Music volume?

Fluffballer

Diabloii.Net Member
Music volume?

I already know the answer to this is "you can't", but is there any way to turn the D2 music volume up louder than the sound effects? If I turn down "sounds" it also turns down the music volume. If I want to hear the music, by the time I've turned my speakers up loud enough to hear it, even my footsteps sound like thunder, and at one point, my bedroom window broke from the vibrations.

I think the music in D2 is quite good, especially the old school Tristram and Jail music that are from D1. And everyone's favorite, the act 2 desert music! So funky!

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Extract the music with GAP, save them as mp3s and run them in the background with WMP or whatever player you prefer. It should work perfectly provided your computer has a reasonable amount of RAM (256 or more).

I've had GAP on my computer for a couple of years and frequently use it to extract ambient sounds from games for use in tabletop D&D. I no longer remember where I got it so you'll have to google for it. Also be sure you download the appropriate plug-in for D2 vanilla and LOD so that GAP can prebuild a songlist for you.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
You could do that

Dredd said:
Extract the music with GAP, save them as mp3s and run them in the background with WMP or whatever player you prefer. It should work perfectly provided your computer has a reasonable amount of RAM (256 or more).

I've had GAP on my computer for a couple of years and frequently use it to extract ambient sounds from games for use in tabletop D&D. I no longer remember where I got it so you'll have to google for it. Also be sure you download the appropriate plug-in for D2 vanilla and LOD so that GAP can prebuild a songlist for you.
Or you could just go here.

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Those are fine too, unless you have dial-up internet.

GAP can extract all sorts of neat unused easter eggs in this - and many other games as well. It's a very worthwhile utility to have. :thumbsup:

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you have a tiny bit more information (like from the about window?) about GAP? It's a bit difficult to google for "GAP" :)

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
The original site listed in the readme is down but this one has it. Good luck! :)

EDIT: Might as well add that it can take a little bit to figure out so be sure to read all the documentation.