Multiple Events tournament - rules & signup

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Multiple Events tournament - rules & signup

Multiple Events Tournament (SPHC)

1. Hardcore Single Player, no Multiplayer allowed

2. Untwinked, however, you can mule the items off to special stash, from which you can mule back on your char.

3. Trading IS ALLOWED between tournament characters. According to SPF rules, runes cannot be traded.

4. Skill selection. Skill selection is free however you can get bonus for tougher/original build. Each player have to write something about his character.
I want people to mention:
1) skills where more than 10 points will go or skills being used frequently if they are not "standard" - so that's why I didn't write anything about 1-point wonders as Nats resists, Find Item, Battle Cry, Battle Command in my own example. (See the previous thread)
2) play style (2handed/1h+shield/ranged/hybrid)
3) type of mercenary if it is original (A2 mercenaries are common)
4) anything special. (like going with only 2 skill-trees )

There will be a jury (me, Cormallon and the 3rd juror will be choosed from entrants), each juror can give you score bonus for your build. Total score bonus will be averaged. Each juror can give from 0-35 points, in my scoring system 35 points means half the points from the whole difficulty, but this amount of points will be given only if going really strange builds (as 1-tree warcries barbarian for example), so each player has to consider if the bonus in score is good reward for playing really weird and weak character. My advice is to play what you think will be fun for you, don't worry about bonus points.

5. Item restiction. Characters can use only white/blue items (normal,superior,magic) without restrictions. This includes mercenary item slots.
Character can use 1 socketed item with jewels/runes.
Character can use 1 runeword item.
Character can use 1 rare item.
Character can use 1 crafted item.
Character can use 1 set item.
Character can use 1 unique item.
In other words - character can't use more than 1 socketed/runeword/rare/crafted/set/unique item at the same moment. Mercenary item slots count into this, so if character wears a unique, his mercenary can't wear another one.

Magic/normal items with sockets counts as magic/normal as long as jewel/rune is not placed into them. Then it becomes socketed or runeword item.
Rare/craft/set/unique items with sockets still count as rare/craft/set/unique even if jewel/rune is placed into them.
Gheeds Charm is considered unique. Facets are considered magic, you can place multiple of them in your sockets.
Under specific circumstances your character (+merc) will be allowed to wear more items of the specific type. See the next rule.

6. This is the key of the tournament: Multiple events. I will declare first 3 events now, other will be declared during the tournament.
EVENT 1: Set hunt. First character who completes and sends me any set will be granted to wear 1 addidtional set item.
EVENT 2: Destroyer. First character who completes Normal difficulty will be granted to wear 1 additional rare/crafted item.
EVENT 3: Black Hack hunt. First player who makes a screenshot of an evil boss named Black Hack will be granted to choose one item from the prize stash. (Changed) I will use the prize stash from RSB tournament as the base for this one. The actual list of items is here.

7. If your character dies, you must send me a stash immediatly. Then you can start another character, but you lose winning prizes from events, and your score. You cannot mule from your previous characters' stash.

8. Every area can be rerun, but only 2 times (3 runs in total).

9. You can use any player settings.

10. SCORES:
(changed)
1 point for each waypoint (including those town waypoints).
1 point for each quest done (you are not forced to collect rewards - Imbue quest is done when you return Malus to Charsi).
2 points for killing Cow King.
2 points for completing the difficulty.
-------------------------
70 points per difficulty.

11. Prizes:
You have to donate any good you find. Decent rares, very decent grays (generally no grays without good automods), very decent blues (charm skillers), all uniques / sets. If you find anything you want for yourself (rare grail item for example), you have to ask me politely if you can keep it.
When tourney ends, the whole prize stash will be divided between players acording to their tournament rankings and quality of donated prize stashes.
Items cannot be taken from a dead character.

12. Tourney will start at 03-01-2005. You cannot start unless there will be a new thread "MET tourney starts" started by me. I will try to found the thread at 00:00 GMT-1. (It is important because of Destroyer hunt event)

13. When the interest becomes low, or most of the participants die, the deadline will be declared. No update for a month - the deadline will be declared.

14. The Winner is the player, whos character has gained the highest score up to the deadline.
If there will be two with the same score, they will share prizes and glory.

15. My mail: hrus at hrus dot net

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Notes for evaluation of the characters (for jurors):

0-35 bonus points for character, not less, not more.

This is not strict:
0-5: cheesy builds like fishy's, meteorbs, hammerdins
6-15: other ranged builds.
16-20: "safe" melee builds - for example shield and defensive capabilities
21-30: original builds, less "safe" melee builds (2handed)
31-35: weird and tough builds.

