Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Murphy's law

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by centralk, Mar 24, 2004.

1. centralk

centralk IncGamers Member

Murphy's law

1. When you are muling your hard find treasure....there will be a realm down.

2. Lag comes the same time with that big bad monster giving you a heavy blow...

Please feel free to add on...

2. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

3.You spend 30 minutes creating a killer witty response to a thread only to find Zappa has locked it!

3. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

you spend 2 hours trying to trade for an item and once you get it, you find it on your next mf run

4. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

The smaller the item, the harder you feel it's loss when bnet revokes your muling permit.

It's just an angelic halo ... but I was _reaaaallly_ looking forward to using it since I'm 12 now.

5. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Oooooooo, Stimm, that has happened to me so many times I can't count!

Let me add a little to that rule...

You spend two hours trading for an expensive item, spend half your wealth on it, and you find it on your next MF run.

Usually, this will happen on:
    Tal Armors
    Tal Ammys
    Arreats
    Skullders Ire
    x/x/20 Vamp Gazes
    Shakos

6. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Ot.....

Conner... I find your avatar.. quite amusing... esp the "humping" style executed properly...

Addition:

During any type of PA... the PA'er will always forget to buy TP Scrolls and will be forced to leave the game and rejoin.

7. slick4hire

slick4hire IncGamers Member

:bonk:

Or you do like I do... Spend 2 hours trading for an item for you or your merc and find out you need 10 levels or more strength to use. This is speaking of level 75 plus, of course, where levels are coming harder and harder...

Conner: Your avatar reminds me of that scene in Super Troopers... If you haven't seen it, you are so missing out...

:lol:

8. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

One of my favorites is making a nice runeword, then turning around and finding a slightly better armor, etc then one you just used. Goes double for upgrades. :rant:

9. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

You find Tal Rasha's armor with 0% magic find when your character with 500% magic find can't. THEN, your character with 0% magic find dies before you can mule it away (yeah, hard core).

Masa

10. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

No bad things ever happen to me. I must be charmed. :lol:

Oh yeah, the lag one. How could I forget?!? When your PC is crap, of course the more monsters with more mods that happen to be charging your character, the worse the lag will be. :rant:

11. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

One more instance that happened to me a while back. I was messing around when my friend JB messaged me asking if i wanted to Give him BO on his sorc so he could do meph and maybe i could do Pindle in the interim. So i bring my IK barb with a whoppping 90% mf give him bo and hop into pindle and he drops me tals armor. After 14 renditons of the 4 letter overature between us both i gave him the armor after he expresses how long he has been trying to find one running baal. Next run he drops tals again.

Murphy's Law part 1: Youll find the item your friend is most seeking but not the one you are.

Murphy's Law part 2: You ll find the best items when you least intend it.

12. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

18) You get a good conversational thread going and someone comes along and kills you *coughs* Conner *coughs*

13. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Take his head.

You just create a dueler and go out to fight....BAM dh. Time to make a new dueler.

Gogo 1.09

14. WNxBeeky

WNxBeeky IncGamers Member

You spend months wearing an IK helm, eventually trade for an arreats, put it on, walk through a tp, and die from your first monster you attack. - FE Council member. (actually happened)

15. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

You equip your dueller with your last set of truly godly gear, better said in his stash, prepare to unleaseh a mighty whack at the world and then get killed by treehead dumb **** ... bye bye 500 life on charms, 55'% ED 61 to max shield and god knows what else I have luckily forgotten.

16. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

You never find what you are looking for so I never look for anything!

As soon as someone says "my character rocks" you find he died.

A Friend has the ghetto sorc using the finist in makeshift gear and not have much luck so you decide to "share the wealth" and throw a few bones his way to one up his livability and increase his probability and he dies 5 runs later!

I have always found that good things come to those that give good things away!

17. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

You are a member of an untwinked team that has a fire sorceress and a cold sorceress and orb after orb and staff after staff that drops has +nova skills, +lightning skills, etc.

18. The big "T"

The big "T" IncGamers Member

Murph's Law 3.4.2.1 - That merc you spent significant time lvling; who wanders around aimlessly; who gets caught behind corners; spends a lot of time looking at the sky or playing in the dirt; costs no small amount of dough to resurrect; finally decides to lend a hand; kills a boss; boss blows up and u r reading deeds.

19. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

Not allway's true, went out to do some eld and shenk coz i needed the unique necroshield, 3 runs and it dropped, same thing happened at meph's, i needed skulders and i found 1 the first run.

About murphy's law: When i'm writing here about the unique necro shield i cant remember the name, eventough i have 3 necro's who all wear the unique necro shield^^.

20. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Actually, I saw it on the WoW site and thought it would be a nice avatar.