Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Music is rapidly consuming my life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lostprophet, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Lostprophet

Lostprophet Diabloii.Net Member

Music is rapidly consuming my life

And I love it.

I have always had a love for music, but only recently has my passion for it really transcended into love. Almost every waking moment I am either singing, listening to, or otherwise creating music. I am constantly picking songs that would accompany my current mood, the current situation, the current scene in a book I'm reading, or a movie that I script in my head as I go. My next couple of months are jam-packed with concerts that I am going to attend; one next Tuesday, another the following Monday, April 7th, April 9th, April 10th, April 15th, April 27th and 28th, and more that I'm sure are going to crop up. I have done my best over these past several months to single-handedly keep the RIAA afloat, buying upwards of 15 CDs in that span. I'm reasonably sure that when I sleep at night, if you walk by my room, music can be heard emanating from my subconscious. Sometimes, when I lie awake and can't fall asleep, a cool three or four note progression will drift through my mind, and I'll have no choice but to go downstairs in the dead of the night (we're talking midnight-1ish) and pick it out on our piano. Even my love life has been affected; my current romantic interest shares an almost identical taste in, and passion for, music, and I frankly can't imagine dating someone who didn't understand the beauty and meaning to be found in music.

So why did I make this thread? Nobody knows. It certainly doesn't strike me as a topic ripe for discussion. I guess I'm going to cop out with "the music made me do it" :D.

2. Ev_

Ev_ Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to my life. You knew I'd reply to this one.

Music has got to be one of the greatest things in all of history. It's been around forever, and it can speak to each and every person in a unique way. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being criticized for loving music in general. It's one of life's healthy obsessions.

In my room, my computer is always playing music. If I'm not in my room, I've got the house's surround sound turned on to the radio or a cd. If I'm driving, my iPod is playing through the tape deck. If I'm walking somewhere, or waiting somewhere, my iPod is in my pocket and headphones are in my ears. On plane flights the only time I'm not listening is during takeoff and landing when they make you turn stuff off (a stupid rule for things like iPods, IMO).

I wonder how much space in my head is taken up by memorized lyrics, melodies, and drum beats. I can sing or hum along to at least 2/3 of my 6500 song collection.

3. Donkey Button

Donkey Button Diabloii.Net Member

I've always been pretty obsessed with music but lately I got my new guitar and I've been playing it every second of my free time. It's so awesome.

4. Eff

Eff Banned

hehe, 90% of me is music, but i don't know how to expand on it in an origanal manner. i like being intoroduced to sounds i didn't know about and i love introducing other people to the things that i;ve found. glad to know about the interest, i'll check out your lists every week, Ev_...er, the ones i don't know already [...radiohead]

5. Riegn

Riegn Diabloii.Net Member

Music is my life. I spend at least 4 hours a day minimum thumping on my bass. Best thing iv ever found to keep me busy.

6. Technetium

Technetium Diabloii.Net Member

Same here, although due to suckiness I don't play an instrument. :-(

My CD collection (of real CDs, mind you) is at around 200 CDs and I expect will top 500 easily. Actually, I am discovering music I like at a much faster rate than I am able to buy, so who knows where it will level off at?

7. Lostprophet

Lostprophet Diabloii.Net Member

Amen, good sir. Slightly contrary to this is the fact that I actually, uh, bought a CD... tonight, after making this post. Heh heh.

But um, yeah. Fundage.

8. blu3l1ghtn1ng

blu3l1ghtn1ng Diabloii.Net Member

Music is great. I love listening to it in the morning, totally makes my day.

9. Riegn

Riegn Diabloii.Net Member

My cd collection was up to 200 or so, then my car got stolen and all gone, Funny the cds were worth more then the car

10. Keldaris

Keldaris Diabloii.Net Member

I am never without music. Weather it's my discman/mp3 player, my computer, or my stereo there is always music playing around me.

11. Echod16

Echod16 Diabloii.Net Member

and to follow with all these 24/7 music demigods/esses, i listen to 2 hours of music a day!

unless you count the fact that i leave my radio on low at night...

but just because i don't listen to music ritually...I still feel jipped when i can't hear some songs everyday...or at least a song I qualify as "good"

"let's groove" by Earth wind and fire

12. rplusplus

rplusplus Diabloii.Net Member

I would say that Music consumes a good 10% of my life. And it is time well spent. Nothing relaxes me more than music. If I am someplace and there is no music I immediatly start drumming or humming.

Life must have a soundtrack.

R++

13. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Freet is never going to let you near the OTF beer fridge again if you keep talkin' like that.

14. rplusplus

I have for months lived without beer. I cannot live without music.

R++

15. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Saltwater. . .beer . . .equally good at killing brain cells.

16. rplusplus

Don't forget Jetfuel.... I love the smell of JP5 in the morning.. It smells like... Victory!

R++

17. Killing Frenzy

Killing Frenzy Diabloii.Net Member

I've got a small fridge in my room that I'm fixing up to store beer right beside my computer. So pretty soon I wont even have to stray far away from my computer when I want an icy cold beer. :D

Oh right, music...

Um... I like music, uh, alot!

18. KnightFall

KnightFall Diabloii.Net Member

"Music was my first love, and it shall be my last,"
    "Music of the future, and music of the past."

Can't remember what song this comes from... all I remember is singing it at a French holiday camp years ago, because I was the only English speaking kid there.

Anyhoo, music with me is like the tides, I will go through patches of buying and listening to alot of music. Then I wont really buy or listern to it for a few months. It changed alot when I moved out of home and started renting with friends, they are not into the same kinds of music to me so I listen to alot less now. My car is my temple to music. Spend alot of time driving so spent lots of money on a decent set up. Thing is I got a new car recently and haven't got round to swaping all the gear over yet (big scary job!).

KnightFall

19. StarStageGurl

StarStageGurl Diabloii.Net Member

Music is my life. Well, almost. Even though music isn't playing all the time because I am not as fortunate as some people :pand do not have surround sound in my house, it's playing in my head all the time. Even the wind inspires this music to play. Since my dad got me an ipod during Christmas, it has become my new best friend. Also, I hope to do something music related in the future.

I gave up my only free period for an extra music class...

I love Shrek1 and 2 sooo much partially because of the soundtrack.
    I just watched La Choristes today. It is a wonderful French movie about a school of "bad" boys who learn to sing.
    The Legend of 1900 has a super soundtrack and storyline as well. If you like jazz, you'll probably love it.
    Together , my favorite Chinese movie is about a boy who's really talented on the violin. Wonderful soundtrack there.

Has anyone watched Ray yet?