Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Multiplayer etiquette?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Carne_DelMuerto, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Carne_DelMuerto

Carne_DelMuerto IncGamers Member

Multiplayer etiquette?

Howdy,
    I've been playing single-player and some multi (TCP/IP) games and hope to venture out onto battle.net soon. I'm wondering what the general rules of etiquette are when playing there. How is loot distributed? Is it just finders keepers? And are you expected to group if you join a game or is it ok to run around solo. I'm generally always a very polite player, just want to make sure I don't make any mistakes in a foreign land that may end up costing me a finger. :lol:

Oh, also would you recommend an open or ladder character for my first foray?
    Any advice is appreciated. Many thanks.

ps--These forums rock. So much better than the trash posted over on VN.

2. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Howdy.

My recommendation is to stay out of the public games as much as possible. The pubbie players tend to be rude, greedy and not very skilled. There are exceptions to that rule of course. :)

If you are planning on joining the Closed BNet community soon, why not start a thread in the Player-Matchup Forum and find some friendly forum peeps to play with in private games? Making friends to play with will make this game even more fun than it all ready is.

Some general BNet etiquette:

1. Ask it once. Ask it nice.

2. Abbreviations are fine. 1337-speak is not.

3. Need before greed. Drops should be shared fairly.

4. Do not go killing things away from the group. Stay together so everyone can share the xp.

Of course, in public games, it's a free for all so none of the above really apply.

Definately go ladder. The economy is cleaner, the drops are better, and the women are prettier.

3. Richard-gm39

Richard-gm39 IncGamers Member

I dont really see the point in playing on Bnet if u r not going to mix with every1 else.

I say join open games, play with foreign people and enjoy...not every1 is rude and swear at you, usually will only happen if your are being a problem yourself.

You can make friends by talking in chat and in games, enjoy

4. warding

warding Banned

There is generally no etiquette on b.net, the only etiquette seems to be aimed at raising self importance. Some guidelines to follow for example:

1) When dueling someone, if you lose, its always because of either the lag, your opponent using duped or hacked items, or using unfair methods. Thus you should always call him a "noob" or if you really want it to sting, a "n00b"

2) When trading in the channels, spam your trade as fast as you can in the following format: "I got wizpike looking 4 IK Armor or other godlys nr=nt". The reason you want to spam fast is to get people to notice you, and to wash the other traders' spam off the screen as fast as possible.

3) Always purposely misspell a word to show that you are not a noob. For example, instead of "own", the correct bnet term is "pwn", instead of "the" you can try "teh".

4) Sexual references improve your reputation with public gamers. For example instead of saying "My character is stronger than yours" you can say "I **** your char".

5) If your party members are annoying you or ignoring you, you can spam repeated messages in a game like "SEND TP NOOBZ SEND TP NOOBZ SEND TP NOOBZ" so that it will fill their screen and they can't play properly until they either tp you or squelch you.

6) B.netters are lazy people, and proud of it. Hence the more elite, the more lazy. The greatest of bnet traders use the following abbreviations to show their time is too valuable to be wasted by noobs: "wug" and "wuw" meaning "what u got?" and "what u want?"

7) The poor people should always beg for items because it maintains the b.net social hierarchy. For example, it is extremely gratifying for you to beg: "I need free items plzzzzzzzzzz" (each extra z makes you sound more desperate, so the more the better). Of course you will never get you free items, but it gets rich people to call you a noob and make them feel better about themselves.

Seriously though if you're looking for a friendly enviornment, you're better off in yahoo chat rooms. :) Or stick with these forums, they'll keep you out of trouble most of the time if you ask for help.

5. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

LMAO so true

6. GIR

GIR Banned

Take everything you can, give nothing back.

Oh... wait. That's pirates.

No... wait. That's pubbie bnetters.

Pubbie Pirates! They shall be known as such from this day forward.