Music to set the mood

Killing Frenzy

Diabloii.Net Member
Music to set the mood

As my girlfriend pointed out the other day, music with yelling and screaming in it isn't exactly very romantic. Well at least not to her anyways. ;) So now I'm left scratching my head and pondering away at what cd's I could possibly buy that would be romantic.

Any suggestions?
 

Akira

Member
I suggest sigur ros, it's really peaceful, the girls will probably like it because it sounds nice and if you get really "into it" you'll tune it out no problem.
 

Eff

Banned
alot of that smoothe jazz freet posted would be good to..eh...set the mood. heres some of my softer favorites: funki porcini, do make say think, barry white (awww yea), dj krush, pink floyd [dsotm], the herbaliser, coil, and...wait...

roofies work best
 

cotton

Diabloii.Net Member
I've always liked Bob Marley. Its soft and smooth without being over the top in a Barry White sort of the way, and it conjures subliminal messages of uninhibited Carribean beaches. "Turn Your Lights Down Low" and "Satisfy my Soul" are good places to start. Add some rum, coke, and a lime and you're good to go.
 

Technetium

Diabloii.Net Member
Get some Beethoven. Try:

5th Symphony, 2nd movement
3rd Symphony, 1st movement
6th Symphony, 1st movement
7th Symphony, 1st movement
8th Piano Sonata, 2nd movement
14th Piano Sonata, 1st movement

You could also get his two compositions which are referred to as "romances".
 

Phantom_Man

Diabloii.Net Member
Cannibal Corpse, if for nothing else but to poke fun at her horrible tastes in romantic music.

That, or Michael Bolton's 'Can I Touch You There?"
 
Technetium said:
Get some Beethoven. Try:

5th Symphony, 2nd movement
3rd Symphony, 1st movement
6th Symphony, 1st movement
7th Symphony, 1st movement
8th Piano Sonata, 2nd movement
14th Piano Sonata, 1st movement

You could also get his two compositions which are referred to as "romances".
yes classical roxx0rz, i like dvorak esp.
 

Professor Blasto

Diabloii.Net Member
Radiohead - OK computer
Ours - Distorted Lullaby
Slipknot - ...uh, the new album (I don't know what it's called, its pretty mello compared to the last two)
 

rplusplus

Diabloii.Net Member
Anything cool jazz or smooth jazz.

If you have satellite or digital cable just set it to the smooth jazz channel and go to town.

R++
 
I'll be honest with you, I love his music, I do, I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, it doesn't get any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".
 

Phantom_Man

Diabloii.Net Member
TurdFergusen said:
I'll be honest with you, I love his music, I do, I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, it doesn't get any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".
Straight out of Office Space.
 

Eff

Banned
Eff said:
alot of that smoothe jazz freet posted would be good to..eh...set the mood. heres some of my softer favorites: funki porcini, do make say think, barry white (awww yea), dj krush, pink floyd [dsotm], the herbaliser, coil, and...wait...

roofies work best

+ Jimi Hendrix- Electric ladyland [album]
 
Top