MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
Music industry in Australia takes a big step

Music industry raids Kazaa offices
ok it's not a top story or anything, just would like to Inform the People

check out the Link
for the full story

Michael Speck said:
"This sends a very clear signal to Internet pirates in Australia that the game is up," he said.
The game Isn't up yet...

...Im not 100% sure if these Discussions are still allowed or not, if they are not, please delete my post

guspasho

Diabloii.Net Member
Why wouldn't it be. But what I want to know is who gave the music industry the right to enforce the law? That's just all kinds of ****ed up.

Anakha1

Banned
Someone needs to put a big impersonating law enforcement officers smackdown on the music industry.

I'd be suing their asses off right now.

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
This isn't really all that new. The software industry's version of RIAA does stuff like this in America all the time.

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
Anakha1 said:
Someone needs to put a big impersonating law enforcement officers smackdown on the music industry.

I'd be suing their asses off right now.
I myself don't think Sharman Networks will take this...at least not anymore. It should be time they really start fighting back. Probably with one hell of a Lawsuit...somehow... I dunno how they will be able to file one, but they probably will Find Away.

Technetium

Diabloii.Net Member
If they tried to force their way into my home and they weren't legal law enforcement with legal permission they'd find a bullet in their heads, just like any other criminal that breaks into my home.

And I don't even have any of their mp3s. :-D

cougar

Diabloii.Net Member
this is absolutely ridiculous. The RIAA is really playing with fire now.. if they continue on this trend, the mass public is going to erupt, and those top exec's are going to be looking for new jobs.

Just the rich trying to get richer at their the people who put em there's expense.

guspasho

Diabloii.Net Member
Underseer said:
This isn't really all that new. The software industry's version of RIAA does stuff like this in America all the time.
cougar said:
The RIAA is really playing with fire now.
It's not the RIAA, people. It's the Australian equivalent, the ARIA. They have their own different laws. And they apparantly permit corporate vigilantism.

Perhaps Sharman Networks should hire their own goons to go over to the ARIA's offices and rough them up a bit.