Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Muling in Single Player: The ATMA Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by AlterEgo, Feb 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Diabloii.Net Member

I've said this before, but not in a while.

Adding a feature like "cubing" in ATMA may be controversial. I don't mean to open the debate here, so please don't defend the concept to me. ;) I strongly suggest that anyone who develops the next available ATMA release (probably Doc Tenshi) please, please provide the list of functionality changes to the site admins (I'll run interference if you like). I'm sure you know the history, and reasons for this request.

2. The Confessor

The Confessor Diabloii.Net Member

I considered amending my request for cube functionality, but thought better of it at the last moment. My mistake.

The ONlY functionality that most of us would really want in an in-Atma Horadric Cube are the recipies with static inputs AND results.

For example, 3 El always equal 1 Eld.

Similarly, 3 Chipped Diamonds always equal 1 Flawed Diamond

3 Rejuvs = 1 Full Rejuv (IIRC, been a while)

Atma 'emulation' of combinations which produce an item with variable modifiers sounds just as sketchy to me as it does to you.

3. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Diabloii.Net Member

No need to apologize. I understand the desire for the often-suggested "built-in" cube. I wasn't even thinking about crafting, rolling charms, etc. That would definitely be a problem.

No, what is likely controversial is the creation of items outside the game. Right now, ATMA essentailly moves & stores items that were created within the game. This by itself was a bit problematic, but we've gotten past that. As soon as you claim to create "legit items" with a 3rd party program, you now probably have an editor.

4. The Confessor

The Confessor Diabloii.Net Member

If that would really be a problem, to the point of causing the administration to classify ATMA as an editor equivalent to Jamella and Shadowmaster... well, I could definitely live without even basic cube functionality then.

I was here, albeit briefly, during the 'mention ATMA, get banned' era, and that's one place that I DON'T want this forum to go again.

5. VinKelRix

VinKelRix Diabloii.Net Member

I am using ATMA (great program) using Virtual PC on my iBook. The "delete" key does not seem to work in my environment for this function.

6. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi Diabloii.Net Member

AE: I've made mention of enabling simple cubing on several forums and I do believe I mentioned this to Elly/Gaile a while back. In any case, the general concensus is that it would put ATMA into a gray area even though it would be a great utility. I think I'll simply remove the right-click menu from the next patch I release so as to prevent further confusion. The point is more or less moot at this point since I don't have the time to work on it any further.

Come to think about it, I haven't done any ATMA related work in months so I'll probably have to start thinking about handing it off to someone else or set up something like what Confessor mentioned.

Oh yeah, it just might be time for another ATMA thread ;)

--T

7. Lacerta

Lacerta Diabloii.Net Member

I had an interesting ATMA happening this weekend. I don't need any help with it, but I thought I would mention it in case it isn't a known bug.

I had a shield in a stash and went to move it onto a character. Unfortunately I didn't realize that I had the .d2s file open to the merc tab, and it was an act 2 merc, who aren't allowed shields. I dragged and dropped, and usually if you drop in a place that isn't allowed, the item jumps back to where you picked it up from (I think). Well this one just disappeared. It wasn't anywhere on the character, on the merc, or in the stash. I didn't have any other d2s or stash files open at the time. I retrieved it from a backup, so no worries, but it was odd.

If it matters, the .d2s file was a sorc and the shield was an Ancients Pledge. And this was all in 1.10 LOD

8. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Yeah, I responded to this particular quirk before. In any case, I made a small fix to it which should be in next patch if/when I get around to releasing it.

--T

9. Cattleya

Cattleya Diabloii.Net Member

Did you try using the "forward" delete key (under the help key on the extended part of the keyboard?) This worked for me using VPC 7/Windows XP Pro.

Cattleya

10. Mosarel

Mosarel Diabloii.Net Member

hey, i just got you program and cheers! Im am still as talented with a computer as a rock, but im working on it. I have win98 and i followed the instuctions, however the toggle pop up item is unselectable! Confusion..... plz help. Thanks

11. DougTheHead2

DougTheHead2 Diabloii.Net Member

unfortunately, you can blame microsoft. Item popup will not work in win98 and is disabled when isntalled.

All we got to work with is the Item Property view. It was hell after I moved off another computer to this one, but it is still just as useful. I've almost forgotten how cool it was to have it pop up.... :wistful:

12. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer Diabloii.Net Member

I remember Shivan was working on a dupe base for ATMA, any word on its progress yet?

13. Hakai_no_Tenshi

No idea .. haven't seen or heard from him in a while

--T

14. Serdash

Serdash Diabloii.Net Member

He's in IRC from time to time, but he never really talks much.

Then again nobody really talks much anymore in IRC.

It gets lonely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.