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
As if I don't already have enough going on with with the Planner's Delight and Quick Tournament. But I can't resist, so I'm in!

Meet Clarissa the MA Amazon!

I'm going to max magic arrow, place a point in FA for crowd control, and a point in GA for Bosses. The rest of her points will go into the passive tree. I'm going to max Valk and invest 5-10 hard points into Decoy. I'm going try to get D/A/E and Critical Strike to ~50% with +skills. I'm going to put as many points in Penetrate as necessary to keep her Chance to Hit reasonable (with the bow tree AR bug, this may be a significant investment.) The rest will go into Pierce. She's going to go base Energy, enough strength for equipment, and the rest will be split between Vitality and Dexterity. She's going to use a Fire Rogue merc.

-Cat

Edit:
Hrus said:
Character can use 1 socketed item with jewels/runes.
Are gems included here as well?

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Cattleya said:
As if I don't already have enough going on with with the Planner's Delight and Quick Tournament. But I can't resist, so I'm in!
Well, I am really struggling with my mind wanting to join Quick tourney 3, but I really have not enough time. (But the signup deadline is 28-FEB? We will see...)

shermo

Diabloii.Net Member
ok, i'll get the ball rolling.

"Macca"

Holy shockadin.

I'll be going the normal shockadin route, max holy shield, max holy shock, max resist lightning. I'll put one point into fanaticism for li's, and the always useful vigor will probably get a point after the big three are maxed. Remaining points will go into sacrifice for the zeal dmg synergy. Hopefully I'll be able to find a nice scepter early on so I can get my zeal up to 5 hits with only one hard point into it, otherwise i might put a few more.

My mercenary will be a blessed aim one. My cth will be very nasty since this will be untwinked.

gib me um rune!

edit: far too slow

edit 2: I'm writing this off the top of my head, for dealing with fe and im, i'll keep throwing weapons/bow on switch

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrus said:
Well, I am really struggling with my mind wanting to join Quick tourney 3, but I really have not enough time. (But the signup deadline is 28-FEB? We will see...)
Join us... [/zombie]

Actually the "A Quick Tournament" deadline is the end of April (I may have to start referring to it as AQT so people don't harass me about the "quick" part. :D ) So, you have lots of time to decide, and no pressure to rush the character if you decide to join.

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright this sounds go good to pass up.

Elemental necromancer
20 raise Skeleton mage
20 Skeleton Mastery
20 bonewall
1+ lower resist
1+ CE
probably going with a fire golem too.
Act 3 lightning merc.

2 handed weapon/ bow on switch.

Cormallon

Diabloii.Net Member
corax said:
Alright this sounds go good to pass up.

Elemental necromancer
20 raise Skeleton mage
20 Skeleton Mastery
20 bonewall
1+ lower resist
1+ CE
probably going with a fire golem too.
Act 3 lightning merc.

2 handed weapon/ bow on switch.
Bah... that's just the build I had in mind. You beat me. Now I have to think about something different.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Cattleya said:
Edit: Are gems included here as well?
Yes, socketed item=item with at least 1 socket with a socket filler (but not runeword). Gems are included here.

Horobi

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm in, with a Druid called Panoramix . Don't know wether my build will work but we'll see :p .

Werewolf 15
Lycantrophy 10
Fury 20
Oak Sage 10
Grizzly 10
PreReq. 5
_______________+
Total 70

Any points after that will probably go into Lycantrophy and Oak Sage. My merc will be a Act 3 Cold merc. And I'm using 1Hand/Shield.

Corrupted

Diabloii.Net Member
1) Skills
20 Werewolf
20 Lycanthropy
20 Oak Sage
20 Feral Rage
20 Fury
6 Summon Dire Wolf

2) Play-style
2-Handed

3) Mercenary
Desert Hireling - Might Aura

4) Specific:
Only Summon+Shapeshift

Horobi - I'm not changing my mind just because you wrote first :-]

Pico Dynamite

Diabloii.Net Member
Skills~
20 Firestorm
20 Molten Bolder
20 Fissure
20 Volcano
10+ Oak Sage

Merc~

Act2 Holy Freeze/Defiance (not sure yet)

Play Style~

I'll use all of the Druids fire skills I mentioned, using my merc to tank while I lay down fissure/volcano. For individual monster targeting, I'll use firestorm, and for fire immunes I'll use molten bolder and volcano. I'll use one-handed weapons with a shield, and on my switch I'll have either a wand of amp damage or lower resist (if I find one) with a shield.

erimatbrad

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, I can't resist.

