Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

multiplayer is dead here

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by csarmi, Feb 3, 2004.

1. csarmi

csarmi Banned

multiplayer is dead here

what's up with everyone?
    Is there something I do not know of?

2. Lotek-Crask

Lotek-Crask IncGamers Member

I'll be willing to play MP with you, as long as we do my rules =P HC, lvl to 12, then duel. only white items, no assassins no pallys. We'll have fun. =P

3. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

me I have diablo at home and internet at work. so never mp for me

4. csarmi

csarmi Banned

Tx.
    Well, pm sent.
    I think we should do it softcore instead, that way we don't have to create new characters every time.

I am actually talking about the fact that these days no one ever plays, I want to know why. Dueling thread is dead, MP games thread do not seem to run.

5. csarmi

csarmi Banned

Je le sais, désolé, car j'aimerais jouer avec toi un jour.

6. Lotek-Crask

Lotek-Crask IncGamers Member

I'm there.

7. Ryondaahl

Ryondaahl IncGamers Member

Well as I only play 1.09, MP gaming has been dead for me for quite a while over here. There is a regular Cowing/levelling group elsewhere, maybe we should post IP games over here as well.

cheers,

Ryondaahl

8. moo-cow

moo-cow IncGamers Member

technically yes and no, check pm's.

edit: that was yes and no to the whole thing, not question by question. and clear out your pm's.

9. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

1 - i have asked for MP games last 9 days or so

2 - i often play in MP games with people from this forum

3 - you have to realize that this is a <SINGEL>player forum and some people actualy enjoy playing on their own, with their own rules, take their own time etc etc etc...

10. Dinnin Darkblade

Dinnin Darkblade IncGamers Member

I think the problem may be two fold. One, many of us that want to MP (myself and SnakeEyes85 come to mind) cannot host for what ever reason. I've tried asking for help but I have only been told to do what I already said didn't work. So with less people able to host, that means less people to MP with.

The other part is that many people just do not understand how to work together as a group and gets frustrated. An example with out names. Two friends and I were in an MP game together, two of us were skelemancers the third was an assassin. We were all still rather low level, in the mid to high 20's, and were still working on our main skills so our diversity was still rather limited. Well, us two skelemancers were using Amp Damage as our main curse to increase the speed of our combined army's. The Assassin was using Cloak of Shadows to stop enimies from attacking so she could run in and go melee on them. Well to make a long story short, due to us necros and the assassin starting and perpetuating an on going curse war we all ended up just runing on our own in seperate parts of the map. If we had stoped and talked about things or planned ahead on how to handle things we would have been fine, but our inexperience in MP games was our downfall and has turned atleast one of us off from MP in genral, tho not totally.

Perhaps, even tho this is a single player forum, two things can be done to help. One is a forum to help people that have problems with hosting MP games. I'm sure that someone here might have some ideas on how to get things straightend out for those that have problems hosting. Even if its just a simple compilation of suggestions and trouble shooting stickied to the top for people to refer to it may help several people that want to host that are unable to.

The second idea is a thread, perhaps weekly, perhaps a guide, on the finer points of working as a Team in a MP game. Things that different classes can do to help the entire party aside from the obvious Pally aura's, Druid Spirits, and Barb's BO. They say education is the solution to all the worlds problems, perhaps that is the case here. Educate the SPF community that wants to MP but has little experience in it and perhaps we will see more people trying it and joining in MP games.

Just my two cents and probley much more complicated than anyone would think nessacary, but then again perhaps its something we should think about as well.

11. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

lol tu t'ennuirais.
    avec ma sorciere , on voit rien a l'ecran, c'est tout blanc.
    avec l'amazon, l'action se résume a 5cm2 au bord de l'écran
    avec le necro, meme moi je m'ennuie, un ptit coup de decripy de temps en temps.
    avec le pal, ca butine de monstre en monstre, bof au bout de 5 min.
    avec l'assassin, l'est dans le noir et ca cours si vite que je sais jamais ou je suis (les monstres non plus).
    avec le barbare, bof, ca fait longtemps que ca me gave les barbares, moi voi, moi tu , moi mort, bof bof

12. Joutaja

Joutaja IncGamers Member

FAQ actually has little part about configuring firewall. You can try if it helps.

One problematic thing for the MP here is ladders. Some want to play ladder and some want to play non-ladder.

13. Dinnin Darkblade

What little in the FAQ is useless actually for many I'm sure. I can not host even with my firewall disabled. :xx: I don't know if there are any posters here that are in computers as a living but if one or two of them could possible post addresses for trouble shooting sites they know of that are nice and simple english (no techno babble please) or perhaps write up a FAQ on how to configure your computer (not just the firewall) to allow you to host MP games. Perhaps it has to do with the modem type (Dial Up, DSL, Cable) or something else I dont' know of. Just a thought.

14. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

yep if i could host, there would be MP games up 24/7 :)

guess i could open some ports, somehow, in our router

but
    1 - dunno how
    2 - have lost the cd for our router :) hehe

15. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I cant host even with disabled firewall too :( I don't know why, but that is one of those things I really would like to know. That would mean lots of MP games...

16. Ryondaahl

Snake, do you have the brand and model of your router handy? I could have a look what the standard IP for your model is, a common one is 10.0.0.138 for example. These things usually have a web front in which you can configure ports and such.

cheers,

Ryondaahl

17. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

Have been actively MPing with my few friends who all wanted to play some new characters untwinked(me being the concentration barb untwinked, who is slowly becoming twinked)

18. Ryondaahl

Is this the firewall on your PC or the one that's on your modem/router? Shutting down the firewall on your computer does not really help if your router has another firewall active. It could also be your ISP, although chances are pretty slim that they are blocking the TCP ports D2 needs to run MP.

cheers,

Ryondaahl

19. Dinnin Darkblade

I don't know about the other posters set up, but if I go into the start menu, connect to, show all connections it brings up a list of connections. I right click on my Cable modem and select status. From there properties button then the Advanced Tab. I disable the firewall there. I don't have a router as far as I know since I have a standalone computer.

20. Joutaja

Joutaja IncGamers Member

I can't host with those directions either.:teeth:

When I open my router config window there is just too many "rfc-4400AxpY^k?!2" things and I don't know where should I go.