Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My account giveaway contest.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by nosoup4crr, Feb 1, 2004.

1. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr IncGamers Member

My account giveaway contest.

Alright, fellas. It's the end. Over the past 6-8 weeks, diablo has recorrupted me. It's become a negative impact on my life, as I have very weak willpower, haha...and have let it interfere with classes and my relationships. So...I am here to say now that At 7p.m.EST, next sunday, I will be giving away my account. Over these past few weeks, I've accumulated a good number of items. They include:

Boneweave Enigma Runeword
    36 res all HoTO
    18/10 griffon eye
    Tal's set
    IK set
    Mavina's Set
    Trang's set
    Griswold's set
    3x shako
    2x stormshield
    2x oculus
    2x 48 war travs
    34 war travs
    23 mara's
    Herald of Zakarum
    2x skulder's ire
    2x arachnid sash
    2x verdungo
    And I'm sure plenty more that escapes my mind right now

The acct also includes a magic finding, level ** meterorb sorceress, equipped with Tal's armor, belt, and ammy, topazed shako, oculus, stormshield, travs, 14 7% mfsc's, gheeds, and annihulus. Also a level 87 IK concentrate/WW barb.

Now, rather then selling my acount on ebay, and making a pretty mean profit...I've decided to not be hypocritical. I hate the economy of duping and hacking on diablo, and have long believed that the monetary value of these items are what drive this economy. I believe that diablo has the potential to be great...it has just been corrupted by a few misled individuals. So...instead, I'm fighting against these persons, and for the good that i believe exists in the diablo community.

Now, I'm sure you're asking...how do I get the account? Well...my account will be given, next sunday, to the person that I feel has contributed the most good-feeling around the daiblo community. I'd like for people do good deeds on diablo. Help people with leveling, monsters, helping them out with items...whatever...as long as it promotes good feelings. To recieve credit, I'd ask that you put screenshots of your work up on the thread, so that all can see. If you don't know how to do this, I'm sure it can be explained for you. IF all else fails, and you can't find a way, just save the picture, and send it to my Email an [email protected] with the subject "diablo contest"...and I will do my best to publish them myself. Now, I realize that this contest is also subject to corruption...so I'd ask that those of you with mal-intent try to resist the urge. Don't fake the helping. I'll try my best to be objective. Hopefully something good can come from this. If there are any questions, post on the thread.

Thanks, and good luck.

Chris

2. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

Give it seperatly with a contest i can help you if you want :)

A contest of wits, survival, and sexyness o_O

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

I would hate to brag, and that's what it may seem like, so if you don't mind I will just send you a picture.

4. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

I love helping people out but i don't think i've ever taken a screenshot of it....... I'll see what I can do and i might have a few screenshots. Things include helping people with any and all quests, free rushes back in .09, items to whoever needed them, transfers for people i don't even know, reequiping people who say they've been hacked (which could be true or not), helping people get their bodies back after being pked, i've even helped a guy relvl/items after he got pked in a nm game. I'll try to find some screenshots and i realize that's what your main thing is so i don't know if this will get me the account or not. But if anyone reading this needs some help I will be glad to assist in any way i can.

P.S. I realize u could think that i'm lieing or whatever so i will do my best to back it up to u.

5. nosoup4crr

It's alright. The point, though, isn't what you've done in the past...but what you'll do in this week. You have a week to do the most good as you can, and spread some positive vibes. I mean...I think it owuld be more fruitful than magic finding, anyway.

6. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Its a good idea, but I will continue to just help at my normal pace, if I did otherwise I would feel like I was "just helping for the items" and not just helping in the spirit, if that makes sense to anyone.

to those who does go out and legitimatly help people, I hope you do some real good and give some warm moments to someone and to nosoup4crr, its really nice to see someone who doesn't just give into the greed and realize that these little pixels can actually bring joy instead of dollars. Cheers!

7. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

I hear u chaos, after i wrote my thing i was like helping all those people wouldn't really be for the right reason if i did it for this nice account and it would go against most of what i stand for. So i hope everyone who takes part in this is nice to people for the right reason, not just this account. As an ending note, i hope everyone has a nice day and enjoy the super bowl!!! :D

8. Smith

Smith Banned

Wait, I've got a site going that is going to be doing give away contests for people who signup. Would you be willing to donate your items to it? It would be a great start and bring in lots of people.

http://inevitable.leamhost.net/forum/

I really hope you want to do this, please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks =).

9. xlodtraderx

xlodtraderx IncGamers Member

i've helped tons of people...but i never saved the screenshots, so im gonna start to day...i have no web hosting so ill just send the pics to u k?

10. Smith

Smith Banned

If you want me to host the pictures for you, just get me on AIM at BowToSmith

11. nosoup4crr

I don't want you guys to think that this is an unrewarding venture. I believe that the end would justify the means. Say you did feel a little bit selfish, and want the items. Think about how many people could benefit from your own want of items. I dunno. I'd like to see this take off, but it seems like it's a bit cumbersome to a few. It also seems like i will need some web hosting, as most will inevitably end up sending their pictures to me. If someoen would be so kind, I could use a site, and also instructions as to how to post pictures on it. Thanks...

12. Smith

Smith Banned

nosoup4crr, I'd be more than willing to set up a section for you on my webhost.

Is it possible for you to download AIM and contact me? My name is BowToSmith, and I could help you with anything you ask. I know it's hard to give up items, which is why I've started 'the Stash,' a give away program (http://inevitable.leamhost.net/forum/).

Just ask and you shall receive.

13. Si1enta5sa5sin

Si1enta5sa5sin IncGamers Member

14. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Register an account at www.geocities.com or www.angelfire.com

If you made a geocities account, sign-in and look for the EasyUpload utility.
    Browse to the files you wish to upload, then click upload. Links will appear as follows: www.geocities.com/accountname/filename.fileextension

If you chose to do an angelfire account, sign-in and look for the WebShell. Once there, you should see an uploading area. Browse to your file and hit upload. Links will appear as follows www.angelfire.com/sitelisting/accountname/filename.fileextension

The sitelisting is something like /ex/ or /biz7/ or /alt3/

The best images to upload are ones with a .jpg extension. If you chose geocities you may have to place a space after the filename and extension to view it properly. Both sites have ads, but are free.

@Si1ent

Don't trust that picture, it looks like a fake to me....

15. Smith

Smith Banned

Or, I can offer you a non-ad, free site using a host I bought. I want to help you, even if I can't receive your items to give to others.

16. Si1enta5sa5sin

Si1enta5sa5sin IncGamers Member

what!! dont you see my shako and stormshield and black sword?! no way its fake, id have to be a blizzard animator to make it look THAT much like the real thing.

17. xlodtraderx

and uh...how are we suppose to show that we've done a good deed...and by making us do this isnt it just showing that we're doing a good deed for items...? Dont get me wrong, i want the account just...wondering

18. Smith

Smith Banned

He wants to give the account to someone he feels is worthy, and who deserves it through helping others get what they ask for. There are alot of mean and untrustworthy people out there, people who scam, people who exploit, bad people. He wants to give it to one of the few good people still around after all the hacking and exploiting of 1.09, and I can't blame him, I'd want to give my items to people I could trust.

19. xlodtraderx

i cant use geocities...i've hosted pics there before and they deleted my account...so if its okay with u ill email u the pictures...me and my friends are busting asses off for the next week so were gona have alotta screens

20. Smith

Smith Banned

When you send them, please make sure they are in a .zip/.rar compressor and all are .gifs, if you can switch them to .gifs.

The file size will be ALOT smaller that way.