dont like the idea of using the rends or the dracs or gores. personally i debate over which combo to use melee barb vs barb i use ik boots gloves and belt which i think would be good for your barb becaue the extra caster resists no pois neccesarily. i dont have an enigma yet but i have used one which i do like it but maybe vs pois necs use a upped or even a regular venom ward? socketed with a gul rune not sure if the extra 5% max pois resist would add up but i think it does. either way replace some charms with faster run/walk charms with mod of life or no mod, so that you can catch em and give em a whallop.

but if you like the teleport from the enigma perhaps a upped radaments sphere socketed with a gul???

anyway using venom grip not as effective as having ik boots gloves and belt i think
    open wounds get an eth razor i could say more but i gotta finish some papers for tomarrow.
    anyway i await the follow ups =D
    :D

20. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

actually the highest strength gear you wil probably ever need to equip should be ss.
    CoA is 99% only effective with engima.

and dont come and say "oo what if u use this other armor"

no, engima/fort/duress only armors worth considering :)