Multiple Questions

AlphaMagnum

Diabloii.Net Member
Multiple Questions

I'm not entirely sure if these questions should go here or in the strategy forum....but what the heck.

How exactly is Barbarian Whirlwind damage calculated (per hit)? Is it your regular attack damage plus X% of your weapon's physical damage (along with an increased attack rating)?

Does the Fortitude Runeword actually enhance your damage (based on weapon's physical damage) by 300%?? That's absolutely insane, because it ALSO gives resists, defense, and +to Life! How exactly DOES enhanced damage work on non-weapon items? Does it add to your damage based on your weapon's TOTAL physical damage or the base damage on the weapon itself? If it is the former, wouldn't ED on non-weapon items be MUCH more effective when you have a runeword enhanced weapon? As a side note, would this be effective on a PvM Barbarian?

How exactly do the (based on character level) mods work? Is it based on your character's level when you either comple the runeword/pick up the item? Or does it constantly increase as your level does?

Also, how does one actually get the 10k defense and 10k attack ratings described by high level players? The highest mods that I've seen for attack rating are either individual 300+ to attack rating or high % to attack rating items. There are higher numbers for defense as well, but it just doesn't add up. If dexterity plays a large role, how much do you get to each of these stats per dexterity point?

Thanks!

ispankpigeons

Diabloii.Net Member
not good enough on stats to answer your first two, but the third ones easy

the based on character level mods go up and down with your character level. for instance if the armors on a level 1 mule, the stats will read a lot differently than if it were on a level 81 character.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
AlphaMagnum said:
Also, how does one actually get the 10k defense and 10k attack ratings described by high level players? The highest mods that I've seen for attack rating are either individual 300+ to attack rating or high % to attack rating items. There are higher numbers for defense as well, but it just doesn't add up. If dexterity plays a large role, how much do you get to each of these stats per dexterity point?
Those +300 attack rating mods are added to the base attack rating, which is then multiplied by AR% from skills and such. This is where players get such high AR.

mr hamster

Diabloii.Net Member
Still bit fuzzy on the damage calculations, but off-weapon is multiplied AFTER on-weapon, so yea, Fort will basically 4x whatever damage you had after the damage bonus ON your weapon = mad pwnage

bobofuzzlymunky

Diabloii.Net Member
Still bit fuzzy on the damage calculations, but off-weapon is multiplied AFTER on-weapon, so yea, Fort will basically 4x whatever damage you had after the damage bonus ON your weapon = mad pwnage
it doesnt raise it 4x, i dont know the formula/calculation or w/e but it cant be that much. my old zealot went from 5k zeal with coh to 7k zeal with fort, so its not a HUGE raise but definitely impressive. as for a pvm barb... if u have the runes to waste (which i always do for my barbs, i <3 them, real hard) id say use nigma and get 2x hotos on switch. (skills,fcr,res(when teleing to baal) even with no fcr the barb has the same starting fcr BP as a sorc so it isnt too bad if you only want to use it to jump occasional walls/etc.

AlphaMagnum

Diabloii.Net Member
I see...And I believe that no +% Damage from ANYTHING will impact elemental damage that is given by items/charms/etc. Right?

EDIT: Any word on the Whirlwind question?