Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Muling on bnet?!

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Nerros, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Nerros

Nerros Diabloii.Net Member

Muling on bnet?!

Hi im coming back to diablo 2 although i never really got into it, but i was wondering about muling on bnet. I wanna play on bnet cause i like playing with others but one thing that worries me is muling. I'd hate to loose some of my items because of one mistake during muling. What would you say is the best way to mule? Besides having a friend hold the game for you.

thanks!

2. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Muling on bnet?!

Well i'm new to bnet as well, i was muling some low lvl gear on my 2 mules couple of times by joinig a mule park publick game, running off someware with the items and then comming back with my mule and pick them up. It all worked fine untill today when i noticed that all the games my main character can see the mule can not even if they are on the sam acc. So now i can't mule anything any more :(

3. DH Amazon

DH Amazon Diabloii.Net Member

It's quite safe if you know what you are doing. Not 100% safe, for me its been ~99% safe along the years.

Make game with password. Don't mule in those open games.

Play ~5min (or little more to perm game, so you can change chars and enter same game). Game stays open around 4-5 min even its empty, so you don't need to hurry while you change chars.

Drop items. Change char and pick them up. Rince and repeat. Don't change chars too fast, do it quite slowly if you mule a lot.

4. ffejrxx

ffejrxx Diabloii.Net Member

safest way to mule items

1. create a game (with a password) with your main char (normal difficulty)
    2. chat /time to see the time
    3. wait or kill for 5+ minutes
    4. chat /time to verify 6+ minutes went by
    5. exit and rejoin with the same char (wait about 5 seconds before rejoining) to verify the game is still active
    6. wait about another 30 seconds
    7. drop items to be muled
    8. exit and join the game with your mule (waiting about 5 seconds between actions)
    9. pick up items, staying in the game for about 30 seconds

repeat steps 8-9 for other mules

remember joining games quickly will give a temp ip ban (~20 games/hr iirc)
    changing accts/chars quickly will give a temp ip ban (wait about 5-10 secs between actions)

@Gul Dukat
    the major problem with that method is there is a max or 8 players in a game, sometimes the game you pick may be full
    and chars that have completed the baal quest on normal will see nightmare games, and completed baal quest on nightmare will only see hell games
    you can type in the game name and password to join any difficulty with them

5. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Diabloii.Net Member

Cool, thanks for that info, i was wondering why my mules see diferent games than my main who has recently compleated normal. I kind a did also not know that you can actualy type the game name and pass to join it, i was always browsing throu the window there:crazyeyes:

6. nurman

nurman Diabloii.Net Member

Safest way to mule items is to get dual cdkeys and run 2x d2's at the same time :)

7. wickedswami

wickedswami Diabloii.Net Member

yep, this

10 chars

8. enthalpy

enthalpy Diabloii.Net Member

What i Usually do is go on my mule account, or mule character, search for a game... since you will need a normal game and chances are the character with the items is in Hell, or nightmare....

"Well i'm new to bnet as well, i was muling some low lvl gear on my 2 mules couple of times by joinig a mule park publick game, running off someware with the items and then comming back with my mule and pick them up. It all worked fine untill today when i noticed that all the games my main character can see the mule can not even if they are on the sam acc. So now i can't mule anything any more "

what he said... thats why you cant see games because character in hell cant see games in normal...

which is why you go on your mule char that is in normal find a game, remember the name...

best games to mule in I find are ones that say "act 2 help" "act 2 come" "act 3 come" "act 4" so on so forth...

because you are muling in act 1.... so you want the game members to not be in act 1, or have a chance to go there... also, i find that muling in corners is a bad idea... you want to mule by the COW, or by the barricade where there aren't NPCS, because those places aren't checked by people first, so you can hide items there real easy.

hope this helps.

9. Nerros

Nerros Diabloii.Net Member

Cool thanks for all the replies helps alot!

10. BobCox2

BobCox2 Diabloii.Net Member

2 accounts and 2 Computers always works instantly.

11. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 Diabloii.Net Member

As does 2 accounts and 1 computer :).