I call for your attention:

Jiandaughterz, a Blaze Enchantress!

20 points in Warmth, Enchant, Blaze, and FE.

Who needs a second element!

Edit: I'm serious. No SF. No teleport. Really. Who NEEDS a second element?

Gaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, As mentioned in the previous thread I am going to be playing a Grizzly-geddon-bear.

Skills

10 Lyconthropy
1 Werebear
5 + Shockwave

1+ Grizzly This point here I am really torn about. I may want to put more points into grizzly for the additional damage, but as I have vrey little experience with druids, I am not so sure, and I might want to put some points into dire wolf to increase the grizzlies life, but again I am not sure.

20 Geddon
5 fissure

Due to the fairly point intensive nature of this build there are two areas that I am not sure of. The first is the number of points in shockwave. There will be at least five, but should a longer stun time be required, more will go here.

Secondly, I am also unsure of the number of points in Grizzly. I am tempted to go with more than 1, but this will be based on killing speed. If I find I need more damage from the grizzly more points will go there.

Otherwise the rest of the points will go in armageddon synergies, mainly molten boulder and volcano. These two might skills might be used in certain areas, namely Arcane sanctuary and Maggot lair.

Play style will be predominantly 2 handed with shield for areas that resists are needed.

For my merc I am going to use an Act 3 Cold merc. Until this merc is available I will be using an Act 1 cold merc.

Cormallon

Diabloii.Net Member
I thought about what to do instead of my necro plan (hey Corax, good luck with that!) and decided to do the following:

Druid Alamutha

Skills: single tree elemental, maxing cyclone armour, tornado, hurricane, twister.

Stats: Str: enough for equip, Dex: Going for high block (60+), Energy: base (or at least only very few points, we'll see), Vit: Rest.

Merc: act 5 barb (act 2 defiance until barb is available).

Playstyle: He will use a shield and a 1h weapon, with a bow/crossbow on switch. Depending on my experiences, the ranged weapon may become his primary though... I never played an elemental druid before. I'll try to get some amp dam somehow (perhaps I'll find a wws, hehe), or lower resist wands.

Gaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Damn, just read cormallon's post and realised I left the stats plan out, so hear it is

Strength +-135 (enough for equipment)
Dex none
Energy none
Vitality Rest

Immortal_Slayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, even with only the weekends to play, I have decided to join in this tournament as well.

Introducing, Muradin, the two handed berserker (based on Nightfish's guide).
Skills:
20 Berserk
20 Battle Orders
20 War Cry
10 Howl
10 Mace Masteries

Stats:
110+ Strength
50 Dex (just to be safe)
Rest in Vitality
None in Energy

I will probably be using an Act 3 Cold Mercenary as my backup to crowd control since this guy could be killed very easily by being mobbed before being able to put up a warcry.

-Slayer

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
I will join too :)

Introducing Druss, 2handed Berserker.
(Anyone reading Gemmel?)
maxing damage:
20 Berserk
20 Axe mastery
20 Howl
20 Shout
rest pre-reqs, 1-point wonders and Battle Orders

I will be using Act2 NM Holy Freeze mercenary, Defence mercenary until then.

Edit: Going STR for gear and VIT only (until using some axes that need DEX too)

@Corrupted: don't worry about being mobbed, it's easy to use warcry when monsters are coming to you, then one more time to stun additional monsters. You should be pretty safe.

@all: I will evaluate your builds later, (2 or 3 days before beginning?). The most of the entrants will be signed until then.

Gaz

Diabloii.Net Member
@ Hrus

I know I only signed up yesterday, and I was really looking forward to this tournament, but I am going to have to withdraw.

Good Luck to all those who enter.

Immortal_Slayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Immortal_Slayer said:
Hmm, even with only the weekends to play, I have decided to join in this tournament as well.

Introducing, Muradin, the two handed berserker (based on Nightfish's guide).
Skills:
20 Berserk
20 Battle Orders
20 War Cry
10 Howl
10 Mace Masteries

Stats:
110+ Strength
50 Dex (just to be safe)
Rest in Vitality
None in Energy

I will probably be using an Act 3 Cold Mercenary as my backup to crowd control since this guy could be killed very easily by being mobbed before being able to put up a warcry.

-Slayer

Hrus, do you mind if I change my skill set up a bit? Because before, i didn't check and i thought that Warcry was a synergy to berserk...So if you don't mind, could i change my skill alocation to :
20 Berserk
20 Battle Orders
20 Howl
10 Shout
10 Mace Mastery

And also, i would like to change to a HOly Freeze Merc as well...Sorry for the changes...

-Slayer