Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mutilation vs. Circumcision vs. Piercing

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Anyee, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

Mutilation vs. Circumcision vs. Piercing

While contemplating my next piercing (I'm thinking of going for a quad navel piercing, but anyway), I came upon the following story.

In Georgia, a law originally meant to stop female circumcision aka female genital mutilation as metamorphosized into a law that prohibits any type of modification to the female genitalia...including piercings. Both male circumcision and male piercings are left untouched, so to speak. :cheesy:

Now, no one disputes that FGM is horrific, since it may involve cutting off the entire area (being vague so as not to be censored) and not just taking off a tiny piece of skin. But piercing? Voluntary "mutilation," and only of women? Odd.

2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

pierced clits make cunilingus even more fun :drool:

why would a woman want her genitals mutilated anyways? is it just extremist chastity?

3. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

the 4 navel would be kewl.. i was thinking of a double, but i suppose i should get a single first..

*sigh* if only i weren't such a wiener.. i also want an industrial.. but i've seen too many bad scars from the results of improper piercings that it makes me not really wanna run out and get one

anywho, i don't understand the georgia thing, i can sorta understand the circumcision/mutilation thing.. but that shouldn't include piercings, genital tattoos, etc.

4. Zkin

Zkin IncGamers Member

im neutral in this,. its your body.

5. th5418

th5418 Banned

How do you circumsize a woman? Do they do it to the clitoris? What the hell do they cut off?

6. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

Not a matter of want. It is an ancient, usually african, practice done to make women chaste and pure until marriage. It is done usually without any sort of anesthetic or sterilization and ends up leaving the woman permanantly scarred, making sex and childbirth agonizing. The law was made in GA in support of a little girl whose father cut off part of her genitalia with a scissors in order to fulfill his wish for her to be pure even though the mom said no.

And to be more graphic...and I apologize because there's not better was to say this: the process may range from merely snipping off the clitoris to removing the entire labia minora and majora, aka the whole area.

7. Night

Night IncGamers Member

That's silly.

However, I'm all for a law prohibiting circumcision unless its the persons choice, not their parents.

EDIT:
    " The law was made in GA in support of a little girl whose father cut off part of her genitalia with a scissors in order to fulfill his wish for her to be pure even though the mom said no."
    My stomach lurched in disgust when I read this.

8. eddy

eddy Banned

Honestly the basis for the creation of the law is dusturbing, yet also lacking any reason. . . obviously a child cannot understand the rammifications of such operations or piercings. Yet an adult should be able to make such a decision themself.

9. Gigas

Gigas IncGamers Member

Oh, Jesus. I don't even have a vagina, and that crap makes mine hurt when people talk about it.

10. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

oh my god thats sick. I don't even have a vagina and that makes me shudder.

11. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

The reason for the circumcision of females I can see being a law. The peircing I cannot. When was the law created that banned these acts?

12. Starfishied

Starfishied IncGamers Member

I've one seen a documentary on one of the cable channels and they circumsized young boys as some kind of cultural rituals. Oh yah, fresh knife under skin without anesthetic. It kinda grosses me out.

13. Night

Night IncGamers Member

I think forced circumcision is a disgusting act that should be abolished, personally :)

14. ragnar_ii

ragnar_ii IncGamers Member

I totally agree. I guess if somebody truly wanted it then it would be ok, but this kinda thing should never be forced.

15. Silvermyst

Silvermyst IncGamers Member

Anyee, you also forgot that they sometimes stitch up the hole with barely enough room to pee, so that when the poor woman in question gets married to her oh-so-lucky husband, they get to remove the stitches and enjoy numerous Sexually Transmitted Diseases together !

...*shudders*

16. Night

Night IncGamers Member

What's that have to do with STDS?

17. Silvermyst

Since there's barely enough room to pee, there's little-to-no room for cleaning, hence it gets dirty pretty quickely, and after a good 15-20 years (guessing), who knows what would develop.

18. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

Ummm... eating here...

Obviously it's extremely ****ed up for a father to do that to his daughter, or for anyone to do that to anyone without thier consent. Pretty much anything else, as long as it's consenual, is fine with me, as long as it doesn't affect anyone else.

It may make me sick to hear about certain self-mutilation acts, but anyone screwed up enough to do it isn't going to be stopped by a law. The psychological compulsion goes far beyond mere choice.

19. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

STD's are Sexually transmitted, so if it is stitched up there is no sex, and thus no STD's. (Unless she is sharing needles or something.)

20. Silvermyst

Fair enough, my bad. But don't all diseases have to start from somewhere? Don't you need a carrier in order to get a STD?

Either way, it's not healthy.